A Feast of Souls

Talk about and get help with the countless quests in World of Warcraft.
chickenbutt
Donor

A Feast of Souls

#1 » Post by chickenbutt » 22 Dec 2012 14:35

Is this quest bugged? Ever since I got the quest I've hardly been getting souls. I did an ICC10n yesterday up to Sindragosa and I only gathered about 50 full souls... Also Consecration doesn't seem to tag mobs like Holy Wrath (WoWHead says it should) and Exorcism do, as well as all my weapon abilities of course. I'm in ICC25 right now and just cleared the way up to Marrow. I was at about 78 souls when we got in, and I only managed to get two souls from the entire hall? The fuck? Do I need to get a killing blow on the mobs? Do other people's SE debuffs overwrite mine and cause it to be null? I'm really confused.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24547/a-feast-of-souls
Last edited by chickenbutt on 22 Dec 2012 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Doctor_J
Developer

Re: A Feast of Souls

#2 » Post by Doctor_J » 22 Dec 2012 14:37

No believe it got fixed, player has to actually tag mob with se now and the buff mob gets is unique to player who tagged it eg only player who tagged mob with the debuff from se gets credit.

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Kindzadza » 22 Dec 2012 14:39

I know when I was doing the quest and another player with me,only the one that kills the mob gets credit or something.Can't remember,it was a long time ago.

The debuff stays on the target regardless.It won't expire.

chickenbutt
Donor

#4 » Post by chickenbutt » 22 Dec 2012 14:44

We're waiting at Marrow and I have 80 souls in my quest. I pulled a nerub'ar, tagged it and killed it with the group, no soul. I'll update after Marrow dies. Maybe get some of it on video as well. I seriously did a near-full ICC10 yesterday and only got about 50 souls from it, that's not logical.

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Doctor_J
Developer

#5 » Post by Doctor_J » 22 Dec 2012 14:45

well I cant link the commit atm as seems git is down.

chickenbutt
Donor

#6 » Post by chickenbutt » 22 Dec 2012 14:51

Downed Marrow, still 80 souls.

Cover25

#7 » Post by Cover25 » 22 Dec 2012 14:52

Well, no it is bugged. The player who hits the target first with SE gets the credit (Or the player who gets the last hit)

chickenbutt
Donor

#8 » Post by chickenbutt » 22 Dec 2012 14:55

Cleared trash before Lady D, 82 souls...

There's no way it can be like that... that means just getting the 1k souls will take even longer than the SHARDS for god's sake.

"You
- need not to hit the mobs - a Demoralizing Shout, Thunder Bluff, Consecration or Death and Decay will give the debuff to all valid targets in range too
- have to be alive at the death of the target to collect the soul
- may free your ghost and fly back from the bone yard into the ICC. As soon you reenter ICC every mob that will be killed by your raid mates and that you "marked" before will count for you, even if you stay idle at the entry (-> you should start every battle with f.e. a Demoralizing Shout and - if you die at trash - should rush back as fast as possible to get at least a few souls"
Last edited by chickenbutt on 22 Dec 2012 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

Cover25

#9 » Post by Cover25 » 22 Dec 2012 15:04

Cover25 wrote:Well, no it is bugged. The player who hits the target first with SE gets the credit (Or the player who gets the last hit)

chickenbutt
Donor

#10 » Post by chickenbutt » 22 Dec 2012 15:06

Well whoop-de fucking do, there goes SM right out the damn window.

UPDATE:
Just did the trash before Plague Quarter, I was the very first person with SE to tag any mobs (ALL of them, with Holy Wrath, noted Consecration and Seal of Command hits don't proc it though they should) and I still got NO souls what so ever. So it must be whoever gets the killing blow or had the last hit on the target before it died. Oh gee whiz.

Relina

#11 » Post by Relina » 22 Dec 2012 23:21

chickenbutt wrote:
"You
- need not to hit the mobs - a Demoralizing Shout, Thunder Bluff, Consecration or Death and Decay will give the debuff to all valid targets in range too
- have to be alive at the death of the target to collect the soul
- may free your ghost and fly back from the bone yard into the ICC. As soon you reenter ICC every mob that will be killed by your raid mates and that you "marked" before will count for you, even if you stay idle at the entry (-> you should start every battle with f.e. a Demoralizing Shout and - if you die at trash - should rush back as fast as possible to get at least a few souls"
In addition to that

"You do not need to get a killing blow to get the credit, just need to hit them once."

Can add that a Hunter in my party kept getting the souls absorb animation from getting KB's off mobs that i had the debuff up on.

& it also seems that players who have completed Feast of Souls can still apply debuff on mobs.

Here's another thing DW abosrbing souls from mobs i killed

Last edited by Relina on 25 Dec 2012 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Doctor_J
Developer

#12 » Post by Doctor_J » 22 Dec 2012 23:37

well this may have been fixed by trinity already has see there was a another commit for the last work on shadows fate which is the spell to do with this,

chickenbutt
Donor

#13 » Post by chickenbutt » 25 Dec 2012 14:53

Still confusing to me, I've done several ICCs and through every one I've only gained a total of 5-10 souls per run. In one of those ICCs, I was the only person with SE, so it has to be a killing blow that's needed to get credit for the quest, and the debuff does seem to be overwritten when a target is hit by multiple SE wielders.

Arockalypse
Donor

A Feast of Souls

#14 » Post by Arockalypse » 25 Dec 2012 14:58

Btw, my ghoul has the buff that mobs are supposed to get when doing a feast of souls.
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Vaen

#15 » Post by Vaen » 25 Dec 2012 15:56

Yes, it indeed is bugged now, you should only need to do at least 1 damage to the mob and it will get your debuff, mobs can have more than one debuff and when the mob dies everybody who put their debuff on mob (by doing at least 1 dmg point to him) gets 1 soul towards credit. I noticed when doing ICC this Sunday that I was getting Shadow's fate debuff on mobs, I attacked and everytime I striked it came up for like half a second then disappeared and kept coming back, something very weird considering I completed A Feast of Souls quest long ago.
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch