winter veil

Discussion forum for the many World of Warcraft Achievements.
User avatar
marko1984
Posts: 1162
Joined: 11 Nov 2012 15:18
Location: Srb!

Re: winter veil

#16 » Post by marko1984 » 02 Jan 2014 09:13

u know.. when there is 1 achiev missing under world events it hurts my eyes xD
fix it for next year if possible :)
Three mages!

User avatar
hugeegosorry
Posts: 41
Joined: 06 Jul 2013 22:38

Re: winter veil

#17 » Post by hugeegosorry » 02 Jan 2014 18:30

damn, so no crashing and trashing? sucks, its the only thing im missing from world events aswell..
fighting on the internet is like special olympics - even if you win you are still retarded

User avatar
Mojolicious
Donor
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Oct 2012 14:49
Location: Berlin

Re: winter veil

#18 » Post by Mojolicious » 03 Jan 2014 07:47

innocentguy wrote:The Crashin' and Thrashin' achievement isn't required for the Merrymaker meta-achievement anyway. It's not too bad of a loss.
for achievement hunters, in fact, it is. i haven't participated in the forums this much last year, so i didn't know the achievement was given as previously stated. the players back then were aware of it not being part of the meta achievement, too, so let's just agree to disagree on your statement. ;)

User avatar
innocentguy
Posts: 420
Joined: 02 Apr 2011 15:02

Re: winter veil

#19 » Post by innocentguy » 03 Jan 2014 20:33

Mojolicious wrote:
innocentguy wrote:The Crashin' and Thrashin' achievement isn't required for the Merrymaker meta-achievement anyway. It's not too bad of a loss.
for achievement hunters, in fact, it is. i haven't participated in the forums this much last year, so i didn't know the achievement was given as previously stated. the players back then were aware of it not being part of the meta achievement, too, so let's just agree to disagree on your statement. ;)
My reasoning is simply that there are better things to work on. Fixing the keepers in Ulduar for example would result in alot more achievements being available. If giving up this achievement means that Ulduar gets fixed, I don't see why not.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

User avatar
Fastor
Posts: 4007
Joined: 16 Dec 2012 17:38

Re: winter veil

#20 » Post by Fastor » 03 Jan 2014 21:13

innocentguy wrote: If giving up this achievement means that Ulduar gets fixed, I don't see why not.
Because unlike Ulduar you only have limited time in year to get this achievement.
Liqueur wrote:I have a suggestion.
In Alterac Valley, corpses should drop the [Autographed Picture of Fastor] instead of the [Autographed Picture of Foror & Tigule]. I know it's not Blizzlike, but I'm sure we all agree that there's a huge demand for it. Vote +1 to make GMs implement this change.
All classes and specs guides
ICC Handbook

"A Quest Test" addon l made to automatically check is your quest bugged.

If you want to contact me, send me PM here.

User avatar
innocentguy
Posts: 420
Joined: 02 Apr 2011 15:02

Re: winter veil

#21 » Post by innocentguy » 03 Jan 2014 22:30

Fastor wrote:
Because unlike Ulduar you only have limited time in year to get this achievement.
So much of Ulduar doesn't work at the moment. Right now, there isn't even a 'time-factor' to get some of the Ulduar-affiliated achievements. They're simply not possible to attain. What kind of comparison are you making?

Plus, do you really want the Devs to waste more time on 10 achievement points? They said they'll try to fix it and I assume they did. If 2-3 consecutive years isn't enough time for them to fix it then I don't see the point of wasting more time on it.

It's just 10 points. 10 points that you can use for what, bragging rights? It's not even a difficult achievement. Suck it up. I'd rather that more time be spent on fixing the remaining bugs in ICC or Ulduar or even some of the class bugs. There are many, many things that are more worth fixing than this.

Simply put, Crashin' and Thrasin' is an achievement that only awards 10 achievement points. It does not award a mount, a vanity pet, and is not required for any meta-achievement except perhaps over 9k. It is silly to expend more effort on this than on issues that are far more game-breaking.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

User avatar
Fastor
Posts: 4007
Joined: 16 Dec 2012 17:38

Re: winter veil

#22 » Post by Fastor » 03 Jan 2014 22:37

Mine point being made is that at that specific time they could do work on that achievement alone simply because we had short time to gain that achi, up to 2. january to be priecise. Now that time is passed therefore not that much priority, but before it was, and yes l would give 5 uldu achis for that one, simply because now they have whole time to spend.

Simply dont get me wrong, but priority had to be winter achi when we had chance to get it not Ulduar. Now you may complain about that Ulduar is now priority, simply since we cant get winter achi anymore.

You may lock this topic.
Last edited by Fastor on 03 Jan 2014 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Liqueur wrote:I have a suggestion.
In Alterac Valley, corpses should drop the [Autographed Picture of Fastor] instead of the [Autographed Picture of Foror & Tigule]. I know it's not Blizzlike, but I'm sure we all agree that there's a huge demand for it. Vote +1 to make GMs implement this change.
All classes and specs guides
ICC Handbook

"A Quest Test" addon l made to automatically check is your quest bugged.

If you want to contact me, send me PM here.

User avatar
innocentguy
Posts: 420
Joined: 02 Apr 2011 15:02

Re: winter veil

#23 » Post by innocentguy » 03 Jan 2014 22:40

Fastor wrote:Mine point being made is that at that specific time they could do work on that achievement alone simply because we had short time to gain that achi, up to 2. january to be priecise. Now that time is passed therefore not that much priority, but before it was, and yes l would give 5 uldu achis for that one, simply because they have whole time now to spend.

Simply dont get me wrong, but priority should be winter achi when we had chance to get it not Ulduar. Now you can complain about that Ulduar is now priority, simply since we cant get winter achi anymore.

You may lock this topic.

What I see is that you are only trying to put forth your opinion without listening to or even considering someone else's opinion.

This is ridiculous. You have rebutted none of my points. Points which have clearly rebutted yours.
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~

User avatar
Nyeriah

Re: winter veil

#24 » Post by Nyeriah » 04 Jan 2014 01:42

Nyeriah wrote:Due to core limitations Prodigy was unable to fix it for the time being. We do not have an expected date for when will it work at this time.
This. And it was beyond us. I am really sorry that for yet another year you'll have to skip it but there was nothing that we could have done at this time. As always, if it was possible and it had got fixed, we'd extend the holiday for few days as we did with the previous ones.

There are things we just can't help at the time being. No reasons to argue further about this.

User avatar
Mojolicious
Donor
Posts: 133
Joined: 19 Oct 2012 14:49
Location: Berlin

Re: winter veil

#25 » Post by Mojolicious » 04 Jan 2014 04:43

no reason to bring ulduar into the game, either, guys, so please don't fight over it in this thread. :)
side note: also, no need to apologize, you guys did a pretty good job on winter veil this year, most fixes were made asap and you even managed to open toc5hc and fix it during winter veil, too. thank you for that, it's great to have toc5 back.

all i want is the crashin & trashin achievement - if not by doing it the right way if it gets fixed before time runs out, then i'm just happy to get it granted the same way other needy achi whore players ( ;P ) got it last year. either way, solutions will be found i'm sure and i'll stay patient until the inofficial end of winter veil.^^

User avatar
Trampoline
Posts: 8
Joined: 03 Jan 2014 22:40

Re: winter veil

#26 » Post by Trampoline » 05 Jan 2014 04:45

Well, as the Staff already mentioned, the achievement won't be given manually this year, and we'll have to wait for next year :/
Further discussions regarding this are unneeded, thus I'm locking this topic.
Fatties, don't break my strings!

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest