mixed faction bgs

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
keez
Donor

mixed faction bgs

#1 » Post by keez » 17 Sep 2013 01:01

how about making bg's like on AT where both factions get randomly mixed into 2 teams? it should balance it out. currently bgs are so unbalanced, and PLEASE dont say they are balanced because that is not true.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

Re: mixed faction bgs

#2 » Post by Kindzadza » 17 Sep 2013 02:08

This is meant to be a BLIZZLIKE server so that will never happen here.

keez
Donor

#3 » Post by keez » 17 Sep 2013 02:24

Kindzadza wrote:This is meant to be a BLIZZLIKE server so that will never happen here.
well i dont see any other solution. i guess low geared ally players will stay low geared

Rehan

#4 » Post by Rehan » 17 Sep 2013 06:31

You do realize you don't have to PVP to get PVP gear right?
You can get furious items with Emblems of Triumph and relentless items with Emblems of Frost.
Allies need to stop making these stupid posts and grow a pair, PVPing isn't the only way to get PVP items.

Warmart

#5 » Post by Warmart » 17 Sep 2013 09:51

LOL! What about the PvP offset Gear?? it sucks for allys getting around 1k Honor for each BG they are playing.
And this is not a Stupid post Rehan. it's actually a good idea. This would make BGs alot more balanced.

Rehan

#6 » Post by Rehan » 17 Sep 2013 10:03

I do realize offset can only be gained with honor but what you obviously don't get is that when everyone gets their furious/relentless main sets it should be more balanced so once you get the main set you should win more often in order to get the offset faster, so get queuing in that RHC and stop whining. (you can also get offset eventually even if you keep losing)
If you are still too butthurt to understand then join battlegrounds around 10-11AM ST when there are well geared allies. Later in the day there are more good horde players queuing and less good alliance so obviously horde wins more often.
If your timezone screws you over so you can't queue early then read the start of my post again.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Kindzadza » 17 Sep 2013 10:36

I play BGs a lot and all I can say that is both faction win.. I am not sure at what time you guys are queueing, but for me it's balanced.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Myaoming » 17 Sep 2013 12:49

Don't forget about WG weeklies by the way. ~16k honor/toon/week.
Stimulating world PvP in WG area as well.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

keez
Donor

#9 » Post by keez » 17 Sep 2013 20:07

Kindzadza wrote:I play BGs a lot and all I can say that is both faction win.. I am not sure at what time you guys are queueing, but for me it's balanced.
yes alliance wins 1 per day
dont say its balanced cuz its bullshit

Doctor_J
Developer

#10 » Post by Doctor_J » 17 Sep 2013 20:12

keez wrote:
Kindzadza wrote:I play BGs a lot and all I can say that is both faction win.. I am not sure at what time you guys are queueing, but for me it's balanced.
yes alliance wins 1 per day
dont say its balanced cuz its bullshit
Actually alliance do win quiet a few bgs as kindz already said it is basically down to the time of day when you queue,

keez
Donor

#11 » Post by keez » 17 Sep 2013 20:30

instead of saying its ballanced think of a way to help alliance players like i am trying to think of one. i dont need bgs my chars are geared. im worried about low gear players who might drop pvp just cuz its unbalanced

Cyrius

#12 » Post by Cyrius » 17 Sep 2013 22:06

This is a straight dumb idea. NO offence. If ally's cant win a bg its not horde's fault. Its not like Horde has more players then Alliance in bg. If numbers arnt the problem then theres only 2 reasons left: Gear and Skill. Gear as mentioned before can be obtained by both pvp and pve. So its shouldnt be an issue. This leaves us with the last factor. Skill.
Its a well known fact allys on this server cant win without healers and arms warriors. So...a blizzlike solution to the problem? Either learn to fucking play other clases or play warriors all day long. Frankly, I dont care.
But let me tell you something. Players, who are as old to this server as me, know how well such modifications to the game went in order to favor the Alliance is bg. 2.5-3 years ago, Alliance were able to enter with 1 player extra in bg, while horde with 1 player less. This lead to an unseen before camping that lasted for days. You think winning 1 bg per day is unfair...you should have seen it then. How does 1 bg per week sound?
So say...we do make mixed bgs. I know exactly whats gona happen. TW will turn into the same BS server AT is now. 90% of all horde will reroll human or dranei, cuz the'll be no more point to play horde.
Bg's were made for a reason, as an alternative to world pvp. By mixing factions you are defeating the purpose.
So let this problem be solved by itself.
Also, Fun fact: there is a realm on blizzard that used to have 80% of its population as ally's. Just think of the balance there...

Sorry for the long post and the aggressive attitude.

Arockalypse
Donor

#13 » Post by Arockalypse » 18 Sep 2013 10:42

Ahhh Hell no, forget about trying to find unblizzlike solutions.
There are times when Allies dominate and other where Horde does.
The only issue is that there aint many allies that queue, few days ago it was 14 Hordes in queue and 0 Ally, it's only that from the crappy geared to the op geared, none actually queues but some allies rather transfer to horde side and troll world chat and try to get in bgs like some hunter called nitroboost calling horde noobs all day and telling us to join instead of staying alliance and getting a bg asap
If everyone does that, there will be less allies to queue then there is already.
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Kindzadza » 18 Sep 2013 12:56

Yea okay..

Philippe

#15 » Post by Philippe » 18 Sep 2013 17:53

I would definitely not advise having cross faction BGs. There are many reasons why this just won't work and most of them are already mentioned above. If would be a big NO from me if I'd had a vote about this.