My Girl Loves to Skadi All the Time - Utgarde Pinnacle

Discussion forum for the many World of Warcraft Achievements.
Teraan

My Girl Loves to Skadi All the Time - Utgarde Pinnacle

#1 » Post by Teraan » 22 Dec 2013 21:31

Yeah, today, http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2156 ... l-the-time worked, just tried it 5 mins ago, again went bugged, Skadi died from 1 shoot of harpoon, it seems that, again, the harpoon damage is scaling with user's SP. But strangely, Sinner tried it before that 10 min server downtime, and it worked, with Fastor(mage) who shooted harpoons. Btw, it seems the harpoons are using the wrong spell, they should use http://www.wowhead.com/spell=51355, but they use http://www.wowhead.com/spell=56570, which is dealing aoe DMG based on your SP.
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Nyeriah

Re: My Girl Loves to Skadi All the Time - Utgarde Pinnacle

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Dec 2013 21:35

Hmm.. well yeah if Skadi dies before you engage him you won't get credit for achievement... the harpoon spell targeting is broken and... that's not the only bug there

Skadi wasn't even supposed to be hit in the first place... Grauf was...

He must be hit three times before he leaves the area where he can be shoot (more specifically, does his "say" and the dragon breath) so the achievement doesn't fail, by the way. If you hit him once, then only on further runs, it fails. The boss will land once hit by 3 harpoons.

For the time being don't let casters shoot them :P I'll look into improving the boss fight itself at some later date

Teraan

#3 » Post by Teraan » 22 Dec 2013 21:40

The thing is that the harpoon dmg is aoe, that's why Skadi gets down, i tried this, if you stay near skadi and shoot harpoons you die, before this, like 1 month ago, i tried with some friends and one warr with 0 spellpower shooted the harpoons, and then Skadi didn't died, but remained at 30% HP. Maybe make Skadi immune to DMG 'till he gets off Grauf?
‡∆‡ My Characters: ‡∆‡
Teraan - Retribution PvE - PvP
Teraana - Discipline PvE - Holy PvE
Fatman - Balance PvE - Restoration PvE
Soomershaman - Restoration PvE - Enhancement PvE
Rmage - Fire PvE
Mahkarn - Survival PvE

Teal Deer

#4 » Post by Teal Deer » 22 Dec 2013 21:55

i wiped at least twice in a moment we fired a harpoons at him.
so it might be it.

Fastor

#5 » Post by Fastor » 22 Dec 2013 22:06

First problem that l think it is here is that Boss have range of achievement. Teraan was too far from boss. It already happen in mine group where two players did not got achievement. What is supposed to be is that all who want achievement need to hug fence closest to boss and than spam harpoons.

Second problem is what l was planing to put in new post. Harpoon is affecting on everything. It does do AoE and not only damage boss, it can also kill players. Harpoon when used flies to boss not mount so when boss for odd reason survive and is on ground and someone use harpoon, all around boss will die, probably boss too.

Third problem is that Harpoon stack with stats of player, l can confirm it stack with critical, that is why l farmed that boss for mount naked, so l do not nuke him and prevent from looting. For spell power and attack power I do not know but I think this is true.

Fourth problem is looting of boss, if boss die in air, bye loots, mount probably too.

Perfect fix for this would be that Harpoon have fix damage of 555.500 which is 1/3 of dragon and it only is able to damage dragon, everyone everything else is imune from it.

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 22 Dec 2013 22:24

After checking it, the spell seems right, that spell you linked Teraan is merely used to fire the harpoon guns. Then the guns fire something else at boss, another spell. Probably on next update I'll already have few improvements for this boss.

Fastor

#7 » Post by Fastor » 22 Dec 2013 22:58

Also, related to this dungeon, boss before Skadi is leaving combat bug, it did not yesterday.

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Dec 2013 14:17

Ah, not as easy as I thought this would be... I would need (I think) the right spell used to mount the drake to make it work as supposed. Currently the drake is only used as a mount, should be a vehicle but it's not working as intended.

Fastor

#9 » Post by Fastor » 24 Dec 2013 15:32

Fastor wrote:Also, related to this dungeon, boss before Skadi is leaving combat bug, it did not yesterday.

Ignore this, did today and no combat bug, must be some mob left agro.

Racamon

#10 » Post by Racamon » 24 Dec 2013 18:15

I did it normaly, hunter took harpoons and shoot Skaadi, he fell, we got achi. We got loot too :)

Fastor

#11 » Post by Fastor » 24 Dec 2013 19:27

Racamon wrote: We got loot too :)
>.<

Nyeriah

#12 » Post by Nyeriah » 24 Dec 2013 20:11

Thank you all for the inputs. Since the achievement itself is working I'mma lock this as these other issues seem to have already been reported here.

http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=10302

------- CANNED MESSAGE STARTS -------

Oh hm woops, it does seem that this issue has already being reported!
Duplicated issues are counter-productive so this issue is going to be locked, please search before posting!

To search an issue, click the search symbol on the top navigation bar and fill up the form.

Thank you for your bug report, see you around and have fun!

--------- CANNED MESSAGE ENDS ---------