Engineering Specialization

The place for discussions, as well as hints and tips, about gathering and crafting.
Eisen
Donor

Engineering Specialization

#1 » Post by Eisen » 21 Aug 2013 10:47

It was recently brought to my attention by someone newly leveling engineering that the "Specialization Fix" might have broken something too.

This player was doing a specialization quest for the 1st time (in this case, gnomish, on alliance). But after having completed the quest chain that's supposed to award you with the specialization he didn't get anything. (Still couldn't use the specialization specific items, nor did the specialized icon appear in his spellbook)

I directed him to try and use the "re-specialization" book in Tanaris and he reported that with the book he was then able to attain the specialization. So basically it's still possible to get the specialization, just that it takes an extra trip and knowledge of the bug and it's workaround :D

PS: There wasn't any way for me to test this to confirm it, but I am leveling Engineering on my Mage and I'll confirm as soon as I get far enough to do so.
Eisenlicht - Eisenfaust - Shai - Eisenblitz - SyntaxError - Revan - Nugget - Eisen - Necriss - Heka
I SHALL RIDE ETERNAL, SHINY AND CHROME!
bnet: Eisen#2183