RBG

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Naljs

RBG

#1 » Post by Naljs » 14 May 2014 09:05

So I'm making this post because I'm SICK AND TIRED of all the bull BG's on this server. So before you go "Less QQ more Pewpew, I heard this quote once and my brain can't figure anything original" this post was made after maybe 200 RBG's with the same result? There are 2 things that will kill RBG completely (it has already begun). It's this way imbalanced BG queues, for some reason Hordes are ALWAYS (well, 9/10 BG's anyway) more than Alliance. In a 10v9 situation it isn't that much, but 5v3, seriously? And I know it isn't that Alliance didn't join after queuing, as I queued and it needed 1 more Alliance, I told Slate to and *Poof* 5 hordes join.
And then of course, when they are more they always farm Alliance on Graveyard which basically must mean they don't even want us to requeue?

(They actually did just what I said in chat, these nubs actually felt heroic enough to farm in a 5v3 situation. /clap clap lol)

So my point is; if the RBG can never be fixed to be even, the BG's on this server will die out. No one wants to go up 3v5, only to see the few team members that did join leave again because of the imbalance. And you nub hordes, you complain Alliance don't queue but do you seriously think people will do so with that "heroic" camp-the-graveyard style Hordes have?

And before you go "Alliance farms too QQ", I don't know about that. I wouldn't know, as I always run flags directly to cap, and tell other flaggers to also do so to avoid farming, since I know from experience how shitty that is. The fact is that Alliance avoids RBG, and the RBG queue and the Hordes are responsible for it.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

Dropdead

Re: RBG

#2 » Post by Dropdead » 14 May 2014 10:41

U kinda forget 9/10 bgs allys leave when they see they cant win , thats the main reason bgs end like that , NOT 'horde" dualbox or bg starting unevenly . Im also sick and tired of some random ally retards whispering me I dualbox when i have even no idea how to do that , so yea basicly less qq more pewpew .

Naljs

#3 » Post by Naljs » 14 May 2014 11:07

Yes they leave when they are outnumbered, they just can't be bothered trying. I've seen it plenty of times. Hordes do is as soon they can't win too. But it's not, and I repeat, NOT the main reason for the BG's to end up like that. It's a messed up queue, and yes I've seen horde dual log plenty of times, but I can't prove it so there will never be any action taken against that. The issue remains whatever you say - Alliance are always outnumbered upon BG start, and it discourages Alliance to even try, because they know there won't be an even fight whatsoever.
All your posts I've seen are in style with "me op, u just qq cuz me Lava Burst" and I was hoping to not have that kind of posts here, so please refrain from that.

Hordes have no right to come here and defend it and fight for this to remain, have some honor in your bones and realise this is an ISSUE and you will LOSE population over this. I know people already left because they can't get a decent BG, so they moved to other servers.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
It's called a Throne.

elementalice

#4 » Post by elementalice » 14 May 2014 11:14

thats why alliance refuse pvp, when see numbers like 19 hordes qqe, ally 0.ally join bgs only if they know 200% they can win, otherwise no one joins.
dont come with this unbalance numbers cause some are deserters on alliance, they leave bg.saw some 1 complained about having 4 hpala full wf , resto druid and disc priest on wsg and as dps only 1 war with Sm , hapens a lot on morning qqe.so rather work that on aliance to put more effort on pvp , join more, even if they loose, hordes dont care about wins , played 2 hrs on hordes and got 0 wins and still ppl joined bg, that is missing on alliance

Dropdead

#5 » Post by Dropdead » 14 May 2014 11:25

Sorry but all these seem like pathetic excuses to me , atleast that quote 'The fact is that Alliance avoids RBG, and the RBG queue and the Hordes are responsible for it' made me laugh a little .

Edit : and nobody cares for ur whine
Last edited by Dropdead on 14 May 2014 11:33, edited 1 time in total.

