death of pvp

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
MacHeat

Re: death of pvp

#16 » Post by MacHeat » 01 Aug 2013 18:11

Keez you gotta understand that they will never admit its bugged cuz then they will actually have to use both hands to play :)
typical warr action bar :
1 -macro- * /castsequence charge; bladestorm
2 mount
3 -macro- * /lol /spit /flex
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
Mac - Undead Warlock SPERMIK
MacHeat - Demolition Warlock ™, Blood Elf - Bloodcraft
MacHeat - Undead Warlock TW!]

MacHeat

#17 » Post by MacHeat » 01 Aug 2013 18:14

it would be so much better if TW came to BC instead of other way around, then GC could join np. you would love it there...warrs were using skill to pwn
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

keez
Donor

#18 » Post by keez » 01 Aug 2013 18:19

MacHeat wrote:Keez you gotta understand that they will never admit its bugged cuz then they will actually have to use both hands to play :)
2 mount
i love this macro
im gonna go level warrior and RANK 1 SOON

gullygodx

#19 » Post by gullygodx » 01 Aug 2013 18:35

LOPL double damage, come on man. You talk and cry here but dont provide any proof of damage being bugged. I played S8 on retail and smourne bladestorm seems pretty much the same, you should blame blizzard for shitty scaling at high end gear, warriors with ilvl 277-284 pve gear broke the game.

Btw comparing it to AT is pointless, no heroic gear and no proffs makes a big difference.

MacHeat

#20 » Post by MacHeat » 01 Aug 2013 18:37

i played a warrior for 2 years. i know how the warr works.

Doctor_J
Developer

#21 » Post by Doctor_J » 01 Aug 2013 18:39

keez wrote:we can write here all day but as i see nobody cares. There are more buggs here than we had on GC and we didnt have as big of staff as you guys do. But i guess you dont give a fuck about pvp

I would not say but but the issue is when it comes to fixing pve issues (scripting npcs, events, gos, quests) can be done easily and usually simply via db when it comes to fixing class issues as this involves changing core, trinity do fix some of these issues but as with tc updates fixing one thing can end up breaking something else which is why people do not really like to mess with core for this.

This is a viscous circle with tc updates one thing gets fix but that fix breaks something else then you have to wait for that bug to get fixed, you have to remember that trinitycore is really one big work in progress with a number of different people contributing code to the project, and you can expect things to get broken, fixed, broken again, fixed again due to nature of project ie one person fixing one issue in core may make more issues elsewhere.

Myaoming
Former Staff

#22 » Post by Myaoming » 01 Aug 2013 19:54

Bladestorm issues:
https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/582
https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/2909
https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/9304

2 Nerfs, 1 buff. Actually for the Disarm one, I noticed that the damage gets reduced, but still does quite a good amount of damage. I'm not really sure about that though.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Justicelight
Donor

#23 » Post by Justicelight » 01 Aug 2013 21:43

Slar, u missed the bug which gives bladestorm 1 aditional strike ( whirlwind dmg) and every whirlwind hit gets an aditional 300-500 dmg per whirlwind proc.

I can give an example:
Justicelight casts bladestorm.
Justicelight whirlwind hits Myaoming for 400 dmg.
Justicelight whirlwind hits Myaoming for 2500 dmg.
Justicelight gains bladestorm.
and bla bla the usual bladestorm procs
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

Emcee

#24 » Post by Emcee » 01 Aug 2013 21:56

Ok, the amount of idiocy in this thread is beyond me. Please, allow me.
Welcome to wotlk? :D

This bug really doesnt change anything, warrior will be slighly OP as long as there is icc heroic gear. If pvp is dead because of this, i think you should work on learning to counter warrs.
This. Something you people really can't grasp is this isn't a problem with "bugged damage" from Warriors. They were like this even on retail. You give them ArP/Crit gear from ICC 25 HC and witness the aftermath. They're UNDERPOWERED without SM, yet OVERPOWERED with it. It's not a server problem, but rather how Blizz designed it. Do you people realize there are only about 3-4 good Warriors with SM? That means if you're constantly getting raped by them, you're BAD. IT'S THAT SIMPLE. LEARN TO PLAY AND COUNTER THEM. If you're dying to Warriors who are Charge/BSing with SM, who the fuck cares? It's a BG, people! Since when did BGs equate to skill? You should be able to counter them in most duels, but mainly arenas. Honestly, I can't stress this enough, but if you're dying to the majority of these SM Warriors in arena, you're playing poorly because THERE ARE ONLY 3-4 good ones.
Psychic Horror, rogue disarm and hunter disarm don't stop Bladestorm afaik, only war disarm does

