Midsummer Report.

Discussion forum for the many World of Warcraft Achievements.
Darchrow
Donor

Midsummer Report.

#1 » Post by Darchrow » 21 Jun 2013 12:03

Testing this as Alliance:

Achievement: Ice the Frost Lord
Problem: Ahune isn't there.

Achievement: Burning Hot Pole Dance
Problem: Dancing in front of the pole doesn't give you achievement.

Achievement: King of the Fire Festival
Problem: Right Clicking on the fire does not give you the required quest item to finish the main quest, thus getting the achievement.
You obtain this by touching the flame in Orgrimmar during the Midsummer Fire Festival as a member of the Alliance. ( source: WoWhead )

Achievements: Flame Warden of Eastern Kingdoms + Flame Warden of Kalimdor
Problem: Can't honor the flames

Achievement: Flame Warden of Outland
Problem: Also can't honor the flames.
-Missing / wrong location of " Flames of Nagrand " " Flames of Terokkar " " Flames of Netherstorm " " Flames of Shadowmoon Valley " " Flames of Zangarmarsh "
-Missing Npcs at "Flames of Blade's Edge Mountains ", the "Decoration" is there.

Achievements: Extinguishing eastern kingdoms + Extinguishing Kalimdor

Problem: Arathi Highlands extinguishing works.
Badlands extinguishing counts for Dustwallow Marsh
Burning Steppes extinguishing counts for Feralas
Eversong woods extinguishing counts for Mulgore
Ghostlands extinguishing counts for Shadowmoon Valley
Hillsbrad Foothills extinguishing counts for Swamp of Sorrows
Silverpine Forest extinguishing counts for.... one of the previous, dunno which
Stranglethorn Vale extinguishing counts for Burning Steppes
Swamp of Sorrows extinguishing counts for Tristfal Glades
The Hinterlands extinguishing counts for Silithus
Tirisfal Glades extinguishing counts for Tanaris

Won't test Outland and Kalimdor as they are most probably bugged like Eastern Kingdoms....

Achievement: Torch Juggler
Problem: Juggling 40 torches in dalaran in the required amount of time doesn't give you achievement.

Please feel free to correct me if i tested something wrong.
Thanks
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Blacklustersoldier
Honorary Member

Re: Midsummer Report.

#2 » Post by Blacklustersoldier » 21 Jun 2013 12:17

I was working on a post to report the buggs I;ve personally experienced so far, but I understood there was one already, so instead I came here to post it as a reply.

1. Midsummer Celebrant
http://old.wowhead.com/npc=16781

Current npc is hostile towards both factions, which results in them getting slaughtered by the guards.

2. Earthen ring elder
http://old.wowhead.com/npc=26221/earthen-ring-elder

Current npc is hostile, not attackable, but does not offer any quests.

3. Master Fire Eater
http://old.wowhead.com/npc=25975

Current npc offers quests, however they are bugged, but doable with quest completer, would be nice if they could get fixed to work properly, if not that's okay.

4. Festival Loremaster
http://old.wowhead.com/npc=16817#starts

Current npc starts 2 quests which can't be turned in, from what I was told last year those quests should not be available anymore as they were removed back in a previous patch. I do not know if that's real or not, but more research is needed on this.

Problem with quest reseting. Players who have completed http://www.wowhead.com/quest=9365 and http://www.wowhead.com/quest=11964 last year or two years ago, are not able to complete them this year for the extra fire blossoms, not sure if intended or not.

5. Desecrate the horde fires
http://old.wowhead.com/achievement=1028

Current achievement works, however as many other events, after desecrating the flames once, they will not reset for players, thus making them unable to repeat it next year. Problem is present for every flame you need to desecrate, in every zone, horde or ally.

6. Flame warden of one area
http://old.wowhead.com/achievement=1022

Current achievement works, however as many other events, after you honor the flames once, they will not reset for players, thus making them unable to repeat it next year. Problem is present the same for every flame you need to honor, in every zone, horde or ally.

7. Torch Jugler
http://old.wowhead.com/achievement=272

Current achievement doesn't work. Whenever you use a torch, the torch dissapears from your inventory no matter where you cast it, even if you throw it on yourself, the item simply dissapears.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=34599/juggling-torch

I personally believe that the achievement works, only the item is broken, as it may miss the 2 spells related to it.

Keep in mind that I've completed the honor + desecration of flames back on bloodcraft, and the achievements worked for me, but I am unable to repeat that, thus certain rewards will be missing for me.
RETIRED
Contact info:
[hide]Skype: bone.link90
Battle tag EU: bonelink90#2702
E-mail: bone.link90@yahoo.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mihai.Udrescu90
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138722978/[/hide]
Char list:
[hide]Blackluster
Katra
Mystral
Sepinia
Shanira
Stasher
Lightluster
Soreya
Dastan
Xeria
Runya[/hide]

Drago

#3 » Post by Drago » 21 Jun 2013 12:29

This is definitely the most bugged event Iv'e ever seen on Truewow lol. If I find something else on Horde I'll report...
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Boxis
Donor

#4 » Post by Boxis » 21 Jun 2013 12:37

ill screenshot every single flame just to get this meta achie finally.

