Twinking 70-79

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Blade3112

Re: Twinking 70-79

#46 » Post by Blade3112 » 19 Jun 2014 14:52

shaun03 wrote: I'll start off by saying something that you already know. Your secondary stats (hit, crit, haste, resilience, attack power, etc) scale with your level. This means, that the higher your level, the more hit rating you'll need to be able achieve the desired 5% rating required to never miss in pvp. This affects all of these stats that I mentioned.
First of all, I did not know this (I'm a noob i know)/facepalm
shaun03 wrote: At level 70, you do not require AS MUCH secondary stats to match a level 79's stats. This is further aided by the fact that brutal gladiator gear (probably the best gear you can get for pvp in the bracket) is only disadvantaged by a couple of points in primary and secondary stats compared to the 78 crafted pvp gear. Don't be mistaken a level 79 will be able to beat a level 70 twink if they know what they are doing, but then again, a level 70 twink will also beat a level 79 twink if they know what they are doing. Level 70 teaches you how to survive against the higher levels where as level 79 is just basically a burst to kill a low level. Level 79's also do not pay as much attention to level 70's, so this makes you unpredictable when it comes to large sided battleground.
So in other words, it is easy for a lvl 70 to go "under the radar".
shaun03 wrote: Obviously my 2nd paladin is missing a lot of enchants, other pieces of gear, but please be my guest and compare primary and secondary stats (also keep in mind which primary stats affect which secondary stats). For example, melee crit rating :
Shaunadin : 473 rating = 36.72% crit chance
Illuminare : 505 rating = 26.05 % crit chance
Very Interesting thank you very much for the example. From what i understand a 79 needs more secodary stats to be able to preform on the same lvl as a 70
shaun03 wrote: I hope this helps you, and enlightens you to the wonderful world of twinking at level 70! ^_^
After everything i have read on the forum over the last few weeks I think I will be entering the Twinking world as well. See you all in BG's

shaun03

#47 » Post by shaun03 » 19 Jun 2014 15:08

It is my pleasure. Please feel free to ask any questions if you need any further information! ^_^
Feeling as though I've infringed your right to freedom of speech?

[hide="Yes"]Stop being so sensitive, and practice what you preach.[/hide]

[hide="No"]Good for you, your opinion wouldn't matter anyways.[/hide]

Blade3112

#48 » Post by Blade3112 » 19 Jun 2014 15:19

shaun03 wrote:It is my pleasure. Please feel free to ask any questions if you need any further information! ^_^
I do have one more question, and I know there is going to be a debate about it, but here goes:

What it the best\easiest class to start out with?

shaun03

#49 » Post by shaun03 » 19 Jun 2014 15:27

I'll try to keep this short and sweet. For me, I have always HATED melee classes, I always liked hunters and some of the casters, and maybe the rogues because of the stealth aspect. After getting completely destroyed by melee classes (many, many, many times) in battlegrounds, I decided to try out a paladin. I got it to level 30 (when they're still shitty compared to the ranged classes) and left it there for a while. I got pretty bored with it(I think I was busy with exams at the time, so I stopped playing wow for a while to focus on my studies. When I came back, I started playing on the pally again out of boredom. When I got to level 50, it instantly became my favourite class. Not only can it tank, dps and heal, but it can perform those no matter what spec you are playing. The amount of support that it provides as a class is just unparalleled when playing ret. And on top of all that it is also extremely fun to play.

So from my side, a paladin is what I would advise you to do. Please keep in mind that this obviously depends on you and only you.

Also, I noticed you are from South Africa, I am too! :D

Peanuts

#50 » Post by Peanuts » 20 Jun 2014 09:41

Blade3112 wrote:I do have one more question, and I know there is going to be a debate about it, but here goes:

What it the best\easiest class to start out with?
personally i believe that a blood/uh dk in the 79s bracket is the strongest, the amount of pressure you can put on an entire team with slows and diseases is insane, plus u have great survability with AMS, IF, DS and just being a plate class.

That said however, remember this is 70s and ppl dont have alot of passive tankiness due to low resi so if u let an ele shammy, destro lock, arcane mage or any other high burst class just stand and freecast they can and will 3 shot others with a single rotation (personal experience from having a 79 destro lock twink that critted 7-8k #balanced). These classes are also the ones that are not as gear dependent as the other twink classes so in a sense they are alot easier to start with as they can perform without gear.

