Final Fantasy-esque UI problem

Work with other players to create your own special custom interfaces and macros.
Etro
Honorary Member

Final Fantasy-esque UI problem

#1 » Post by Etro » 10 Jul 2013 23:44

inb4 "TL;DR": [goto="#esdr"]Cut to the chase.[/goto]

I've been playing with different UI styles lately searching for a configuration that is practical, informative, reachable and yet clean in which i can play comfortably.

I'm a Final Fantasy fan, so i had the idea to try to set a UI reminiscent of its style. I decided to base it on the UI of FFXII and the upcomming FFXIV:ARR. Because of the different nature of both games it is impossible to clone the style of 2 FFs into a WoW UI without loosing the practicality of the latest one, but i think i've made it close enough.

Anyway. I've encountered myself with a problem that deffies my clean UI objective; my target's buffs:
As you can see in the image above, my target's buffs (under target info) are floating without any background reference. The thing is that a target can have so many buffs and debbufs that i can't just place them all in one line inside the target's info, which is want i'd like to do.

I want an addon that can do this or something very similar:[bookmark]esdr[/bookmark]
An addon that lets me configure its columns, that starts to fade out if it doesn't have enough space to display all the buffs and that those buffs that didn't make it to be displayed in some sort of tooltip when mouseover.

Does anyone know any addon like that?

Also, i'm interested in an addon that can add glow and change the colour of pre-existing text.
"With life, no matter what you do, you are all in. This is going to kill you. Might as well play the most magnificent game you can while you're waiting, because... Do you have anything better to do? Really?"

chickenbutt
Donor

Re: Final Fantasy-esque UI problem

#2 » Post by chickenbutt » 22 May 2015 12:08

Perhaps http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/move-anything ? It's not exactly what you described but it might help.. I'm not sure, I've never delved into a UI like that before
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Atradese

Re: Final Fantasy-esque UI problem

#3 » Post by Atradese » 08 Sep 2015 20:37

Have you tried Satrina Buff Frames?