Druid-abnormal dmg???

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Nemanjailic

Druid-abnormal dmg???

#1 » Post by Nemanjailic » 27 Jun 2014 03:30

First of all I wish you a nice day. :D
I ask myself and all of you a question: "Do you have a druid bugged dmg ?" and "Is it normal for a druid hit 6k on full pvp wf pala.?"
-I honestly think that the druid have bugged dmg and that is not normal to hit on full pvp gear 6k.
Suggest druids off a little dmg.
What do you think about it :?:

VergilGC
Honorary Member

Re: Druid-abnormal dmg???

#2 » Post by VergilGC » 27 Jun 2014 03:44

Well considering that ferocious bite can hit 10k on 1300 resilience disco priest, then this might be normal thing to occur. Question is, whether is this supposed to be like that or not.

Dangerouswoolf

#3 » Post by Dangerouswoolf » 27 Jun 2014 03:50

Well it can be abnormal. I agree to shut down f. druid damage. Maybe is that good combo or whatelse but none class can take a lot of damage as druid can do. It will be fair to less a lil bit druid damage

Nemanjailic

#4 » Post by Nemanjailic » 27 Jun 2014 03:57

Yeah maybe you're right,but do not talk about the priest(cloth's) we're talking about Pala (Plates's)-this means that in addition resilience has armor!
Anyway druid working too fast and too strong dmg.I still stand by my position!

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 27 Jun 2014 04:30

I don't really think it's too much if it was a full combo point crit specially if the druid had some decent arpen

cang

#6 » Post by cang » 27 Jun 2014 10:04

Why ppl do even consider armor as valuable stat in pvp as it's beeing countered by purely arp class? If mentioned feral has pve parts giving 100% arp then only resi/absorbs do the job for pala. Ferals, dealing also a lot of bleed damage, basically grin at anyones' armor.

Ofc I'm not saying feral dudu dmg is correct as I haven't pvped here for some time. This still might involve some wrong calculations.

ItchyVortex

#7 » Post by ItchyVortex » 27 Jun 2014 11:19

And in the end, every single class has been qq'ed about having too much damage on truewow.
vergilgc wrote:Well considering that ferocious bite can hit 10k on 1300 resilience disco priest, then this might be normal thing to occur. Question is, whether is this supposed to be like that or not.
I play both classes and im pretty sure this is not possible, not even if feral is in full pve gear, wich means he will die in arena / bg before getting the combo points.
With no reliable kick or healing reduction, its very frustrating for a druid to fight a hpala, since all we have is our high damage.

PS: Sacred Shield absorbs too much here.
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest

Dropdead

#8 » Post by Dropdead » 27 Jun 2014 12:42

I'm sure ferocious bite does more dmg than it should , its obvious , will leave math/tests to others tho , cant bother atm .

Myaoming
Former Staff

#9 » Post by Myaoming » 27 Jun 2014 13:24

Ferocious Bite is working as intended. When you test an ability, you test it in PvE and not in PvP. So instead of blaming abilities, blame damage mitigation stats, like Resilience: Crit damage reduction.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Vaxsysl

#10 » Post by Vaxsysl » 27 Jun 2014 13:31

You do even more damage as a ret than a kitty, not sure why you're questioning their damage: D
Fern / Gaidin (and other alts)

Naljs

#11 » Post by Naljs » 27 Jun 2014 13:52

I have never experienced druid damage to be abnormally high. With the right procs and the talent and some pooling, Fero Bite can easily reach very high damage. You guys overestimate resilience a great deal. Ferocious Bite, in PvE, crits for around 13-14k with my druid (I do not use the Fero Bite talent). I am in deadly/furious glad gear, with some ToCr offsets and that double bladed ToCr polearm. Remove 1/3rd of that damage (assuming the target has 1415 resilience) and you'll be left with around 9.5k damage. Then there's armor, damage reduction talents etc, but the damage will still be considered high, even on a full wrathful plater. It's nothing weird though, it's supposed to be the druid's "killshot" ability. Timed wrong, and if it doesn't crit, it will be a HUGE waste. I do not have any arpen yet, so I can only dream about killing any plater with the slightest clue..
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Bluebell
Former Staff

#12 » Post by Bluebell » 27 Jun 2014 14:21

Was it in a BG, Arena or Duel? If it was in a BG they may have had the damage increase buff.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Demol
Former Staff

#13 » Post by Demol » 27 Jun 2014 14:27

Myaoming wrote:Ferocious Bite is working as intended. When you test an ability, you test it in PvE and not in PvP. So instead of blaming abilities, blame damage mitigation stats, like Resilience: Crit damage reduction.
^ This.

6k Ferocious is normal and can be easily reached in pvp with merely Savage Roar ability and 5 combo points with some extra energy.

jastericiak

#14 » Post by jastericiak » 27 Jun 2014 15:32

Recently got crited for 10.7k with ferocious bite on 1310 resilience + shadowform.. If thats normal then i dont know what isnt. Now i dont know if the damage is bugged or resilience doesnt work as intended but it just doesnt sound right.
"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would've noticed another madman around here? Good luck, everyone."

ItchyVortex

#15 » Post by ItchyVortex » 27 Jun 2014 16:11

pics or didnt happen
Esunna, Feral Druid | Elainn, Discipline Priest