Alchemists at a disadvantage.

The place for discussions, as well as hints and tips, about gathering and crafting.
Eisen
Donor

Alchemists at a disadvantage.

#1 » Post by Eisen » 25 Jun 2013 13:52

Hey, not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I hope it gets some attention.

I don't know if many other players have the same desire, but personally I love being self-sufficient and staying off the trading channel as much as possible, hence I have a diverse set of professions across all of my characters, all of whom enjoy a nice bonus in stats or effect due to these.

This is where the problem comes in, one of my characters is an Alchemist and should by all rights enjoy some bonuses offered by the profession but this is unfortunately not so. Item Loading... Should allow alchemists to gain extra stats from their flasks, making up for the fact that they can't enchant their rings or whatever, this not being the case makes it a bit unfair on alchemists since all other professions can gain their bonuses in addition to flasks. As some talents and abilities work exponentially on stats this can make a huge difference.

I don't mind nothing being done about the issue as I know there are things that take precedence but I'd just like to make sure people are aware of this, especially when they choose professions for endgame.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183

Darchrow
Donor

Re: Alchemists at a disadvantage.

#2 » Post by Darchrow » 25 Jun 2013 14:16

i am aware :'(
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Nyaneve

#3 » Post by Nyaneve » 25 Jun 2013 17:27

Me too :'(

Doctor_J
Developer

#4 » Post by Doctor_J » 25 Jun 2013 18:09

This is known bug and there is 2 year old issue open on trinity tracker on this subject,

If those extra stats are so important to you best advice is to change profession as cant see this getting fixed any time in near future xd

Racamon

#5 » Post by Racamon » 09 Jul 2013 17:24

Well it might be a disadvantage, but you still have nice things from Alchemy. In arenas you can use extra 47 spell power or 60 attack power buff from a flask that cannot be consumed. Also healing and mana pots that also can't be consumed, so if you are out of stronger pots, you will always have some extra in bag. Plus you can earn quite a bit of gold with transmutations, and flasks. Trust me on that. Alchemy is not expensive to skill up, but very rewarding after with goldies :)

innocentguy

#6 » Post by innocentguy » 02 Aug 2013 20:08

Racamon wrote: In arenas you can use extra 47 spell power or 60 attack power buff from a flask that cannot be consumed.
If you pick another profession, you'll have the equivalent from that buff anyway from that profession. (E.g. Ring Enchantments, Jeweler's Gems, Blacksmithing Sockets, etc)
Racamon wrote: Also healing and mana pots that also can't be consumed, so if you are out of stronger pots, you will always have some extra in bag. Plus you can earn quite a bit of gold with transmutations, and flasks. Trust me on that. Alchemy is not expensive to skill up, but very rewarding after with goldies :)
Agree with this part though. When my Priest was low-geared I loved the fact that I had an Endless Mana Potion to spam every minute, and missed it a lot with my Shaman. Plus everyone wants flasks, and you can get Elixir Master to get even more of them each time.

I wasn't aware of the issue with MIxology before I took up Alchemy, but it was really fun to level and even now it's really great =D

[Edit]
To clarify the bug (For those unaware of it), Mixology does not give you any bonus stats when drinking Flasks that you can make, beyond your Elixirs and Flasks lasting longer.

For example if my priest drank a Flask of Endless Rage (don't question my decision), I should be getting more than 180 AP, in fact I should be getting around 180 + 80 AP. So essentially when compared to an enchanter for example, he is gaining 180 AP from a Flask of Endless Rage whereas I am gaining only 100 AP as I am over-riding my Flask of the North, which I can be drinking forever. In a nutshell I should be getting the combined bonuses of both Flasks when drinking the more potent one.

http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=46377
http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=47499
No one is simply entitled to anything in this world.
Whatever you want, you have to earn, be it money, respect or love.
[/color]
My Innocents:

Innocentguy - Priest ( Shadow / Discipline )
Innocence - Shaman ( Elemental / Restoration )
InnocentIcon - Death Knight ( Blood {Tank} / Unholy {DPS} )
Innocentshot - Hunter ( Marksmanship / Survival )
Innocentone - Druid ( Restoration / Feral {DPS} )
Innocenthope - Paladin ( Retribution / Holy )
~ In the end, Innocence is Brilliant ~