GC pvp tittles

Discuss Player versus Player mechanics and tactics with both stout friends and vanquished foes from the battlefield.
davkol

GC pvp tittles

#1 » Post by davkol » 11 Jul 2013 21:43

this topic may sound a bit hostile to some ppl but i will state my opinion and u guys decide if i'm right or not...

since GC server merged with TW i've seen a lot of players from there with all pvp tittles and a lot of them with all those tittles...not just one (Duelist, Challenger, Rival and even Gladiator)
now i have nothing against those ppl but i also found out most of them dont even have basic arena achievments for example i have seen a gladiator without 2000 arena rating in any bracket...
i dunno how that worked on GC and frankly idc... but it seems unfair that some ppl have to work for those tittles and others have them for free...

also gladiator tittle gives 310% mount which makes it even worst...

so my question should be childish... give me arena tittle and a mount? pleasssssseeeeeeeee...

nah i'm joking... i was just wondering can something be done on this topic?

gullygodx

Re: GC pvp tittles

#2 » Post by gullygodx » 11 Jul 2013 22:48

I think they will lose titles when arena season ends (winter?), thats how it worked with last merges, only some r1 titles remained.
all pvp tittles and a lot of them with all those tittles...not just one (Duelist, Challenger, Rival and even Gladiator)
Thats how it should work, if you get rival then you also get challenger etc.
also gladiator tittle gives 310% mount which makes it even worst...
A mount that you can buy from voteshop here, its kinda sad to see people with glad mounts and they dont have [step into arena]. :D But who cares its just a mount.

Nyeriah

#3 » Post by Nyeriah » 11 Jul 2013 23:19

These were our rules when handling out rewards. We did only reward 2v2 teams when our S8 ended. Reason why you have seen that many Duelists, Challengers so on and so forth around is probably because GC used to be around since tbc or so, going through every season since then.

http://www.gamingconsortium.org/server/pvp.php arena season log, might have some useful info there about teams etc

marko1984

#4 » Post by marko1984 » 12 Jul 2013 00:18

umm mount u can buy for 2k points takes a lot of voting lol
and still if this is true how can u be a gladiator with less then 2k rating in any bracket? i dont think thats posible
Three mages!

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 12 Jul 2013 00:20

marko1984 wrote: and still if this is true how can u be a gladiator with less then 2k rating in any bracket? i dont think thats posible
Simple, arena teams were deleted with merge. You can check the link I gave on earlier post which teams were elegible for titles.
Some more information about the characters. All dead characters will be revived at login. Arena teams will be deleted and Matchmaking Rating gets reset.
http://www.truewow.org/?p=server&sub=gc

Same terms as previous merges

marko1984

#6 » Post by marko1984 » 12 Jul 2013 01:10

so their arena rating achievs got deleted? :s
that seems unfair lol
Three mages!

Boxis
Donor

#7 » Post by Boxis » 12 Jul 2013 13:50

just to remind GC guys,there are no rewards from 2v2 on TW at all.

Cobra

#8 » Post by Cobra » 12 Jul 2013 14:11

i lol at the titles from GC. personaly i have nothing against the players with the titles. but the fact is that they do not deserve it. if you wear a effin gladiator tittle u cant loose to a 4k gs warlock. i dont care whats ur excuse...ur a gladiator. and ive won vs every gc titled guy ive dueled.
-Cob-

Justicelight
Donor

#9 » Post by Justicelight » 13 Jul 2013 18:16

Cob pls :D:D
"I write about the power of trying, because I want to be okay with failing. I write about generosity because I battle selfishness. I write about joy because I know sorrow. I write about faith because I almost lost mine, and I know what it is to be broken and in need of redemption. I write about gratitude because I am thankful - for all of it."

EveryoneSlap

#10 » Post by EveryoneSlap » 16 Jul 2013 02:03

Just to know ,we had 8 seasons on GC And you had one . Also arena achievements wasnt even working few seasons ,but you can check rtg on GC site .

marko1984

#11 » Post by marko1984 » 16 Jul 2013 15:38

Let me ask the question.... how can u be a gladiator without 2k rating?
just answer this and dont go all explaining ur 8 seasons... -.-
Three mages!

Boxis
Donor

#12 » Post by Boxis » 16 Jul 2013 17:27

EveryoneSlap wrote:Just to know ,we had 8 seasons on GC And you had one .
TW had around 4-5 seasons same Spermik so idk from where you have this.

nere

#13 » Post by nere » 17 Jul 2013 11:30

we closed our s8 before merge so arena teams got deleted from players.
http://www.gamingconsortium.org/server/pvp.php
if you guys have mouses with scroll button, use it. 8 seasons. click on 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 of the season u like and search manually(mouse over the class icon) for a player that u think doesn't deserve title. and explain me this-why do u care what they have in their title? if u are better go prove it ingame. i'm sure GC players will do the same. and in a month or 2 we will see who deserved what. see u ingame!

ps-we could easily go and make section about all ppl that have shadowmourne on TW... but why would we?

WTFNESHA
Former Staff

#14 » Post by WTFNESHA » 17 Jul 2013 11:43

GC used to follow raid and content progression, releasing new raids and starting new seasons each time. That's where 8 pvp seasons come from.

On the titles, we followed this rule:
[hide="Rules"]1 Gladiator* Top 0.5%
2 Duelist 0.5% - 3.0%
3 Rival 3% - 10%
4 Challenger 10% - 35%
Gladiator title also grants a custom mount, according to the current season...[/hide]
Source

It doesn't say you must have 2k rating to obtain certain title.

Some people you've seen with glad title and w/o an achievement played on server when it had least players active so only few teams counted into rewards and they might had lower rating.

You can check each season info here: Link

We've never skipped season rewards.

They were properly obtained, I can guarantee that, population difference makes it odd.

An outgoing season on TW will prove if they're worthy their title or not, so after season ends you may once again bring this topic up.

Cheers,
ex GC Staff member
current TW Staff member,
Nesha

gullygodx

#15 » Post by gullygodx » 17 Jul 2013 13:19

Some people you've seen with glad title and w/o an achievement played on server when it had least players active so only few teams counted into rewards and they might had lower rating.
I think this is the issue. On TW there has to be 200 active teams for top 0.5% to exist, so rating doesnt really matter if there is not enough teams, you can be rank1 in 3's with 2k+ rating and only get challenger.