"Blizzlike PVP"

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
Liebe

"Blizzlike PVP"

#1 » Post by Liebe » 06 Oct 2013 06:52

TrueWoW takes great pride in being an 1x "blizzlike" server, keeping any kind of modifications at minimum. The idea is to provide experience that's as close to how retail Wrath was like as possible, but is that really the case in PVP?

Loads of people have near full wrathful gear, heroic ICC items and Shadowmourne. That makes the damage extremely bursty and creates a difficult situation for new players.
On retail you'd be sometimes playing against extremely well geared players as well, but generally you'd run into all kinds of players. On TrueWoW you have to face insanely geared mouth breathers that can 2 shot by PRESSING EVERYTHING AT ONCE - not blizzlike.
Solution? Ban Shadowmourne and ICC/ToC trinkets from BGs and arenas.

Horde completely dominates Alliance in BGs. It seems that there's a group of geared Horde players that enjoy "owning" in BGs and spam them for no reason, Alliance doesn't really have that.
On retail win/loss ratio was generally around 50 50, simply because of a much larger player pool. On TrueWoW there are days when you have to play a ton of games to maybe squeeze a win and even then you have to PLAY THE GAME OF YOUR LIFE - not blizzlike.
Solution? Cross faction battlegrounds.

There is not a lot to do in general if you're not interested into PVE. You can play arena when your partner is on and others are actually queueing, but that's all. BGs aren't even fun, since Alliance is so horrible at them, and transfering to Horde doesn't really solve anything - when your opponent is graveyard farmed you can't have much fun with them, except if you're one of those players that enjoy "owning" and masturbate over damage done, because that totally matters and shows you're "gd". There is no Wintergrasp, there is no SotA, AB and EotS pop with 5 or less players all the time, which leads to even more nonsense, since those BGs weren't designed to be played 5v5. Well, you can duel and AFK in Dalaran at least.
None of listed is anywhere close to blizzlike, again.

I know nothing will change, you guys have your own thing going, which is fine. I'm qq-in, people earned their gear fairly and should be able to use it as they want, it's a part of the game, skill is more important than gear, cross faction BGs would mean becomeing a funserver and the idea is retarded, actually Alliance wins just as much as Horde, it just depends on the time of day so stop QQ and if you say your team always loses it's probably you, WG and SotA suck anyway, who needs them, if you don't like it - leave.

marko1984

Re: "Blizzlike PVP"

#2 » Post by marko1984 » 06 Oct 2013 07:02

^ this... even 6 months ago... but now especialy this ^^^^
Three mages!

Rehan

#3 » Post by Rehan » 06 Oct 2013 07:54

Go back to retail then, you think geared hordes or allies were born with the gear on them? No, they played BGs over and over until they had honor and AP to buy their gear, or they PVEd for emblems.
You are turning into a joke at fast rate Liebe, stop posting these pointless threads where you think it's unfair that someone farmed ICC for months on end to get Shadowmourne, you are refering to these items as if they are the easiest things to get.
BGs are not the only way to get PVP gear, farm dungeons for EOT and buy furious items, go into raids and farm EOF for relentless items and do your weekly VOAs.
And if you don't PVE because you don't like to that doesn't mean that BGs should be nerfed to your level so you can get your precious PVP gear.
The world doesn't revolve around you, now shut the fuck up already with these "remove shadowmourne from bgs" posts.

Folkk

#4 » Post by Folkk » 06 Oct 2013 08:41

Rehan wrote: you think it's unfair that someone farmed ICC for months on end to get Shadowmourne, you are refering to these items as if they are the easiest things to get.

I thought that so many have it because not "everyone farmed shards for months on end to get it"...wasn't there that bug that made more shards drop instead of one?...Anyway,it's funny to see 1-= players with shadowmourne in pvp :D
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Bluebell
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Bluebell » 06 Oct 2013 09:42

The solution to your problems would be to only be on the same patch as long as retail is. Logically it's impossible by your argument to be a Blizzlike WoTLK server because there will be a higher % of high end gear due to spending longer on the patch.

So essentially, you want us to be playing MoP.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Toxic Reaper

#6 » Post by Toxic Reaper » 06 Oct 2013 10:07

The only thing that is unblizzlike is the amount of people needed to start a bg/keep bg open ab/eots(3v3) and wsg(2v2) not sure about av(11v11 atm i think), so only thing that really need to be changed is number of people in bg to stay open/start
ToxicReaper- Tauren Druid:
- Restoration PvP and PvE
- Balance PvP

Ghainelor- Orc Deathknight:
- Blood Tank PvE
- Unholy PvP and PvE

Dokusei-Orc Shaman:
- Restoration PvE and PvP
- Elemental PvP and PvE

Infinitus- Undead Priest:
- Discipline PvP and PvE
- Shadow PvP

Bloodintent- Undead Rogue:
- Assassination PvP and PvE
- Subtlety PvP

Rythen- Undead Warlock:
- Affliction PvE and PvP
- Destruction PvE

Choine- Undead Mage:
- Frost PvP
- Fireball-TTW PvE

Paradigma- Buttelf Paladin:
- Protection PvE and PvP
- Holy PvP and PvE

xtopher

#7 » Post by xtopher » 07 Oct 2013 11:31

Well, I can understand your frustration, but it's really not as one-sided as you make it out to be. Also, these "insanely geared mouth breathers" that you antagonize aren't typically the egoistical brats with obnoxious attitudes that you seem to think they are. Anyway, my advice would be to just keep playing, work your way up the food chain.