that's the thing right there which should be fixed

also, never ever release a content when it's not fully working, as a result u'll get terrible consequences that u can't revert ... (half-working ICC with shards dropping every time even w/o quest => tons of SMs)
NO disarms stop Bladestorm, not even Warrior ones. THAT is the current bug, not its damage. Also, you do realize shards can not be looted unless you have the final part of the SM quest line? Who the fuck cares if they drop or not, that's irrelevant. There is a way for the ML of the raid to abuse a bug and loot shards without having the quest, but that's the only bug and it's bannable. GMs do ban for it. If there's any honesty in any raid group where the ML is abusing it, chances are 1 out of the 25 people will report it.
You cant ban SM from arenas simply because this is blizzlike server,so everyone can get SM after some time if he wants,thats normal.
On the other hand its true that wars,palas,dks get unfair advantage in both pvp/pve when we talk about weapons available,since they may get ilevel 284 weapon when other classes cant(LK25hc wont be killed anytime soon),and everyone knows that weapon dmg is important.
True, and I agree with you, but it's not a problem of bugs as the thread suggested. It's Blizz's fault, and like you said, it's a Blizz-like server. Some people argue SM would be more fair if Ruby Sanctum was open, so that more people besides just Warriors, DKs, and Paladins can get higher GS items. Trust me guys, if RS was open, you would be shitting your pants when you see a Human Warrior with SM, Heroic DBW, and Heroic Sharpened Twilight Scale.
what emsy said ^
and i still stand by what i said before on other topics...
mele dmg on this server is stronger somehow compared to others i played on...
i dont say bugged but if i played 3 servers with 1 thing and here is different (bigger dmg)... do the math...
Mocni, you've always been saying this kind of shit, and while I do believe there are a variety of bugs, I disagree with most of the bullshit people say. They complain just because they lose. There may be bugged variables in resilience or damage, but it's not game-breaking at all. And of course melee damage is going to be higher when people have access to ICC 25 HC gear and SM. You guys really have to learn to counter classes and how to properly play.
+1 for this gentleman.

imho sm shoudl be removed from players and they should get last stage of quest but unable to finish it. untill lk 25hc will be killable.
Stupid. Refer to previous text.
buggshit storm, u just keep spinning? u do realize that you still cant cc a "spinning" warrior? you do realize that charge+bs can kill 1200 resil + soul link+glyph of soul link warlock? you do realize that bs takes AT MOST 40-50% hp on AT and thats only if warr is fully strenght gemed?
and you do realize that the only people defending sm are the ones having it...enough said.
pff skill on warrs...come to AT and challenge me...
True, you can't. At the moment, if you disarm a spinning Warrior during Bladestorm, their weapon gets disarmed, but they continue to spin (being immune to CC) and hit you with their fists, doing minor damage. A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO THIS, is honesty, and a single macro. Warriors simply have to use the following command in a macro: /cancelaura bladestorm

THAT'S IT. Whenever a Warrior clearly sees he's been disarmed, or tracks disarm cooldowns by Gladius or another addon, he activates the macro, and continues to play fairly. Only problem is, honesty is rare in games, especially ones as competitive as WoW and its PvP. Personally, I always cancel my BS on disarms. The only ones I have trouble disarming on are those from Hunter's spider pets because the disarm does not have a specific sound file, so you can't hear it during BS. Mac, I'm sure if I challenged you on AT, things would be the same. :P And I'm not defending it just because I have it, but everything I've said is true. You only need 1 port to avoid a BS. Getting caught in one with port on cooldown is your own fault man.
are you fucking serious? only bugged thing is disarm? test the damage of bladestorm. TEST IT does double than it should
Example of a typical idiot spouting bullshit. How about you test it? Double damage? Rofl. I've heard shit like people saying "Bladestorm with Sweeping Strikes is bugged and does double damage/swings" too, but it's not. That bug used to exist a long time ago, and it has since been fixed. BS usually just does a shit ton more damage on Taunka procs from DBW, which makes sense.
we can write here all day but as i see nobody cares. There are more buggs here than we had on GC and we didnt have as big of staff as you guys do. But i guess you dont give a fuck about pvp
Probably, there are more bugs here than there were on Bloodcraft too. They are not, however, game breaking and you should learn to counter them and play accordingly. I'll say it right now, Truewow's staff won't get the bugs fixed. If they do, it won't be for a long ass time. I'm not blaming them, I don't know how to fix shit myself or do any of that. But do you? Can you go ahead and just fix it?
Keez you gotta understand that they will never admit its bugged cuz then they will actually have to use both hands to play :)
2 mount
You're a Warlock. More specifically, you're Destruction. Warriors will always focus you, especially in BGs. Charge Bladestorming Warlocks, as annoying as it is for the Warlock, is a legit move. If they don't have a portal up, why not? Become immune to stun, coil, slow, I don't see why not. Even if they do have one up, you can still force them to use their portal, then cancel BS and charge them and continue.
it would be so much better if TW came to BC instead of other way around, then GC could join np. you would love it there...warrs were using skill to pwn
Maybe it would have been better, yeah. There would probably be less bugs, but who knows. Either way, BC wasn't much different in terms of Warriors and skill. There were maybe only 2-3 good Warriors. The rest weren't pwning with skill at all.
i love this macro
im gonna go level warrior and RANK 1 SOON
Try it. I'll be there to farm you and show you how it's actually played.
LOPL double damage, come on man. You talk and cry here but dont provide any proof of damage being bugged. I played S8 on retail and smourne bladestorm seems pretty much the same, you should blame blizzard for shitty scaling at high end gear, warriors with ilvl 277-284 pve gear broke the game.

