Prat 3.0 (Tested)

Work with other players to create your own special custom interfaces and macros.
beagon

Prat 3.0 (Tested)

#1 » Post by beagon » 04 Jul 2018 05:13

Hello everyone,

As I was looking for addons to install I had a lot of issues finding the right version of Prat 3.0 to install, so thought I'd share it here.

Addon info:
Prat is a chat addon framework, and collection. It consists of 30+ modules which each add some functionality to the WoW chat interface. There is literally a module for just about everything chat related. While large in size, i have been working to keep the runtime memory usage down, and eliminate the costs of the unused modules without littering the addon directory with a slew of folders.

For the options menu, type "/prat", or if you have a broker host mod installed you will get a launcher icon.

You control the load behavior of modules via the module control screen. You have 3 choices "Don't load", "Disabled", and "Enabled"

Prat has just about every feature you can think of, and then some. Really.

Some of the features, but not all are:
  • Change arrows, buttons, mouse scroll for chat scroll, scroll speed
  • You can add color per channel, color per lvl, color per class
  • Timestamps
  • Timestamp color
  • Whether to show timestamp (what format the timestamp should be in)
  • Whether to show players lvl
  • You can select the option for channel "stickys" (last channel you used you auto use when hitting enter, that sort of thing – or last thing someone said)
  • Change the looks of the chat's editbox - as well as where it appears (you can even undock it and move it to where you'd like it to be)
  • Chat fading, fading delay
  • You can change the font to a list of fonts, add an outline to it, monochrome it (if you don’t mind messing with files a bit you could prolly even add other fonts to that list)
  • Change the chat frame/chat box appearance
  • Set Chat history
  • Set channel abbreviations
  • Set brackets and colour (or something instead of brackets) around player and level
  • Alt invite option (press keyboard “alt” button and click on the player’s name to auto inv them)
  • Raid icon
  • Invite links
  • Info keeping
  • URL copying
  • Full chat copying + options (html,bbcode, plain, forum) + copy button
  • Allows pop-up messages
  • Enables tell target /tt
  • Alias options
  • Alternative names options
  • You can enable/disable all prat modules - dont have to have the ones you dont use running
  • Change chat sounds (incoming and outgoing as well as per channel
  • Achievement info, and clickable links to say "grats"
For those interested:
There is an additional folder Prat-3.0_HighCPUUsageModules.
Note: These features use CPU, so they have been placed in a special folder so that is 100% clear.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More about the addon here: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... at3.0.html

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!kcllUCqS!T0DN4NVT3I2t ... h2WW8rVHTY

Greetings,

Beagon

Dunkelstein

Re: Prat 3.0 (Tested)

#2 » Post by Dunkelstein » 04 Jul 2018 08:06

Simpler solution is to use addon sites that let you filter and sort by game patch.
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/p ... :98&page=4
Stay away from 'nolib' versions of addons unless you know what you are doing.

Hopefully you won't have to rely on sketchy links and messy addon sites again
Aka Funkelstein

IronSharona
Former Staff

Re: Prat 3.0 (Tested)

#3 » Post by IronSharona » 04 Jul 2018 15:51

I was chatting with someone attempting ironman yesterday who said this exact addon was the only one giving them trouble on Linux. Is this the fix for that issue?

If this is confirmed as the one that works for our 3.3.5a patch I can add it to the download page if it is not already present/correct :)
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)