Naljs

#6 » Post by Naljs » 14 May 2014 11:27

Actually I see hordes stop queuing after 2 losses or so too.. but that's not the point, deserters aren't the issue.
The issue is this: You queue a BG, you see 3 Alliance and 6 Hordes in queue. That's about average on morning queues. The 3 Alliance, or sometimes even only 2, gets in, while 4-6 Hordes get in. See my point? If 3 Alliance gets in, should the BG pop for 5 hordes? No, it shouldn't. But it does. And then in the BG, people see "awh shit, 2v4 again.. /leave BG". That's the main reason why Alliance don't queue BG's. Because hordes are always more, even more than Alliance even had in the BG queue in the first place. Then another Alliance joins, to even out to 3v4, and 1-2 more hordes get in so it's 3v5 or 3v6 still.

If this happened once or twice, cool, shit happens. But in 9/10 BG's this is the issue, and it is really a game breaking point where you must get 10 people to queue a BG only to even out the numbers and stop them from Graveyard camping for 20 minutes. And that can be pretty hard to do during morning hours where you're lucky if you even get the 3 needed for the BG to start...

EDIT: And Dropdead, nobody cares what it seems like to you. The issue remains.
It's called a Throne.

Corba

#7 » Post by Corba » 14 May 2014 11:33

Are u new player here? Or u just not remember when Horde was always less in bgs and we couldn't win a single bg for 2-3 days and we still keep queue.

U know why? Cuz we don't care for win. We only want to farm aliance. That is in our blood. HORDE FOR LIFE!!!!
Myalt
Corbas
Shmfmt

HeadOwn

#8 » Post by HeadOwn » 14 May 2014 11:47

So basically, alliance joins rbgs with 3 healers, farm our GY and we gotta be ok with that, but when we join with more powerful guys and u noobs leave the bg cuz u r outnumbered we have to cap the flag? is there any rule that says that?

Dude, I played here for a couple of months only and from what I've seen if we (horde) are losing then we simply don't ress, we take our spirit away from the GY and ally stay there in vain without getting anything, I'm already adapted to the rbgs here, a 5v5 bg and the horde is owning so the alliance leaves the bg, 5v5 rbgs and the alliance owning (3 healers and 2 dps) we just stay there, no reason to leave the bg cuz of something like this, and about the 2 alliance join the bg and 4 hordes join is not our fault, it's the afkers fault, they queue for rbg and they r lazy to w8 so they just go afk, blame them.
Cobra
U know why? Cuz we don't care for win. We only want to farm aliance. That is in our blood. HORDE FOR LIFE!!!!
+!
Headscuttero - Orc Warrior PvP: Arms, PvE: Arms & Tank [BS/JC]
Headscutterr - Orc Warrior PvP: Arms, PvE: Fury [Enchanting/JC]
Headshealing - Tauren Druid PvP: Resto, PvE: Resto & Bear [LW/Skinning]

Naljs

#9 » Post by Naljs » 14 May 2014 11:56

You guys seriously have to learn to read. I've said MULTIPLE times that the afk'ers and leavers aren't the issue. Is there anyone able to read and understand that can comment here instead?
It's called a Throne.

jemboy

#10 » Post by jemboy » 14 May 2014 12:34

People are turning this into "Alliance are like this, Horde are like that" generalizations when the issue posted here is about BGs starting with uneven numbers. I personally do not blame the Horde as a faction for this problem. The problem seems to be that there are maybe some Horde players who are gaming the queue and it ruins RBGs for everyone, no need to get defensive about factions. I think the GY camping is a non-issue.
Dropdead wrote: thats the main reason bgs end like that
BTW Most if you check the screen shot, the game hasn't ended yet, it's just 2 or 3 minutes into the game (not including Preparation) and it started 3v5. OP isn't whining about losing, but about the uneven amount of players in the BG.

