"Blizzlike PVP"

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Liebe

Re: "Blizzlike PVP"

#16 » Post by Liebe » 12 Oct 2013 14:41

Again nothing to comment on. You haven't written anything that I haven't included in my OP.

A dev posted how easy SM is to get here, yet the very next post used the "they worked for it omg" argument. It really illustrates the level of reading comprehension of some people.

You are just pissed because someone called you out :P.

Eisen
Donor

#17 » Post by Eisen » 13 Oct 2013 16:59

Liebe wrote:A dev posted how easy SM is to get here, yet the very next post used the "they worked for it omg" argument. It really illustrates the level of reading comprehension of some people.
Firstly, look at the time stamp, 2 minutes apart, I was writing that while he posted his response, secondly. If you had actually read it, and (guess what) comprehended it, you would have realized that even if it's easier to get, it's still no walk in the park and that SM was merely one aspect that I was referring to, please don't pick one thing up out of context trying to make me the fool here. Anyhoo, by your response I can see that you either only read my first sentence, or you didn't understand what I was trying to get across. In simple terms: It is as it is, live with it or gtfo

You keep commenting that "if I had my own server I would.." well guess what? this is not your server. Stop trying to enforce your ideas where they are not wanted. I take my leave as Rehan did...
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

????

#18 » Post by ???? » 13 Oct 2013 19:25

Just to throw it in here for the OP and whoever might want to cry about Shadowmourne again in the future, the weapon is actually bugged - the proc rate is lower than what it should be, so, how about you actually stop whining about it and be thankful for the moment.

Liebe

#19 » Post by Liebe » 14 Oct 2013 13:13

Crying about SM? Yesterday we met 3 different SM teams and were laughing on Skype about it. That said, literaly everyone agrees that removing it would be better for the game, the only reason to defend it is:
- You have SM
- You will have SM
- You play with someone who has SM
- You don't PVP

Your "logic" that they "worked for it" is flawed for two reasons:
- They farmed ICC for it, not achieved high ratings in arena. The way SM is obtainable has nothing to do with PVP, yet it's usable in arenas and BGs.
- Only a few classes can benefit from this legendary weapon.

When you say that this is a PVE/PVP server and the two will overlap, that's just stating the obvious. I'm aware of that, I was aware of that when I rolled here a few months ago. My point is that having a true 1x blizzlike server with 500+ people playing will eventually lead to a situation where Shadowmourne is pretty common, creating a very unblizzlike situation. By removing SM from arenas this server would actually come closer to what blizzlike means.

I can probably insult myself way better than you ever can, don't worry :3.

????

#20 » Post by ???? » 14 Oct 2013 14:03

Lately most complains are about Shadowmourne, especially yours. Enlighten me, about the agreeing part, what do you mean by "literaly everyone" and who exactly are we talking about.

You can blame Blizzard for creating Shadowmourne and all the ICC HC items and allowing their usage in PvP, not this server, not the people in it, nothing else - this is how the game is, or rather, was, during WotLK. If you don't like it then go play Vanilla, TBC, Cata or MoP, or a whole different game for all I care and probably for all other people care as well.

About the "flaws"...

Shadowmourne comes from a long questline in ICC. It comes from long-term PvE - don't involve PvP, or Ratings, or anything at all around that, because this isn't the Arena-Tournament. This server aims to follow what WotLK used to be back in the day, not remove SM, not remove certain trinkets, not remove this and that additionally, not remove professions, not remove the Ashen Verdict rings, and definitely not have tweaks in some of its scripts, just to have a "100% balanced PvP server and PvP altogether" - if you'd rather go for that then just go there and the case will be solved. Won't it?

True that few of the classes can actually benefit from this weapon, but what about the one from Ulduar, hm?

Shadowmourne will become common, of course, if the number of people who play here keeps staying the same, and all the old players keep raiding ICC to earn their own Shadowmourne, and stay to play on this server. They simply progress.

Oh and the insulting - I, for one, didn't even aim to insult you with my last post. I was merely generalizing, and stating the obvious which is sad and a hopeless case. You're already making a mockery of yourself with all this in the first place anyway.

Shadowmourne is bugged in an underpowered way - people want it banned.

Solace is bugged in an underpowered way - people want it banned.

Things aren't even working correctly and people already want them removed.

Oh how easy it is to just wish for the removal of things when they simply prove to be a challenge to you, nothing more.

Liebe

#21 » Post by Liebe » 14 Oct 2013 14:48

Why do I have to enlighten you, I listed those who enjoy SM in my previous post. Everyone else would prefer to have it gone from PVP. They just accepted the situation, as did I - but that doesn't mean I won't point out how retarded it is.

I know where Shadowmourne comes from. I did the whole thing on HC in 2009.

No one is doing Ulduar.

There is nothing challenging about facing a Smourne warrior with a paladin abusing Sacred Cleansing.

It is you who is making a mockery of himself.

