Twinking 70-79

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Tenebro
Honorary Member

Re: Twinking 70-79

#31 » Post by Tenebro » 13 Jun 2014 17:41

What i should try to balance? I can't form a horde twink guild cuz there are not enought TRUE HORDE ppls and i'm not gonna waste my entire play time on a 79 char only to balance that bracket.

Gutek
Donor

#32 » Post by Gutek » 14 Jun 2014 00:37

Your answers are quite hard for me to understand Dez, partly 'cause of the english, partly 'cause of the messed up logic. So what you basically mean is that you'd rather have no bgs at all and sit in Orgrimmar at a campfire, than to let players switch factions to make something happen? I guess most of us are not 10 anymore and are not emotionally bound to a video game's faction. I don't really know the case, but this whole thing sounds a little bit childish to me.

Peanuts

#33 » Post by Peanuts » 14 Jun 2014 12:03

your judging how someone else chooses to play a video game, you tell me who the childish one is
Peanuts - 80 pvp shadow/ pvp disc Priest (inactive)
Peanutsz - 80 Multi/Sub pvp Rogue (inactive)
Peanut- 80 Blood Tank/ 2h Frost Tank DK (inactive)
Nutters- 80 Prot Tank/ Arms pvp Warrior (inactive)
Shenuts - 80 Demo/Affliction PvE Warlock (inactive)
Peanutz - 80 Holy/Ret PvE Paladin (inactive)
Pyrocircus - lvl 19 Resto druid twink (inactive)
Kapital- lvl 79 Enhance/Resto Shaman twink (inactive)

shaun03

#34 » Post by shaun03 » 14 Jun 2014 13:14

Peanuts, keep quiet. You have no idea what is going on. All of this is relevant to the current lack of players in the 70-79 bracket.
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Peanuts

#35 » Post by Peanuts » 14 Jun 2014 14:12

im just saying simply making faction switches to balance out bgs does not work. the server has tried this numerous times, even making horde > alliance free for a period of time, yet the problem still remains with alliance having less regular bgers at 80. imo this means that there are far more ppl interested in "playing as horde/alliance" and sticking to their chosen faction than simply switching factions to balance out the bg scene.

plus 70-79 imo will always be kinda lacking in "regular" players simply due to being so close to lvl 80 (for example in Legion of the Horde, a 79 twink guild, we recently had like 4 ppl leave just cos they got tired and wanted to lvl to 80). The majority of twinks in the 70s bracket (on horde) are not that interested in becoming full fledged twinks, they simply gear up and join bgs at 78 as an afterthought on their way to 80.

As for just normal bgs in general, the server currently does not have the population to produce constant "good bgs". i think even u wud have to admit that alot of bgs (at all brackets), are less than 5v5 in a wsg, and in these it really is just "who has the most twinks" or "who has the most healers" and as a result most of the time bgs are mainly one team completely dominating the other all of which put off ppl from even join bgs in the first place.

Arraj

#36 » Post by Arraj » 14 Jun 2014 18:41

I always say that :

"pick a side - stick to it - make friends - make enemies. Makes game much more interesting ;)
"

And yes, I'm 100% sure if server disabled switches we would have balance by now. Allowing players to switch to wining side will never solve a problem. Cancel side switching - problem could be solved in next few months.
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

shaun03

#37 » Post by shaun03 » 17 Jun 2014 10:32

Update :

Holyteats - 79 priest (disc / shadow) - been a while since horde had a good priest on their side, and this one is easily their best. The reason why they are winning WSG at the moment.
Acaros - 79 Warrior (Arms) - Perfect tank for Dezolator
Keith - 79 Warrior (Arms) - such a nab. (AKA Kyle, Sheldon)
Kapital - 79 Shaman (Enhancement) - Been a while since we've seen a Enh Shammy on horde as well. Crap hard to kill, hits like a truck, impossible to kill when paired with a healer.

There are many more twinks that have started queuing, last night we had a 12v11 Arathi Basin! ^_^ Love the activity of the bracket!

Any potential alliance twinks, we need healers guys, so please create those disc priests lol, we need them!

Hope to see more battlegrounds going on over the next few weeks.

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#38 » Post by Tenebro » 17 Jun 2014 11:01

Better a 70 warr than Acaros he is unskilled and rarely talk, he play in a different world alone...