Plus lets not forget everyones most welcome sight in any bg regardless of the lvl bracket, healers. All healers can perform in the 70s bracket, although hpallies maybe a little less due to lack of SS, and can singlehandedly win a bg. However just remember that you will most likely run into mana issues due to everyone taking so much dmg (low resi) and the difficulty in getting "healer" gear as the 78 pvp set normally just has a "caster" and "melee" version and sometimes may not have the stat u want.(for example the shaman 78 caster set has spirit instead of MP5). That said however u cud always instead use brutal pvp gear which most likely will have the stats ur looking for. And lets not forget that when in bgs u literally have a "I AM A HEALER, KILL ME!" sign on top of you.

Just my opinion
Peanuts - 80 pvp shadow/ pvp disc Priest (inactive)
Peanutsz - 80 Multi/Sub pvp Rogue (inactive)
Peanut- 80 Blood Tank/ 2h Frost Tank DK (inactive)
Nutters- 80 Prot Tank/ Arms pvp Warrior (inactive)
Shenuts - 80 Demo/Affliction PvE Warlock (inactive)
Peanutz - 80 Holy/Ret PvE Paladin (inactive)
Pyrocircus - lvl 19 Resto druid twink (inactive)
Kapital- lvl 79 Enhance/Resto Shaman twink (inactive)

Naljs

#51 » Post by Naljs » 20 Jun 2014 11:24

Feral druid is my personal favourite for 70's. I even stopped with mine to gather a few deadly glad pieces before moving to 80, and the nicest thing was that sweet 11.300 ferocious bite crit on a poor Warlock :D he died.
"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
King Charles XII of Sweden (1682-1718)
Yes, I know there is a special place in Hell for me.
It's called a Throne.

shaun03

#52 » Post by shaun03 » 20 Jun 2014 12:05

Pfffft Naljs, thats nothing compared to a 10k crit with ambush on my subtelty rogue on a poor unsuspecting lock as well :P I literally one shotted the guy with ambush. haha

Peanuts

#53 » Post by Peanuts » 20 Jun 2014 12:37

btw my warlock crits where on full geared 79 twinks :D and combo that up with 4-5k conflag, 6-7k incinerate i wud average 20-25k dmg in one immo conflag chaos incinerate rotation. #muchskill

Stormhand

#54 » Post by Stormhand » 20 Jun 2014 12:41

Peanuts wrote:btw my warlock crits where on full geared 79 twinks :D and combo that up with 4-5k conflag, 6-7k incinerate i wud average 20-25k dmg in one immo conflag chaos incinerate rotation. #muchskill
Is your crit 100% btw? because those numbers are with criticals.

Peanuts

#55 » Post by Peanuts » 20 Jun 2014 12:58

no it wasnt but i was pretty much garunteed at least 15k dmg in one rotation which tbh at 70s was a little....rofl

Blade3112

#56 » Post by Blade3112 » 20 Jun 2014 13:06

Thanks for all the info thus far.

I think I will give the DK a go, as I like melee classes and have never played as a DK.
And a DK will be the quickest to get to 70 due to the 55 start ^_^

ilyailyailya

#57 » Post by ilyailyailya » 20 Jun 2014 14:12

Hmm after reading all this I wanna go for a 70 twink as well :) just need to finish some business ingame and then I'll start leveling, I'll do either a warlock or a rogue...
Also I'd probably go for ally side :)
Truewow:

Horde:
Volkolak[ Shaman] {70}
Headquake [Shaman] {80}
Xcell [Rogue] {80}
Alliance
Skuletik[Death Knight] {80}
Devana [Hunter] {80}

Primeevil wow:

Horde Thorbjorn [Hunter] {60}

Lordaeron:

Skadi/Velastra (velastra got scammed) aka therberg aka jewberg aka ked aka hime aka scotty

shaun03

#58 » Post by shaun03 » 20 Jun 2014 15:36

Also I'd probably go for ally side :)
No please... Go horde... They're already lacking a decent twink base as it stands...

Exor

#59 » Post by Exor » 20 Jun 2014 20:33

How often do 70s bgs take place?

Dreadlock

#60 » Post by Dreadlock » 21 Jun 2014 18:01

You twinks might have fun in this bracket, but all others who don't like to 2shot weaker ones rarely do. WIth the 2 major drawbacks in place (fewer people to start a bg, stop xp and still be in the same bgs as those who don't) i can just say as a PvP-loving player that it sucks hard to pvp on Truewow (haven't been in 80s yet though). Hardly anyone queues before 60 except some pimped twinks maybe and same goes for 70-79 then. All the fun you can get out of BGs as they are now is let the twinks fight each other and do your thing. It's hardly blizzlike and hardly fair PvP ever, sucks.

Dali'Inza