If you need more explanation I suggest you read my earlier posts, this time with an open mind, not with a mind of someone who benefits from SM.

And get a real nick, d0h.

Emcee

#22 » Post by Emcee » 14 Oct 2013 16:39

Funny you should mention that Liebe, and that you were laughing on Skype about it. I'm assuming that was you and Keez on Skype? Keez has terrible spots of setting portals--so terrible I can reach him and hamstring + bladestorm him right on top of his portal at the start of the match. He constantly portals at poor times, and you don't even fake cast. You guys also time your cds poorly, it's really easy to just LoS you guys momentarily till they're up then blow you up. I don't even play anymore, just logged on yesterday for the first time in a while to see what's up then saw Gun online and decided to do a couple of 2v2 matches.

As for this:
- They farmed ICC for it, not achieved high ratings in arena. The way SM is obtainable has nothing to do with PVP, yet it's usable in arenas and BGs.
I earned the tier 2 3v3 weapon before I even had SM, and earned a lot more even before the tier 2 weapon.

I enjoy how someone can focus reflect your cyclones, focus charge your casts, do whatever the heck, and yet nothing matters. All that matters is OMG SM DMG OP. Honestly, set a date, I'll take SM off, maybe even put on full Relentless. I'm sure I'll still win.

And as for the person you're replying to, I won't post his name out of respect (I assume he removed it for a reason), but he knows what he's talking about. I agree with his posts, you just can't see it all straight.
/golfclap
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Nyeriah

#23 » Post by Nyeriah » 14 Oct 2013 16:49

Shadowmourne is an item like any other and it won't ever, definitively, at any given time or by any given reason be removed or "banned" from PvP scenarios. Now you lot can go argue about something else. Like pretroil extraction on Artic :D

As for how easy it "was" to achieve, we have already taken actions about it.

Kungenddos

#24 » Post by Kungenddos » 14 Oct 2013 17:34

Liebe wrote:Crying about SM? Yesterday we met 3 different SM teams and were laughing on Skype about it. That said, literaly everyone agrees that removing it would be better for the game, the only reason to defend it is:
- You have SM
- You will have SM
- You play with someone who has SM
- You don't PVP
Just because you think like that doesnt make it true. I play as a mage or spriest mostly with various wizard comps and honestly it makes no difference to me if warrior has shadowmourne or just shadows edge (or any 264+ weapon). One item doesnt change the game, if it has such a big impact for you, then maybe you should try improving your playstyle.

Btw, i saw a question addressed to you in another thread that you didnt answer, what is your highest MMR on retail or arena tournament? Just so we know what kind of player we are dealing with.

Emcee

#25 » Post by Emcee » 14 Oct 2013 17:43

He doesn't fake cast and he hard casts into reflects. With my experience and judgement, he's roughly a 1700, maybe 1800 level player, definitely sub 2k. That's where he should be anyways, it's still possible he has reached higher rating before.
/golfclap
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

????

#26 » Post by ???? » 14 Oct 2013 17:58

Liebe wrote:Why do I have to enlighten you, I listed those who enjoy SM in my previous post. Everyone else would prefer to have it gone from PVP. They just accepted the situation, as did I - but that doesn't mean I won't point out how retarded it is.
I'm against your suggestion, or I'm just being a hipster right now, but either way, you can stop saying "everyone" now, and it's already obvious I'm not the only one too. Also what's really retarded is your wasted arrogant persistance while trying to fight anyone off here using your over-the-top ego. Slow down, MLG pro, before steam starts coming out of your ears.
Liebe wrote:I know where Shadowmourne comes from. I did the whole thing on HC in 2009.
Tell us more as we thoroughly search for a damn to give.
Liebe wrote:No one is doing Ulduar.
Not my problem. Like really, this is your excuse.
Liebe wrote:There is nothing challenging about facing a Smourne warrior
Liebe wrote:nothing challenging
Really.

Really now.

Really.
Liebe wrote:with a paladin abusing Sacred Cleansing.
Seriously.

Seriously now.

Seriously.

Not their fault, unlike you, who literally and intentionally abuses Cyclone.
Liebe wrote:It is you who is making a mockery of himself.
Nah I don't think the mirror trick will work here.
Liebe wrote:If you need more explanation I suggest you read my earlier posts, this time with an open mind, not with a mind of someone who benefits from SM.
I've read your posts in whatever ways I could think of already - problem is this all is simply hopeless.
Liebe wrote:And get a real nick, d0h.
Glad it pisses you off... nah not really, I'm actually indifferent, to be honest.
Emcee wrote:(I assume he removed it for a reason)
1 j|_|$t like b3i|\|g a my57eri0u$ |v|o7|-|erfu<ke|2.

Anyway we all got our answer from the staff so now we can go on and discuss the meaning of life and talk about the weather, because I want some damn rain over here already.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#27 » Post by Kindzadza » 14 Oct 2013 18:12

Not gonna happen. Ever.

Locking this.