Blizzlike rewards

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
notbadjpg

Blizzlike rewards

#1 » Post by notbadjpg » 28 Oct 2013 16:00

So I saw this on main site,and decided to write some Constructive criticism about it.
....once the flush has been done then REWARDS will be given in a Blizzlike way, note that this includes the redistribution of titles from the previous season...
REWARDS mean this as I understood correctly:
Roel wrote:Teams within the top 0.5% of active teams in a bracket will be awarded with the Gladiator title. (no mount because no new patch)
Teams within the top 3% of active teams in a bracket will be awarded with the Duelist title.
Teams within the top 10% of active teams in a bracket will be awarded with the Rival title.
Teams within the top 35% of active teams in a bracket will be awarded with the Challenger title.

- Your team must have more than 20 games played in the current arena season.

Keep in mind that you’ll only get titles from the 3v3 and 5v5 brackets, the 2v2 bracket is excluded from any of the above but still gets reset.

Also keep in mind that there is only a top 0.5% if there are 200+ active teams in a bracket so being rank 1 is not always enough, not even always for Duelist.
Since,at the moment,there is 51 3v3 teams with more than 20games,you will then award 3-4 teams with titles if I follow your rules,having 1x rival and 3x challenger if Im not mistaken.
-Do you honestly think this is right for a PvP oriented server?
This is absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.
Roel wrote: Also keep in mind that there is only a top 0.5% if there are 200+ active teams in a bracket so being rank 1 is not always enough, not even always for Duelist.
I'll start with this.I know you are trying to be as blizzlike as possible but do you think this is actually doing better for server?I think the opposite.Me and my friends came from PvP server and few of them left after they realized how small motivation is there to do PvP,so in my opinion people joining this server just because of that will think twice before joining after reading your rules.You cant manage to have the number of teams which were on retail,but you can manage to give people proper rewards without the restriction of "min.200teams for gladiator title" means there will be a bit more people rewarded with titles and not only the "lowest ones" for their work during last 6 months.
Roel wrote: - Your team must have more than 20 games played in the current arena season.
This is actually good rule,I agree with that and even would make the number bigger,like 40-50 games needed for your team to be able to get rewards at the end,so 5v5 teams wont count there.Honestly,you play 5v5 mainly for fun not for expecting rewards from playing it,we see how many 5v5 teams is active and in this case it would be "free reward/title".
Roel wrote:Teams within the top 0.5% of active teams in a bracket will be awarded with the Gladiator title. (no mount because no new patch)
Teams within the top 3% of active teams in a bracket will be awarded with the Duelist title.
Teams within the top 10% of active teams in a bracket will be awarded with the Rival title.
Teams within the top 35% of active teams in a bracket will be awarded with the Challenger title.
Dividing by % of teams is right(again if you remove the condition of min 200active teams needed,otherwise it looks more non-blizzlike than blizzlike at the end of season),but in my opinion there are 2 major problems.
-First one is that,as I heard,there is no rank 1 title(deadly,furious...-gladiator) at all.All of them came from different servers which merged with yours.Your argument will be that you have still s8 and it is just restarted over and over.I mean,really?If you are only wotlk server,then it shouldnt be hard to just simply restart the cycle of seasons again and again(s5-s8) with motivation for best players to have a chance to get r1 title and others.Or just keeping s8 forever but with proper rewards.Instead of that you have your season without proper titles and mounts.Talking about mounts,thats another thing."No mount because no new patch"-this argument doesnt make sense,since you are 3.3.5 now for a while I guess and you had several seasons already since then.And your decision was to not give mounts to gladiator range teams(because of weird arena system there are no gladiator teams) after season end just because there is "no new patch" and instead of that you put unique pvp mounts into your vote reward shop without problem,what makes it way more non-blizzlike than your arena system,because mounts should remain unique and only few players on server should be able to have them after what they achieved,but here everyone can buy them in shop.

About rewarding 2v2 ladder.You decided to not give rewards just because its blizzlike after s6 and since you are endlessly on s8 so there is nothing we can talk about.I think you should stop thinking so negatively and actually make changes that would affect the playerbase in good way.As far as I seen 2v2 ladder is extremly more competitive than 3v3,therefore harder to achieve high ratings/places so I dont see problem with adding rewards to this ladder as well(in 3v3 people can "farm" teams which are doing just 10games for points and getting high places for that,what in 2v2 cant happen).I personally managed to get decent rating in 2v2 and I must say that I had a lot of fun and challenge situations,but what was the point if you dont get even small title for that.I dont think you will lose anything,but earn a lot of happier people with motivation and having a chance to achieve something.I think PvE players shouldnt argue as well since if they dont do arenas often or doing them just for fun then it wont affect them anyway.

Final words:
Yesterday friend linked me system how titles were distributed on gaming consortium - Here,and thats the reason why am I typing all this.Tell me,if it worked so well there why it cant work here?This is very similar system how rewards were distributed in my old server,so even if there is window for changes like changing games needed and so on,I think this is the best system what Ive seen and have no idea why you didnt try to import it or talked with their gms and their opinions about this situation.

Thanks for reading and good luck

Emcee

Re: Blizzlike rewards

#2 » Post by Emcee » 28 Oct 2013 16:29

Lmao GC and their titles are a joke.