Btw comparing it to AT is pointless, no heroic gear and no proffs makes a big difference.
Again, great point.
Bladestorm issues:
https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/582
https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/2909
https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore/issues/9304

2 Nerfs, 1 buff. Actually for the Disarm one, I noticed that the damage gets reduced, but still does quite a good amount of damage. I'm not really sure about that though.
THIS. You people realize there is actually more wrong with BS that negatively affects Warriors than positively? The ONLY positive bug for them is that it's not disarmable, which like I said any honest and skilled Warrior will /cancelaura bladestorm on disarms. In fact, out of the 3-4 good Warriors on this server, ALL of them use that macro from what I've seen.

I like how the thread creator completely neglects the actual bugs and problems that need fixing. Did you forget about bugged Spell Lock? Did you forget about bugged pathing, where fears and coils send you to Africa? Did you forget about pathing bugs like charging and falling through textures? Not being able to rejoin arena after? Those are actual bugs, but you have to play past them. I usually know which spots not to charge on and avoid them. I understand bugs can annoy and upset people, they do to me too. But at the end of the day, you have to get over it, and learn to play. They're nothing that should completely ruin PvP. More than half the people that complain are just bad, it's that simple.

Have a nice day.
/golfclap
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

marko1984

#25 » Post by marko1984 » 01 Aug 2013 23:48

i dont think anyone is gona read half of that moo xD
+ i still say its not normal to hit mele swing 5400 on full wrath mage... (0 buffs on that warrior rele gear and shadows edge)
oh and btw... get some deadly gear and test dmg with deadly then with wrathful...
its almost the same dmg... i belive even pvp gear is bugged to some extent -.-
but ofc thats just me...
but on BC nothing hit this hard even with SE...
NOTHING
Three mages!

????

#26 » Post by ???? » 02 Aug 2013 00:46

You don't think anyone's gonna read half his post because you're just being a selfish hypocritical [...] and think the world revolves around you - you base your "bugs" and all that crap on your pure rage because you're either too stupid or can't play the game well enough and you get your ass facerolled easily, and because of envy seeing people with SM and WF shoulders; I read his whole post and I couldn't agree any more on everything he said - if you don't, you're a blind fool.

About the "5400 swing on full wrath mage", the Mage could have his absorption shield down, opening him to damage (forgot its name), that Warrior can be Poleaxe-specced - 5% more crit DMG, and he might have some PvE items in his gear set, not to mention most of a Warrior's DMG depends on the WEAPON ITSELF, also Arms has Impale, Blood Frenzy, their own Enrage, so they're meant to do a lot of damage, and let's not forget we're talking about a CLOTH ITEM WEARING CLASS - MAGE; YOU HAVE _LOW_ ARMOR, AND ARCANE IS SQUISHY AS FUCK SPECIFICALLY SPEAKING. If you've got an Arms Warrior's debuffs on you, he's bursting, about to land a bigass crit on you, and your shield is down, you know you're screwed and that's that.

And about "pvp gear is bugged to some extent", the difference between every better PvP item than the other one is just a minor stat increase and some more Resil, so the effects are minor as well - don't expect THAT much.

Let's talk about your little Arcane Missles, shall we? Or should I say Bugcane Missles better?

Channeled spells' crits ignore Crit Resil completely and that is an undeniable fact on this server - Mind Flay, Arcane Missles, etc., all those which have the ability to crit.

Your Arcane Missles - you do realize I take up to 16 K - 20 K DMG if every Arcane Missle crits on me, right? Or are you just gonna deny that and blindly keep on dissing Warriors and Shadowmourne and say this is bugged and that is bugged when you have no solid proof whatsoever? What's it gonna be?

Your Poly can cause people to go through textures, then bye-bye as you watch them fall to their death.

Our Charge/Intervene/Intercept can cause more texture failures as we try to get up to you and we should be able to, but nope - down we fall again.

