Blackheart the Inciter

Skembic

Re: Blackheart the Inciter

#16 » Post by Skembic » 29 Sep 2017 16:17

Noone said to make this boss easy and "just nuke it" way. It's simply because if you get this via RDF, usually you need to spend 30 minutes explaining people what to do, not all have gear ready to swap just for 1 boss in RDF when you are queing whole day. Yes there are ways to do this, but i don't wan't to organise party to kill certain boss in dungeon like it's a raid. So, before you start talking how you manage this boss, listen to people that can't do it. And yes, i did this boss, but many times RDF fell apart due to people leaving. Please implement some kind of "fix" that will make it more doable than it is now.
Thank you.

natnat123
Former Staff

#17 » Post by natnat123 » 29 Sep 2017 17:21

Eronox wrote:
29 Sep 2017 15:15
Yes the damageout put by the mindcontrolled players should be altered and lowered, by my suggestion.
allthough this fight can be done, i just ask people to unequip weapons's which works out well. but i just think that nerfing the damage done during MC to account for wowlk damage values being higher would be a good compromise. as for the skippable part, in my opinion, he should not be skippable in heroic like he currently is and allthough i thinkk the same about normal. you should make that one skippable purely to make it easier for people to get the fragment for kara attunement

Dunkelstein

#18 » Post by Dunkelstein » 29 Sep 2017 17:52

Let's not forget that some classes, hunters for example, deal more damage to players in that fight than they should (up to 85% buffed damage in PvE environments).
Targeting is supposed to be more random. It's obvious that someone will die when all 4 players target the same player during MC.
Also unequipping weapons doesn't really do a lot for casters.
Eronox wrote:
29 Sep 2017 15:15
Yes the damageout put by the mindcontrolled players should be altered and lowered, by my suggestion.
+1 this is probably the easiest and quickest way to fix it
Aka Funkelstein

Mickiii

#19 » Post by Mickiii » 22 Oct 2017 21:10

So, did anything happen to this proposal?

IronSharona
Former Staff

#20 » Post by IronSharona » 01 Feb 2018 01:55

There was discussion of this during a recent staff meeting and my understanding is that adjustments will be made, if they haven't already been.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Eronox
MVP

#21 » Post by Eronox » 01 Feb 2018 02:54

No one had the time to do it yet, but it shall be done.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

crichelle

#22 » Post by crichelle » 01 Feb 2018 15:55

I hope he gets a adjustment soon. Running this dungeon is ludicrously painful right now. Heaven help you if you are happen to draw this in a PUG. I have only been playing WoW for a little under a year, but something to me seems off that a mid-stage boss in a 5 man dungeon consistently wipes every group I enter with. I understand that there are specific strats, like logging midfight, unequiping weapons, and changing group comp to deal this, but this isn't a raid boss. Please, as a newer player just trying to grind some rep, I am begging you to tune this nightmare down.

Trancer

#23 » Post by Trancer » 01 Feb 2018 16:03

8-) Soon™ ;)

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

#24 » Post by Errorista » 04 Jul 2018 22:38

4 months ago there was commit which applied PvP damage nerf to dungeons to help nerf Blackheart the Inciters´ MC ability

that is last documented tuning done to this boss

is he still too OP?

flosr1
Donor

#25 » Post by flosr1 » 06 Jul 2018 14:50

i was there like 1 month ago and it still felt kinda hard (most of the group were t4+ geared). that boss should be challenging with dungeon gear but not be kinda hard with full epics. many people don't wanna go shadowlabs. i guess the boss is one reason. same counts for that one mindcontrol boss in blood furnace i guess. i saw groups split up because of that boss.

Dunkelstein

#26 » Post by Dunkelstein » 06 Jul 2018 15:30

I did this boss only once since that change. One person in the group just said "I'll do it" - they managed to somehow freeze the boss. I think they DC'd themselves while the boss was targeting them during mind control. I didn't really see what happened and didn't bother to try to reproduce it.

I guess the bug that makes mind controlled players tend to all target the same person is still the bigger problem here. 4 Players vs 1 PvE geared healer; it takes 1-2 global cds and the healer gets deleted, no matter what the damage multiplier is.

The only way to beat this boss with a random composition is to have a healer with resilience gear, really.

True, physical dps can unequip their weapons before the MC. Blow all your CDs in the beginning (better than during MC), unequip all weapons 10s into the fight. After the first MC the boss usually does 2 Thunderclaps, then MC. So by the second Thunderclap you should have already unequipped all weapons.
Additionally, Hunters can place a freezing trap ontop of the healer or squishy of choice before the MC. Make sure that you put your explosive and snake trap on CD somewhere else so they don't break the ice.

BUT
Dunkelstein wrote:
29 Sep 2017 17:52
Also unequipping weapons doesn't really do a lot for casters.
I guess you can now alternatively just dc yourself :roll:
Aka Funkelstein

IronSharona
Former Staff

#27 » Post by IronSharona » 06 Jul 2018 20:13

The normal difficulty of this boss seems fine, from my experience. Have run him a couple of times lately with no problems and a few non-geared characters. Much worse problems with groups wiping on Vorpil than here.
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Dunkelstein

#28 » Post by Dunkelstein » 06 Jul 2018 21:07

The more gear dps players have, the harder it gets for anyone to survive :D
Aka Funkelstein

Axis
Senior Game Master

#29 » Post by Axis » 03 Oct 2019 11:37

Create a report on the bugtracker if this is still an issue.
Archived.
ImageImageImage
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke.