Hide WoW frames

Work with other players to create your own special custom interfaces and macros.
diawowwrath

Hide WoW frames

#1 » Post by diawowwrath » 08 Apr 2016 10:24

Hi, I'm new here. I have Grid pretty well set up for frames now, but how do i get rid of the standard UI frames? Pretty sure this was just a setting in vanilla and in current retail, but not in an expanson in between?

I'm scrounging around and see reference to AddOns that used to exist to do this for us, but cannot find versions anywhere. I also read you could create macros for this, which sounds problematic.

I don't see any mention of it in the forums here, but surely everyone isn't using frames overtop the standard UI. What do I do?

HALP.

Fastor

Re: Hide WoW frames

#2 » Post by Fastor » 08 Apr 2016 10:40

For raid frames there is an option in Interface settings, but for party you will need to make macro or addon(its not hard).
/script PlayerFrame:Hide()
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Removing_ ... ult_frames

Jiranthos
Admin

#3 » Post by Jiranthos » 08 Apr 2016 10:42

AFAIK, there are no default raid UI frames. When I first started using GRID, then I noticed that the party frames are still visible though. Party frames can be disabled in Interface settings, I'm pretty sure. Or either in the add-on settings itself (GRID settings). I don't recall having to do any super special to disable the party frames.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Fastor

#4 » Post by Fastor » 08 Apr 2016 12:05

There are default raid UI frames but a)most not know about them b)most dont think of them as raid frames c)most dont like them or find useful. To have default raid UI frames, while in raid group, open raid window and select and drag whole group. You can set them as you wish and select do you want to see buff or debuff, and if you want to see its target.

diawowwrath

#5 » Post by diawowwrath » 08 Apr 2016 13:00

Fastor wrote:For raid frames there is an option in Interface settings, but for party you will need to make macro or addon(its not hard).
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Removing_ ... ult_frames
Yes I did see this page and read it. It says the frames will get pulled back up by events. It also gives a separate script for the party. I'm not a macro writing kinda dude, so what would the complete macro look like that hides myself and all party member and cannot be repopulated by an event? Or, is there an addon that does all this for us?

Fastor

#6 » Post by Fastor » 08 Apr 2016 13:53

Well events where it would return would be like you reload or relog in raid or if you leave any group and enter again. While you can make macro that will combine that and your land mount:

Code: Select all

/script HidePartyFrame()
/use ENTER NAME OF YOUR MOUNT
However, we have one gud guy who already made macro for this server that removes stance/palaaura bar so it does not take space. lm sure that could be reworked into this thing.

Fastor

#7 » Post by Fastor » 08 Apr 2016 14:03

So l made addon and after l started uploading l realized, there is addon that already does that :cry:

Move Anything MoveAnything enables you to move, scale, hide and adjust transparency of just about any screen element in WoW, offering tools to help you customize your UI. Download http://www.truewow.org/downloads/addons ... ything.zip

diawowwrath

#8 » Post by diawowwrath » 08 Apr 2016 21:00

Oh ok great. I'll try these things, thanks so much. I wish there was a wrath version of Luna Frames. Would be so much easier and better than all this : P

diawowwrath

#10 » Post by diawowwrath » 10 Apr 2016 08:37

this worked mostly great

/script HidePartyFrame()
/use ENTER NAME OF YOUR MOUNT

except the standard UI is being repopulated in dungeon lke every couple seconds by events. guess it needs some of this business here

PlayerFrame:SetScript("OnEvent", nil);
PlayerFrame:Hide();

So is this the way t's supposed to look?

/script HidePartyFrame()
/script PlayerFrame:SetScript("OnEvent", nil);
PlayerFrame:Hide();
/script PartyFrame:SetScript("OnEvent", nil);
PartyFrame:Hide();

diawowwrath

#11 » Post by diawowwrath » 11 Apr 2016 14:00

Forget the macros, just use MoveAnything AddOn as mentioned above. Download it, Install it. While in game press Esc button to pull up your options menu. The MoveAnything App is at the bottom of the options menu. Open that. click the +Party button. Click the hide box on all party members and close it. yer done.