Peanuts

#39 » Post by Peanuts » 17 Jun 2014 11:04

i am kapital lols, but unfortunately i wont be online for the next 2-3 weeks so horde will have to do with some other enhance shammy, but flatterd anyway :D

shaun03

#40 » Post by shaun03 » 17 Jun 2014 11:18

Well I am glad that this topic is getting so much interest from the hordies. Dez, who is the alliance which you have had the most trouble disposing off 1v1 (not necessarily killing him, but just giving you the hardest time).

This topic was meant to not glorify only the horde twinks, but also those on the alliance (we have some good players, but we all want to feel a little appreciated every now and then... lol)

Btw, who is that mage that you join with, the frost mage, starts with "E" but I can't remember her name.
Last edited by shaun03 on 18 Jun 2014 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#41 » Post by Tenebro » 17 Jun 2014 12:03

Ellyon, but idk if will stay twink just getting gear for 80.

shaun03

#42 » Post by shaun03 » 19 Jun 2014 10:53

Last night was extremely boring. Got into 2 battlegrounds the whole night:

First one, we each had 7 players each, alliance had 1 twink warlock Nadrine, the rest were levellers (I was playing on a level 77 pally), and we ended up going 2 flags up in 5 minutes, only for 4 horde to leave(all high levels 76+), we finished the bg off at about the 15 minute mark, after camping the graveyard for a little while.

Second wsg, we were 2v2 (Myself(on the pally) and Stingsz[72 twink] versus Kyle and Mamas). Mamas was 71, and left, and then Warlin (78 warrior) joined. We had capped a flag earlier, and were able to keep the horde of capping any. Kyle joined then on his warrior(Keith), they got a hunter 79 - Shoottokill and we got Karen (79 twink druid). We managed to win the battleground easily in the end.

I am either going to level another character now(probably horde for when the twinks aren't logging), or I will try my hand at 80 pvp again, as this wait for a battleground is just simply unbearable with the amount of alliance twinks there are.

Can I join your guild Dezzy? :D

Tenebro
Honorary Member

#43 » Post by Tenebro » 19 Jun 2014 11:13

I don't have any guild, Legion of Horde is empty now, i think there are only 10-20 chars in it.

Blade3112

#44 » Post by Blade3112 » 19 Jun 2014 11:20

Sorry for the very noob question, Why would some twink at 70 as supposed to 79?

shaun03

#45 » Post by shaun03 » 19 Jun 2014 12:42

No problem Blade3112, I am glad you asked it.

I'll start off by saying something that you already know. Your secondary stats (hit, crit, haste, resilience, attack power, etc) scale with your level. This means, that the higher your level, the more hit rating you'll need to be able achieve the desired 5% rating required to never miss in pvp. This affects all of these stats that I mentioned.

At level 70, you do not require AS MUCH secondary stats to match a level 79's stats. This is further aided by the fact that brutal gladiator gear (probably the best gear you can get for pvp in the bracket) is only disadvantaged by a couple of points in primary and secondary stats compared to the 78 crafted pvp gear. Don't be mistaken a level 79 will be able to beat a level 70 twink if they know what they are doing, but then again, a level 70 twink will also beat a level 79 twink if they know what they are doing. Level 70 teaches you how to survive against the higher levels where as level 79 is just basically a burst to kill a low level. Level 79's also do not pay as much attention to level 70's, so this makes you unpredictable when it comes to large sided battleground.

Let me also include an "illustration" of sorts :

My level 70 paladin twink (mostly geared, only missing the head enchant, and perhaps a PVE trinket to replace the Death Knight's Anguish In Borean Tundra). You can view my stats here : http://www.truewow.org/armory/character.php?n=Shaunadin

For comparison purposes, here is my freshly levelled 78 (twink2be) paladin : http://www.truewow.org/armory/character ... Illuminare

Obviously my 2nd paladin is missing a lot of enchants, other pieces of gear, but please be my guest and compare primary and secondary stats (also keep in mind which primary stats affect which secondary stats). For example, melee crit rating :
Shaunadin : 473 rating = 36.72% crit chance
Illuminare : 505 rating = 26.05 % crit chance

I hope this helps you, and enlightens you to the wonderful world of twinking at level 70! ^_^

P.S. Better yet, try twinking in protection and watch all melee classes /cry and /leave the battleground as you solo 3 - 4 players that are a higher level than you! :)

Please let me know if you need any further information!

Regards,

Shaun