number of item drops in raids and heroics

flosr1
Donor

number of item drops in raids and heroics

#1 » Post by flosr1 » 10 Jul 2017 11:02

ok, i made already a post on the bugtracker about number of heroic item drops being wrong and different in some dungeons/heroics (sometimes 2 items + nether, sometimes 3 items + nether)
https://truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=6212

but this is more about raids. Gruul drops 2 items + 1 token. HKM drops 1 item + 1 token.
i don't know if this is true, but i heard some rumors it was made like this, to be blizzlike and it was added in a later patch that all 25m raid bosses drop 3 items.
well while i appreciate the effort making this server "blizzlike", lets be honest, this server is not blizzlike in so many ways. the reason why blizzard obviously changed it to 3 items drops was, because they realized that 2 items per boss is not enough for a 25m raid.

even prince in karazhan drops 3 items (which makes sense for the last boss of a raid and it also was like this in retail), but if even he does, its is pretty obvious that 2 items are too low for a 25m raid.

also, i think that the loot from chess event should be made available by opening the chest as long as the chess event is not fixed. i mean lets be realistic this will most likely never happen but there is also no reason to hold back the loot from us, since it is not our fault (not staff's either ofc). just make it available after a number of boss kills, for example attumen, moroes, opera, maiden, kurator.
adding the items to other bosses and keeping the same number of drops per boss does not really make sense, because thats basically "stealing" our loot.

JaskaAnttila

Re: number of item drops in raids and heroics

#2 » Post by JaskaAnttila » 14 Jul 2017 00:45

Yes Buck totally agrees
-Buck 70 warrior
-Blart 70 Shaman
-Primalwow

Deim

#3 » Post by Deim » 14 Jul 2017 02:28

While calling it "stealing items from players" is a bit too far but making them not obtainable is not good. Chess event was meant to be kind of easy, fun and free loot. So I guess adding it as additonal to some boss tables to drop as a 3rd (or 4th considering Prince) piece wouldn't hurt. Alternatively chest could spawn after clearing X bosses as was suggested.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

flosr1
Donor

#4 » Post by flosr1 » 14 Jul 2017 10:27

adding it to another boss as 3rd loot would not be a good solution, since we only get 1 item from chess event like this and we are supposed to get 2 items.

Considering the fact, that avatar loot did not work for a whole month, although multiple people reported it... I do not have much trust in that. I would prefer a chest.

Flooded
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Flooded » 14 Jul 2017 11:19

Avatar's loot did work, but there was a bug involving him being killed after Exarch which resulted in players getting no loot. Similar issue on Romulon and Julianne in Karazhan.

We intend to leave T4 tokens at one per boss until T5 release. If we wanted to be strictly Blizzlike, it would stay this way until T6 release, where it would be increased to TWO tokens per 25 man boss and THREE at the release of Sunwell Plateau.

shadowsilverdk

#6 » Post by shadowsilverdk » 14 Jul 2017 14:04

Now you mention Opera (R&J), when is the loot fixed?. When we killed it Wednesday we again only got 1 piece of loot, and since we had seen a screenshot of a GM giving out loot to another raid to compensate, we also made a ticket, only to be rejected.

Screenshot for reference:
http://i.imgur.com/pdldKs2.jpg

Fárlight

#7 » Post by Fárlight » 14 Jul 2017 14:32

shadowsilverdk wrote:
14 Jul 2017 14:04
Now you mention Opera (R&J), when is the loot fixed?. When we killed it Wednesday we again only got 1 piece of loot, and since we had seen a screenshot of a GM giving out loot to another raid to compensate, we also made a ticket, only to be rejected.

Well.... DTP Group 1 for Karazhan did yesterday Opera event too, but they got 2 loot.
PW:
Farlight level 70 warrior Arms
TW:
I don't have any chars

Rayen

#8 » Post by Rayen » 14 Jul 2017 15:50

Another example of gms bias and favouritism? From what I've heard every other person with that loot bug got their ticket denied. Why is it only certain guild get special attention from certain gm?

Gala

#9 » Post by Gala » 14 Jul 2017 15:53

That's a funny screenshot you got there, im pretty sure thats the same GM that denied us second loot from opera even last week. When will the obvious GM favorism end...?
Galaron - 70 warlock

Eronox
MVP

#10 » Post by Eronox » 14 Jul 2017 16:09

shadowsilverdk wrote:
Now you mention Opera (R&J), when is the loot fixed?
https://truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=6192

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

dantenor86

#11 » Post by dantenor86 » 14 Jul 2017 17:04

Hai mooba here i actually have a suggestion ;)

Since Chess is very hard to code and since we have cross faction it would be kinda fucked anyway.
How about you make the chest spawn in shade of Arans's/chess room after shade is killed that way noone can sneek in and get free loot.
I am cow moooo

Mooba

Deim

#12 » Post by Deim » 14 Jul 2017 17:09

shadowsilverdk wrote:

Hmm thats offtop from this discussion but yeah, here we go again... That kind of situations should be avoided.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

flosr1
Donor

#13 » Post by flosr1 » 14 Jul 2017 18:04

Flooded wrote:
14 Jul 2017 11:19
Avatar's loot did work, but there was a bug involving him being killed after Exarch which resulted in players getting no loot. Similar issue on Romulon and Julianne in Karazhan.