Uwel
Honorary Member

#11 » Post by Uwel » 14 May 2014 12:50

I see your point Naljs. I think the problem is that, when alliance and horde are qued in rbg, and it calls us in, some alliance players just wont join, even if they were qued. So if 5-5 alliance and horde players were called in, but 2 alliance players leave que then ofc bg starts with less players on ally side.
I don't know why are they doing this, or whoa re they, ally players who are trolling, or horde players with their alliance alts messing with que(ofc i cant prove it, dont want to offend horde players, but anythings possible), so bg would start, or just plain stupid ppl, who wont join after they qued and called in, like some players do it in rhc ques.
[hide]WTB:
Heavy Junkbox: http://wowhead.com/item=16885
Pristine Black Diamond: http://wowhead.com/item=18335[/hide]

Uwel - Lvl 80 human warlock
Ultear - Lvl 80 human paladin
Undomiel - Lvl 80 human priest
Eradicate - Lvl 80 human mage
Urgoz - Lvl 70 twink human warrior
Ulthane - Lvl 80 night elf druid
Utgard - Lvl 60 human death knight

Roel
Founder

#12 » Post by Roel » 14 May 2014 13:04

Our queue properly takes care of balancing so the only way to get outnumbered is because of afk'ers and leavers.
Example that can be skipped if you prefer:
5 allies queue and 10 hordes.
1 allies and 2 hordes are afk in the queue.
The queue prepares for 5v5, it calls 5 allies and 5 hordes to BG.
Only 4 allies enter because one is afk, so it's 4v5.
One ally leaves so it's 3v5.
No allies in the queue so it stays 3v5.
Of course a horde can also leave but then it's still 3v4.
However the actual root cause like Naljs explained is those initial 5 allies and 10 hordes in the queue. We have some pending changes to fix this imbalance and bring it back to how it used to be about a year ago but it's going to take a while: http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12520

It won't make every BG balanced and sometimes you can still own or get owned hard, also because of gear. But optimally alliance would be owning just as often as hordes.

Dropdead

#13 » Post by Dropdead » 14 May 2014 13:07

Atleast i see some of u guys figure what the problem is , (yes its not horde like Naljs claims) . BG que will not allow bgs to start 3v5 and such , if there is such BG it means 2 allys didnt join when they got the que . U should blame those kind of ppl for those unfair battlegrounds .

elementalice

#14 » Post by elementalice » 14 May 2014 13:21

and ofc about this 3 vs 5, all time when hordes are outnumbered we call on world chat for ppl to join bgs to get balance, we ask friends, guildies, to do that to.
i dont know , why alliance not just qqe bg and equal numbers if its 3vs 5 , u call 2 more friends , guildies and will be equal, and all the way till it goes cap number of bg.
so it can be fixed,its not a big problem

xtopher

#15 » Post by xtopher » 14 May 2014 13:29

I don't like to see this kind of disparity in team sizes either. An absurdly one-sided fight isn't fun, no matter which side you're on. But I do think you're exaggerating the problem a bit. The lopsided teams seem to be more of an issue at certain times, mainly early in the AM server time. At peak hours, BGs tend to be much more balanced. In fact, not long after that WSG in your screenshot, I was in two big WSGs which were great. Alliance won the first, Horde won the second. And both of those games were intense, with each team being in good shape and fighting hard.

Alliance doesn't always get the short end of the stick, even though it may feel that way. The other night, around the same time, I encountered the same problem on the Horde side. I was in like three BGs in a row where Horde was down 1-2 players the whole fight. Also, both factions are guilty of shameless graveyard camping, so I feel you're unfairly antagonizing Horde for it.

I really think it's more balanced than you say it is. I think anyone who says Alliance loses 9/10 BGs doesn't really play enough BGs. Yeah, it can be frustrating/demoralizing to lose repeatedly, but if you just quit after losing a few games, then of course you'll hardly ever see the Alliance win. So my only advice would be to just queue more, stick around longer and you'll see more of the better battles. Also, I personally like to hang out on TeamSpeak with my friends and queue with them. Not only is it a huge advantage to have voice communication in BGs, but it makes the whole experience more enjoyable. I'd encourage anyone to do the same.