We're all here just to enjoy a game before we die. If it annoys you too much, I'm sure there are plenty of other things you can do to distract yourself from the pain and suffering in the world.

PS. Stop alt-f4'ing in BGs, you're becoming worse than Nodo.

Vaen

#8 » Post by Vaen » 08 Oct 2013 15:13

Go back to retail then, you think geared hordes or allies were born with the gear on them? No, they played BGs over and over until they had honor and AP to buy their gear, or they PVEd for emblems.
You are turning into a joke at fast rate Liebe, stop posting these pointless threads where you think it's unfair that someone farmed ICC for months on end to get Shadowmourne, you are refering to these items as if they are the easiest things to get.
BGs are not the only way to get PVP gear, farm dungeons for EOT and buy furious items, go into raids and farm EOF for relentless items and do your weekly VOAs.
And if you don't PVE because you don't like to that doesn't mean that BGs should be nerfed to your level so you can get your precious PVP gear.
The world doesn't revolve around you, now shut the fuck up already with these "remove shadowmourne from bgs" posts.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Liebe

#9 » Post by Liebe » 09 Oct 2013 12:19

I can get my BG daily done and play arena without issues, stop talking about me and focus on the situation. Apart from that I already included all other replies in my OP, so nothing to respond to - I see where you're coming from, but apparently my perspective is too hard for some to grasp.

If you think people running around with SM in BGs and arenas is in any way fair or good for PVP you are either biased as hell (which I'd prefer to believe) or mentally challenged (which I suspect for some).

Rehan

#10 » Post by Rehan » 09 Oct 2013 12:37

You're hopeless, I urge everyone to stop replying to him.
Cheers.

Doctor_J
Developer

#11 » Post by Doctor_J » 09 Oct 2013 12:44

Well as for shadowmourne on Truewow this is a lot easier to get then it should be

1) Players can do both ICC 25n and ICC 25hc per week when you should have 1 id shared between normal and heroic modes and raid leader is meant to be able to switch difficulty on a per boss basis, because of this there is more primordial saronite in game, more t10 tokens, players get more eof so can gear and buy primordial saronite more quickly and if same raid group does both normal & hc then theres double quest items from rotface and festergut, and of course more shadowfrost shards (drop rate is higher for hc but still should only 1 boss kill per week
2) A lot of players completed these quests while Professor Putricide and Sindgragosa where bugged and a lot easier than should be and the infusion quests are meant to be hard to complete.
3) The damage modifier bug which some classes benefit from also makes these encounters easier than should be and also makes the Blood queen encounter easier than should be.

Basically if players do both 25n and 25hc each week they complete quest line twice as quick as they should and this is why there is so many players on truewow with shadowmourne when this is meant to be rarer.

Eisen
Donor

#12 » Post by Eisen » 09 Oct 2013 12:46

I would say that there is nothing "unfair" about it, they worked for the stuff, they deserve to use it. Sure you can say it's "unbalanced" but that is not entirely the same thing. If I were to enter a bg with full pve gear for the first time and get my ass handed to me by people who have been spending years there, I don't see any reason for me to complain since they deserve to have something to show for their efforts in that area. Likewise if they have been raiding forever and have amazing gear from there, who am I to complain? Now if they have both been pvping and pveing for ever and a day, you suddenly get a monstrosity that while it may seem irritating... they have put in the time and effort to build that character. Now someone shows up and after a month of playing on the server suddenly starts and uproar of "zomg pvp iz unfir here!" you should begin to see how people view your... 'opinions' here.

You have to take into consideration that while it is a "PvP realm" by designation, it is not a "PvP Server" Here you have PvE and PvP side-by side the same players doing both on the same characters and this will of course cause blurring in some areas (In this scenario, gear).

What you are asking for is to isolate the PvP and PvE aspects (read here, instant 80 and starting pvp gear realms), which some servers do, but the staff here have decided not to do that. Accept it, or move on.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

Smör

#13 » Post by Smör » 09 Oct 2013 13:31

Liebe wrote:If you think people running around with SM in BGs and arenas is in any way fair or good for PVP you are either biased as hell (which I'd prefer to believe) or mentally challenged (which I suspect for some).
If you really believe removing SM would suddenly make the game fair you are the challenged one here. Do you realise melees would do nearly the same damage with shadows edge or pvp weapon?

Btw, i saw you play as balance in pvp, not sure what you expect with that glasscannon spec. Boomkins are paper for any melee, shadowmourne or not.

Arraj

#14 » Post by Arraj » 10 Oct 2013 11:02

No, not going to happen :twisted:

Just another desperate alliance player... :P
Sheena of the Warsong Clan

Bored with 80lv content? Check out my level 19 character guide.
New to server and need some cash? Check this out and make some easy gold

Arockalypse
Donor

#15 » Post by Arockalypse » 10 Oct 2013 14:01

Arraj wrote:Just another desperate alliance player... :P
Rofl :mrgreen:
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