Besides, you're a fucking Arcane Mage if I'm correct - you don't even Disarm so what's your QQ all about? And also, even when a Warrior gets Disarmed they do like 200 DMG per hit - switching to a shield and using Shield Slam would do more, especially with Shield Block (correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I remember Shield Block's contribution to Shield Slam in terms of Block Value still doesn't work 100% here, causing S Slam to deal not the intended damage with S Block up when used), and even just a single Thunder Clap would do more damage, not to mention by keeping on spinning, you just open yourself to attacks with what - your fists? Instead of going defensive after a Disarm? Seriously now - the only benefit for us is the CC immunity but what does it matter? If we get to you through BS abuse you can still Blink, Disengage, Deterrence, Demon Port, Sacrifice, Shield Block + Revenge spam, even Shield Wall, Evasion, Disperse, HoP, bubble, et cetera, so what the fuck is the problem then?

So anyway, how about you either stop bullshitting around with statements you just blindly throw around and believe them so hard you think they just can't be wrong at all, OR, you start putting in some solid proof and act rationally - put your rage, envy and whatnot aside, not act like some kid who just lost in Tetris the first five seconds, for crying out loud.

Sheesh... I think "death of braincells" would be a more fitting name for this topic, because this is just starting to get ridiculous.
Last edited by ???? on 02 Aug 2013 01:47, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Keep it insultless

emsy
Former Staff

#27 » Post by emsy » 02 Aug 2013 01:16

Okay, instead of calling eachother names, let's post some facts here.

Bladestorm should deal damage each second for 6 seconds. If my math teacher didn't lie to me, that's 6 atatcks.

let's see Image

I see 7 attacks (one additional attack is applied BEFORE the bladestorm combat log call) removing this 1 atatck reduces BS damage by 1/7

Additionally, i have no idea what's that 260/286 damage there, but afaik it shouldn't be there. This makes around 15% of the damage.

Removing these 2 effects reduces the overall damage of bladestorm to 72% of current's

If anyone can point me out to the damage formula for BS, pelase post it here. Tested on warrior with Furi Glad sword (670-1005 dmg) with 3759ap (making it to 1734-2090dmg)

????

#28 » Post by ???? » 02 Aug 2013 01:22

When you use Bladestorm you INSTANTLY Whirlwind once, and then every next second you'll Whirlwind for six seconds - that's seven Whirlwinds in total, one being instant when you start Bladestorming; that's how it works. The TOOLIP ITSELF says: "Instantly Whirlwind up to 4 nearby targets and for the next 6 sec you will perform a Whirlwind attack every 1 sec" and so on - so you see, you instantly do it once right after you use it, and then you do six more over time.

That low damage you pointed out is exactly the only damage damage you will do after you get Disarmed/Dismantled as you keep on spinning - you hit with your off-hand, which is your fist; apply Resilience and high Armor and the damage becomes even more miniscule, which leads back to what I said in my previous post - just using Thunder Clap or Shield Slam would do more damage, not to mention it'd be instant and not seven attacks for barely about 200 damage each on a real geared player.

marko1984

#29 » Post by marko1984 » 02 Aug 2013 01:31

Kajirai... all i read was a bunch of insults... u wanna make a point talk normally...
about mele hit 5400... it was a first hit in a duel... no procs no nothing...
i dont deny any bugs.. missles are bugged as hell... but u cant even begin to compare a normal duel between same geared mage (arcane in this case) and a warrior that can charge and BS me for 30-35k dmg...
idc what the bug is... idc how it got bugged.. i'm stating its bugged and unfair to all not just myself...

oh and let me ask a GM nicely to mute Kajirai for personaly insulting me....
words like asshole, fucktard and stuff like that are muteable i think... ty in advance
Three mages!

????

#30 » Post by ???? » 02 Aug 2013 01:39

All you read was a bunch of insults just because you only bothered to read those words and nothing else. If YOU wanna make a point then don't talk blindly and at least attempt to use proof and theories just like Emsy did.

About the melee hit - solid proof or it's nothing; it could've been yellow DMG, meaning it could've been from an ability, such as a Mortal Strike crit (being the most powerful ability if the Warrior's weapon is very good), plus like I said, you're a Mage - you're squishy, not to mention Arcane, which makes you even more squishy, so don't expect to get like 3 K DMG or something like that.

BS-ing you for 30-35 K DMG? Now you're just overdoing it - that's all I can say to that. How about you call me for a test duel against you - you put up your absorption shield, or you could even leave that aside just to test it to the max without any buffs whatsoever, then you stand still like that and let me Charge-Bladestorm you; see if I can really overkill you in a single Bladestorm so hard it would do DMG up to 9 K over your own HP, eh?

By the way I'm indifferent if I get muted, because it's people like you that piss me off, so go ahead if you want - I'll accept the mute; won't change the fact you're just making me sick.

Oh, also - when did I even say "fucktard" to you...? I didn't use any overly-offensive words, not to mention insulting IS muteable BUT if it's really excess and/or done repeatedly (correct me if I'm wrong here).
Last edited by Guest on 02 Aug 2013 01:55, edited 4 times in total.