Problem with Void Walker minion behavior after "Consume Shadows" spell

Hoopy

Problem with Void Walker minion behavior after "Consume Shadows" spell

#1 » Post by Hoopy » 27 Sep 2019 19:50

Hello,
Thank you for the support and help.

I recently resumed my low lvl warlock on PrimalWoW, lvl 20 ish.

The void walker minion misbehaves after "consume shadows" spell to regain health. He stops defending unless I click attack, and after mob is dead he just heads in some odd direction (probably SW or some other far away mob). The behavior is back to normal after killing a couple of mobs. The unusual behavior returns after using "consume shadows" spell. The behavior is gone if the void walker is dismissed and new void walker summoned.

1. Summon Void Walker.
2. place on Defense stance,
3. get him damaged. e.g. by a mob.
4. click "consume shadows" to heal void walker.
5. attack a mob. Void walker stays neutral even if stance is changed.
6. click for void walker to attack mob.
7. When mob is dead, void walker just heads to a remote location. Clicking "follow" will return him to player.
8. After killing few mobs (and repeating steps 5-7), the void walker behaves normally (i.e. regular response in defense stance).
9. Using "consume shadows" again will resume the misbehavior.

Can some one please try to reproduce this.

I remember a GM asking us about misbehavior of hunter pets and followers (including minions) like a wk ago.

Thanks

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Problem with Void Walker minion behavior after "Consume Shadows" spell

#2 » Post by Axis » 27 Sep 2019 20:15

Hoopy wrote:
27 Sep 2019 19:50
Hello,
Thank you for the support and help.

I recently resumed my low lvl warlock on PrimalWoW, lvl 20 ish.

The void walker minion misbehaves after "consume shadows" spell to regain health. He stops defending unless I click attack, and after mob is dead he just heads in some odd direction (probably SW or some other far away mob). The behavior is back to normal after killing a couple of mobs. The unusual behavior returns after using "consume shadows" spell. The behavior is gone if the void walker is dismissed and new void walker summoned.

1. Summon Void Walker.
2. place on Defense stance,
3. get him damaged. e.g. by a mob.
4. click "consume shadows" to heal void walker.
5. attack a mob. Void walker stays neutral even if stance is changed.
6. click for void walker to attack mob.
7. When mob is dead, void walker just heads to a remote location. Clicking "follow" will return him to player.
8. After killing few mobs (and repeating steps 5-7), the void walker behaves normally (i.e. regular response in defense stance).
9. Using "consume shadows" again will resume the misbehavior.

Can some one please try to reproduce this.

I remember a GM asking us about misbehavior of hunter pets and followers (including minions) like a wk ago.

Thanks
Greetings,

This sub-forum isn't the place to report this.
Please follow procedures by reporting this in the proper place (our bugtracker).

Go here:
https://truewow.org/account-manager
Activate bugtracker access at the bottom.

Then go here:
https://truewow.org/bugs/my_view_page.php
Log in using your forum account username and password (the same one you used to post this thread).

Now fill out a complete report (summary, description, steps to reproduce, so on and so forth).
Any evidence you can include in the report (screenshots, video, etc) would be very useful.

Regards.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.

Axis
Senior Game Master

Re: Problem with Void Walker minion behavior after "Consume Shadows" spell

#3 » Post by Axis » 03 Oct 2019 11:31

I've made the report myself, on your behalf.
Please follow procedure next time.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.