Please.
/golfclap
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

emsy
Former Staff

#3 » Post by emsy » 28 Oct 2013 16:29

I agree to most points of your topic. I've been suggesting many of them to the main admin, the response is that rewarding 2v2 with anything is not blizzlike.

I suggested to reward wyrms and WF titles for 3v3 and 5v5 brackets few weeks ago, but i'm still waiting for the answer. Seeing the announcement says "blizzlike" rewards, i hope they will be rewarded. This will even further motivate people to play these brackets. Introducting rewards into 3v3 and 5v5 on GC made much more teams participate there, so I don't think it's a bad thing to do.

The 200+ teams thing is not a condition, it's an explanation of how it works. Even if there's less than 200 teams, the titles will be rewarded, but top team won't be eligible for "gladiator" title since 0.5% will be less than 1.

The GC rewarding system works a bit different. If let's say first team wasn't eligible for title, the title wasn't "shifted" to the 2nd team, but, instead, the title wasn't rewarded. This way truly only the top 35% were considered for title reward (some of them got it, others didn't fulfill rating/games conditions). Truewow only takes the ACTIVE teams (according to the rules stated above) and makes a "ladder" only from those when rewarding titles. Hard to say which system is better, tho with TW system u can happen to get title if u'r in bottom half of the whole ladder.

Arvit

#4 » Post by Arvit » 28 Oct 2013 20:30

Emcee wrote:Lmao GC and their titles are a joke.
This.

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 28 Oct 2013 21:16

GC never had anything to do with your server and how you rewarded your seasons. So turn your conversation around, we haven't done anything but attempt to improve your server. We even suggested rewards that otherwise were out of question to you. Don't make jokes out of yourself, that's pity, not funny.

Toxic Reaper

#6 » Post by Toxic Reaper » 28 Oct 2013 21:57

really don't care if you make changes to how awards are given in 3v3/5v5 but have to agree that the titles are a joke for 2v2(teams with around 400 rating can get titles wtf?)
ToxicReaper- Tauren Druid:
- Restoration PvP and PvE
- Balance PvP

Ghainelor- Orc Deathknight:
- Blood Tank PvE
- Unholy PvP and PvE

Dokusei-Orc Shaman:
- Restoration PvE and PvP
- Elemental PvP and PvE

Infinitus- Undead Priest:
- Discipline PvP and PvE
- Shadow PvP

Bloodintent- Undead Rogue:
- Assassination PvP and PvE
- Subtlety PvP

Rythen- Undead Warlock:
- Affliction PvE and PvP
- Destruction PvE

Choine- Undead Mage:
- Frost PvP
- Fireball-TTW PvE

Paradigma- Buttelf Paladin:
- Protection PvE and PvP
- Holy PvP and PvE

emsy
Former Staff

#7 » Post by emsy » 28 Oct 2013 23:49

Well tw reward system will give titles to those teams too. The tw system floods the bracket with zombie teams with 0 rating. Challenger is given to top 35% teams. It's easy ti get there when bottom 70% teams have 0 rating. This "not wiping teams" makes it easier to get gladiator, since 0.5% is more wih more teams.

Gc rules were even more stict when team needed at least 50 games to get ttles rather than tw's 20

Nazz
Donor

#8 » Post by Nazz » 29 Oct 2013 01:43

Emcee wrote:Lmao GC and their titles are a joke.

Please.
+1

There shouldn't be any mount rewards, it's simply unfair to ones that were top last few season and got nothing.
And about the titles, i'm sure u would like to give them away for free like you did on GC but that's rather stupid and i doubt Roel will agree with it.

emsy
Former Staff

#9 » Post by emsy » 29 Oct 2013 01:52

Yep, let's never innovate anything ever because it would be unfair to those in past. That's the true spirit of staying jn stone age

keez
Donor

#10 » Post by keez » 29 Oct 2013 02:03

people who are not for rewarding 2v2 bracket with titles = people who could never get them in the first place.
stop your hate, our titles will be wiped next week and you will all live happily ever after.

Boxis
Donor

#11 » Post by Boxis » 29 Oct 2013 09:25

emsy wrote:I suggested to reward wyrms and WF titles for 3v3 and 5v5 brackets few weeks ago, but i'm still waiting for the answer.
Should let us know about this as soon as possible so we know if to keep queuing or no.

emsy
Former Staff

#12 » Post by emsy » 29 Oct 2013 18:28

This just in: Roel confirmed wyrms and wf titles will be rewarded frkm 3v3 and 5v5 brackets

Nazz
Donor

#13 » Post by Nazz » 29 Oct 2013 21:00

Rather stupid, saying that Wyrms and Titles are given week or two before end of the season. There were like 10 teams overall this season that played 3v3 cause last season when more were playing and reached up to 2300 Rating in 3v3 they got shit, including myself. Next time be useful and inform players that there are rewards for playing 3v3, don't keep it a secret and announce it the last moment so some faggots that turn out be your friends can take the rewards. Unbelievable.

areyoubananas

#14 » Post by areyoubananas » 29 Oct 2013 21:07

New stipulation, only award titles WHEN we want, to WHOM we want, WHENEVER we want. k

Polkic
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Polkic » 29 Oct 2013 21:13

The change has been discussed very recently and not from last season reset.