Gnurg

#5 » Post by Gnurg » 21 Jun 2013 13:17

Alliance here aswell.

Ice the Frost Lord:
From what I know, when you queue the instance through the Dungeon Finder, the room before the first boss should have plenty of ice here and there. An object (one of these) should spawn Ahune and start the encounter/event. The quest stuff with Luna Skymother is pre-dungeon finder (added in 3.3.0), so that's outdated and shouldn't be there.

As for the boss itself, we got the wrong version of him. When I spawned him (id: 25740), he was level 73 and had just 397k hp. From this video, it shows that he's either level 82 or 83 and got more than 397k hp. It's a bit blurry, so it's hard to tell the hp and the level.

Burning Hot Pole Dance:
When clicking the Ribbon Pole you should gain the buff <need name> and start spinning around, however nothing happens. As for the "Has Midsummer Set" aura (id: 58933), you do get it when the set is equiped. It should be like this: Youtube - Burning Hot Pole Dance

Torch Juggler:
The achivement might be working, however the iten does not work what so ever. The achivement might be working if the juggle citeria is when you catch the torch, not when you throw it. However, if it's the other way around the achivement isn't working.

As for the item, the throw spell obviously doesn't work as no torch is thrown at the location and the item does just disappear from your inventory. As for the catch spell, I don't know.
Here's a video on how it should work.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Drago

#6 » Post by Drago » 21 Jun 2013 13:39

For horde,
* The Midsummer Feralas AND Dustwallow Marsh flames can't be honored, the npc has a blue question mark above his head instead of yellow, and when you click it you have the quest in his chat log but when you click it nothing happens, the "continue" quest screen sin't opening... So you can't complete it...
* The Midsummer fire and npc's are missing from Mulgore (the ones in the village), so can't honor its flame...
What you visualize is what you create around you.
When you visualize something good or bad you will always get it! So better visualize what you really want :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drago - Retribution/Protection Paladin [Main]
Shiftylegs - Restoration/Ballance Druid
Aquanova - Arcane/Fire Mage
Strongtail - Frost/Unholy DK
ImageImage

Doctor_J
Developer

#7 » Post by Doctor_J » 21 Jun 2013 14:28

This has probably already been solved as I said in other thread, everything on str except for pole dancing and ahune ach should now be working on str but needs testers.

And btw torch juggler should work anyway, but you have to buy torches for blossoms if you use the torches provided for quest it will not work, and its easier if you buy more than one torch or borrow another off someone else as its just a matter of throwing all the torches within speciied time.

Gnurg

#8 » Post by Gnurg » 21 Jun 2013 14:36

Torch juggling doesn't work on the STR. From what I can tell, the achivements that are still not fixed is "Ice the Frost Lord", "Burning Hot Pole Dance", "King of the Fire Festival" and "Torch Juggler".

For King of the Fire Festival, the only problem is that A Thief's Reward isn't added to Festival Loremaster's quests. As for the others, see my post above.

I may add that I haven't tested all the extinguish/honor places, but I've completed one in each zone and all gave credit.
HAI
CAN HAZ STDIO?
VISIBLE "HAI WORLD, IZ GNURF!"
KTHXBYE

Darchrow
Donor

#9 » Post by Darchrow » 21 Jun 2013 14:46

Last edited by Darchrow on 21 Jun 2013 15:51, edited 2 times in total.
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Polkic
Former Staff

#10 » Post by Polkic » 21 Jun 2013 15:11

on Str i got ach for AHUNE; I went in manually and he was just there, not scripted tho.

Aveler

#11 » Post by Aveler » 21 Jun 2013 15:14

I have noticed that the NPCS that sell stuff for the flowers arent there, at least there wasn´t one in Stormwind. I do hope that this festival will be fixed so we can all get the achievements and titles : ) And that nice staff from Ahune ;)

Doctor_J
Developer

#12 » Post by Doctor_J » 21 Jun 2013 15:34

King of the fire festival should be resolved on str so if someone tests,

Ps I wont apply anything to live realm to I am sure enough peoplehave tested,

Doctor_J
Developer

#13 » Post by Doctor_J » 21 Jun 2013 15:38

and also if you can now re-test torch juggling ach think found why it was not working d: str should be restarting now,

Polkic
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Polkic » 21 Jun 2013 15:41

On it.

Polkic
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Polkic » 21 Jun 2013 15:45

Torches ach worked. +1