What about our beloved pets...

Vuudar

What about our beloved pets...

#1 » Post by Vuudar » 29 Jul 2017 13:32

I have to get this out somewhere... and i think thats the right place for it.

My main toon is a Hunter
For almost 2 months now pets are dying to cleave ...cant remember which skills they should use or not use. Have to set them new every time i unmount and lets not talk about pet pathing.

So i thought i just lvl another toon to 70 and farm rep and items so i can help with raids.
Now i got a Paladin to 70 and started to work on Kara attunement.

First step Shadowlab. We run into Blackheart and oh boy... someone thought to FIX him. He wasnt fixed he was fucked up...so bad that i wonder how no one saw this before letting it go live. I mean mass mc every 15 seconds.. great idea and it lasts 12.. or was it 15 seconds. With the average dps toons have now.. that is a slaughter. But thats not enough, seems like crossfaction after mc isnt working properly either. Horde healer wasnt able to heal the alliance tank in our group.

Guess what.. if you cant beat him.. you wont be able to get to kara.

I am still calm at this point but decide to open a ticket.. because hey this cant be meant to be.
GM didnt talk to me only wrote that i should use bugtracker. After 2 months of pet bugs...you can imagine that my trust in Bugtracker isnt that great. But anyway i open Bugtracker and search for Blackheart and wow i find a Ticket. Opened 24.07 and closed 28.07 fixed. Again.. was there any kind of test before the ticket was closed? Because... this whole fight is still FUCKED UP.

So please if that isnt already policy... dont push bug fixes to live before its really tested. And if it still makes it to live...give GMs the means to help out. Nothing worse than getting cock blocked by no Q&A at all.

Oh and it would be nice to get some Feedback to these 2 problems...

Skug

Eronox
MVP

Re: What about our beloved pets...

#2 » Post by Eronox » 29 Jul 2017 16:06

The scenarios of yours is caused by trinitycore theirselves, not us.
Cause of effects after a tc-merge which we do frequently to keep the core updated and instances progressed in code.

Besides, this pet issue is a high subject at their community as well so...

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

Vuudar

#3 » Post by Vuudar » 29 Jul 2017 17:52

Thank you for your answer...

But...thats no help at all.

Now i know there is a bug caused by TrinityCore and it keeps us from getting any further.
But you see, everyone being unable to complete the Karazhan entrance chain... is a big problem.
If the NPC doesnt work correctly, than disable him for the time being or disable all his ablilites if its not possible to fix it in a short amount of time. Maybe add this quest for the time to quest completer.

Just stating "its not your fault" doesnt help.

Eronox
MVP

#4 » Post by Eronox » 29 Jul 2017 18:21

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

Vuudar

#5 » Post by Vuudar » 29 Jul 2017 18:24

Yes.. and as of today around 11am server time it was impossible due to the problems i wrote in the first post.

Gehere

#6 » Post by Gehere » 31 Jul 2017 13:19

I'm not sure I quite get it.

Why would PrimalWoW update a perfectly functional TrinityCore - to one with unsolvable bugs?

We had a very smooth Core running. We had most everything working, from a players perspective.

And the timing? Just before the release of TBC. This definitely hurt the server and the new playerbase.

I just don't get it...

Jiranthos
Admin

#7 » Post by Jiranthos » 31 Jul 2017 14:09

Gehere wrote:
31 Jul 2017 13:19
I'm not sure I quite get it.

Why would PrimalWoW update a perfectly functional TrinityCore - to one with unsolvable bugs?

We had a very smooth Core running. We had most everything working, from a players perspective.

And the timing? Just before the release of TBC. This definitely hurt the server and the new playerbase.

I just don't get it...
Check out this post by Nyeriah: viewtopic.php?f=115&t=37593&start=30#p410184
It's not exactly about this specific issue, but close enough. The players of TW (in contrast to PW) were also distraught about the new core breaking everything (they had it first) and this was a response, and I think it hammers the point home pretty well.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Vuudar

#8 » Post by Vuudar » 04 Aug 2017 08:39

Any news on the second Boss in Slab?

If people cant get to kara you dont have to wonder why there are less and less people online everyday.

I am just raidlogging because its a waste of time to play my alt char if i cant get him to help the guild in kara.
As i said before let gms complete this quest.. or add it to qc till the boss is fixed. Oh wait qc is messed up too...

Please dont ignore this again...find a quick solution.

Dcoshsu

#9 » Post by Dcoshsu » 05 Aug 2017 00:37

I am in the same boat, stuck on Shadow Labs on my alt for his Kara key.

Jiranthos
Admin

#10 » Post by Jiranthos » 05 Aug 2017 00:40

Should be fixed with next update/restart.

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

Dcoshsu

#11 » Post by Dcoshsu » 05 Aug 2017 00:50

What is the fix curiously? Longer time between MC? shorter MC?

Eronox
MVP

#12 » Post by Eronox » 05 Aug 2017 06:08

Dcoshsu wrote:
05 Aug 2017 00:50
What is the fix curiously? Longer time between MC? shorter MC?
https://truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=4968#c13442

- J.R Cash