We intend to leave T4 tokens at one per boss until T5 release. If we wanted to be strictly Blizzlike, it would stay this way until T6 release, where it would be increased to TWO tokens per 25 man boss and THREE at the release of Sunwell Plateau.

funny thing you mention avatar's loot worked. in those 5 weeks i am lvl 70 now, i was in AC heroic every day. and i know at least 3 more rogues who where there every day. those 4 people (including me) experienced the same situation. at least 50% of the time we were there (i am pretty sure it was slightly more) the avatar had NO loot at all. it doesn't really matter if it was du to some bug killing him earlier. if you call that working, then you deny the fact that it dit not work at all.

There was a reason blizzard changed that in a later patch, because they realized 2 epic items per 25m boss are not enough. i am not talking about 2 tokens here. read my post properly please. i talked about 3 items as a whole, so 1 token and 2 items maybe or 2 tokens and 1 item, i do not realyl care. just 3 drops. because 2 is obviously not enough.

also fun fact is, that you regularly deny suggestions in the secret tester forum because "it has to be blizzlike" and now you bring an agrument up like this.

and common, i just read the other posts and looked at that screenshot? GM favourism again? i thoght we are through with that topic after last weeks discussions? you guys really want me to take actions on other forums, do you?

Eronox
MVP

#14 » Post by Eronox » 14 Jul 2017 19:20

Romulo & Julianne loot, along with Avatar, was an issue from the very beginning indeed.
I believe I talk for everyone from the staff when I'm telling you that we do sincerely apologize for that.

But as no developer had the time to check these subjects and pinpoint the cause prior to the release, we were kind enough to assist with it during the first few days of karazhan in order to minimize the amount of negatives in the instance itself. I wouldn't say this Game Master did wrong, but I understand how it looked like favourism since of our extra featuring service to make a improved launch result!

Anyways,
Just recently, both these issues got addressed and now are expected to be fixed at the next update so there is literally nothing about to discuss here regarding these subjects.

You people, specially testers since expected too, should've known this already as we update the bugtracker accordingly.

https://truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=5979

Again, useless topics to discuss now when they're to be solved.
Now, let's stay on topic to discuss what to do with the chess event as it is the only useful topic to address here.
Oh and if you got nothing constructive to say, then refrain from saying at all if you may. :)

TL;DR:
- R&J / Avatar loot was distributed at the release for a better gaming experience in instance release, Flooded did nothing but to improve the release experience
(just like how we killed the Curator adds who couldn't be killed)

- Loots are expected to be fixed on next update, useless subjects to discuss atm

- Got nothing positive to post? then don't post at all

- better discuss: What Should we do with the Chess loot?

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

dantenor86

#15 » Post by dantenor86 » 14 Jul 2017 19:21

Eronox wrote:
14 Jul 2017 19:20
Romulo & Julianne loot, along with Avatar, was an issue from the very beginning indeed.
I believe I talk for everyone from the staff when I'm telling you that we do sincerely apologize for that.

But as no developer had the time to check these subjects and pinpoint the cause prior to the release, we were kind enough to assist with it during the first few days of karazhan in order to minimize the amount of negatives in the instance itself. I wouldn't say this Game Master did wrong, but I understand how it looked like favourism since of our extra featuring service to make a improved launch result!

Anyways,
Just recently, both these issues got addressed and now are expected to be fixed at the next update so there is literally nothing about to discuss here regarding these subjects.

You people, specially testers since expected too, should've known this already as we update the bugtracker accordingly.

https://truewow.org/bugs/view.php?id=5979

Again, useless topics to discuss now when they're to be solved.
Now, let's stay on topic to discuss what to do with the chess event as it is the only useful topic to address here.
Oh and if you got nothing positive to say, then refrain from saying at all if you may. :)

TL;DR:
- R&J / Avatar loot was distributed at the release for a better gaming experience in instance release
(just like how we killed the Curator adds who couldn't be killed)

- Loots are expected to be fixed on next update, useless subjects to discuss atm

- Got nothing positive to post? then don't post at all

- better discuss: What Should we do with the Chess loot?
Hai mooba here i actually have a suggestion ;)

Since Chess is very hard to code and since we have cross faction it would be kinda fucked anyway.
How about you make the chest spawn in shade of Arans's/chess room after shade is killed that way noone can sneek in and get free loot.
I am cow moooo

Mooba