TrinketMenu?

Work with other players to create your own special custom interfaces and macros.
timeconsumer

TrinketMenu?

#1 » Post by timeconsumer » 07 Sep 2016 18:23

In vanilla I used the Trinketmenu addon to make managing my trinket swaps mid fight much easier as a hunter. Now the prospect of having to manage lots of trinkets without it seems daunting. Is there a similar addon (or a version of trinketmenu that would work for the Primal client) that can help me achieve this?
Preaux - PrimalWoW

Hansrutger
Former Staff

Re: TrinketMenu?

#2 » Post by Hansrutger » 07 Sep 2016 18:39

Perhaps placing trinkets in one whole actionbar helps? Additionally getting bartender to "add" that one extra bar for the trinkets if needed.

Otherwise no sorry I don't really know any specific addons for what you are describing. Maybe someone else knows.
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Ancestor

#3 » Post by Ancestor » 07 Sep 2016 19:01

Mid fight can change trinks?

timeconsumer

#4 » Post by timeconsumer » 07 Sep 2016 19:11

Yes, hunters can feign death and swap trinkets. I liked trinketmenu because it showed me all my trinkets (in bags and equipped) and displayed their individual cooldowns. I could queue up which ones I wanted to swap in, and as soon as I exited combat (FD) it would instantly swap them in. Meaning if timed and executed properly I would delay an autoshot by less than half a second. If I have to FD and then click in the trinkets manually from a bar it adds more delay on my rotation.
Preaux - PrimalWoW

Nephyx
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Nephyx » 07 Sep 2016 19:20

Trinkets should have 30s icd after equipping them now, and your current trinket buff should disappear after you remove the trinket, so I am not sure, if this "tactic" is still viable.
Right Conquers Might

MerelyASetback
Donor

#6 » Post by MerelyASetback » 07 Sep 2016 19:36

Try this version. You might have to enable out of date addons though. But it works.
Nephyx wrote:Trinkets should have 30s icd after equipping them now, and your current trinket buff should disappear after you remove the trinket, so I am not sure, if this "tactic" is still viable.
Vanilla has several trinkets that have on use effects that outweigh just passive buffs, even with 30 sec equip cooldown. Prime example is Earthstrike.

timeconsumer

#7 » Post by timeconsumer » 08 Sep 2016 14:06

Yeah it always had the 30 sec ICD after equip, but after the first rotation that actually wasn't a problem. Basically I would start a fight with Badge of the Swarmguard and Jom Gabbar. Pop them both at the beginning and when they are done feign and swap to Kiss of the Spider and Earthstrike. After the 30 second ICD pop both of those, when they're done feign and swap into passive trinkets like Blackhand's Breadth and Royal Seal. 1:30 after I had originally popped Jom Gabbar I swap it back in, this way the 30 sec ICD overlaps the remaining 30 second cooldown on the trinket anyway. 1 minute after that I feign again and swap out Jom Gabbar for Badge of the Swarmguard and the rotation continues from there.
Preaux - PrimalWoW

Eronox
MVP

#8 » Post by Eronox » 08 Sep 2016 17:08

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

timeconsumer

#9 » Post by timeconsumer » 08 Sep 2016 18:35

Awesome, I'll check it out when I get home tonight.
Preaux - PrimalWoW