Export recipe list?

Work with other players to create your own special custom interfaces and macros.
candre23
Donor

Export recipe list?

#1 » Post by candre23 » 01 Mar 2021 15:27

Our guild finally has crafters at or near max and we're starting to farm high end recipes/patterns/etc. Is there an addon that will export your crafting list so that guildies can peruse it offline and figure out what mats they need to find? I was hoping the armory would have this info, but it doesn't seem to as far as I can find.

Longi

Re: Export recipe list?

#2 » Post by Longi » 02 Mar 2021 00:45

mby Ackis Recipe List, but im not sure if it has export option, It´s few years ago I used it last time

Dymond
Senior Game Master

#3 » Post by Dymond » 02 Mar 2021 12:44

I do not think there is any options for offline access.
"Grief is the price we pay for love."

candre23
Donor

#4 » Post by candre23 » 02 Mar 2021 14:55

I found an addon called Profession Vault that allows you to store recipe lists that other people have linked to you in game, but I can't find a version that works pre-cata.

Any other suggestions to solve this issue? How do the bigger guilds handle it? Do you just have to ask people to link their profs in gchat all the time?

venzel

#5 » Post by venzel » 02 Mar 2021 18:06

My wife and I use Altoholic to sync each other's professions (and much more, but you can set it to only get data about professions) and Ackis Recipe list to see which recipes we're missing and where to get them.

It goes like this: we both open up Altoholic, I send her a sync request, she gets a popup that asks her if she wants to share her data, she says yes and the thing downloads it. You can also whitelist character names and pick and choose which data they get when you receive a syncing request. I can then look at her professions (and her alts') as if she's linked them even if she's not online, link them in chat, and scan them with Ackis Recipe list.

The only drawback to this is the fact that you only have a snapshot of the other person's data from the time you last synced, so if you want the most recent data, you need to sync when the person gets online again. We got around that by whitelisting each other so we don't get annoying popups every time one of us wants to sync.

The data collected by Altoholic is kept in your WTF folder in a .lua file, so you can look at it offline, but it's not exactly human readable; you'd need some kind of program that can translate item ids to their names.

candre23
Donor

#6 » Post by candre23 » 02 Mar 2021 22:48

venzel wrote:
02 Mar 2021 18:06
We got around that by whitelisting each other so we don't get annoying popups every time one of us wants to sync.
Interesting. Once someone is whitelisted, does it sync automatically every time they log in, or do you need to manually request the sync?

I tried acki's recipe list, but while it does generate CSV data that can be copypasted out of the game, it lacks any real details about the items, so useless for browsing.

venzel

#7 » Post by venzel » 03 Mar 2021 06:31

We didn't test it, but I'm pretty sure you have to do it manually. However, the addon tells you if there's been a change since the last sync on the "data sync" screen.