Drop rates TBC

Bobins

Re: Drop rates TBC

#16 » Post by Bobins » 17 Jun 2017 14:47

Doctor_J wrote:
17 Jun 2017 12:22
are you actually talking about drops or you talking about xp from actually doing quests since it is known that blizzard increased xp rates from burning crusade quests when wotlkk came out, maybe quest xp needs reducing.
I mean the drops. I know the XP is a bit higher already but If I have to kill 30 mobs to collect 8 eye balls at 1k per kill that would be 30k plus handing in XP. if the drops were increased and I only killed 18 mobs, that 12k less per RNG quest. It all adds up. I was hesitate at nerfing the XP in general, as the gaming community here would probably hang me if I got them nerfed.

Besides, no one wants to kill 37 Worgs to get 10 pelts. It's boring and there is enough to grind with rep and keys. We all like the fact that this is a X1 server but shitty drop rates are, in essence, turning this into a X4 for me at least. If no one else is experiencing this (or are happy with it as it is) then leave it. Once I hit 70 it won't matter anyway. I was just excited about levelling here.
Hellfire has tons of quests, the xp per quest is a big jump from old world, and the first few 60s levels take less than later ones. The OP is both over exaggerating the problem and has only done hellfire, so is ignorrant of how the rest of outland plays out.

If an xp nerf was needed, which Id argue it wasnt, the time has come and gone. An x nerf now is just punishing people new to the realm with most of us already at 70.
I thought you have left the conversation? If you are waiting for me to say good bye, then good bye /wave.

freakout9903

#17 » Post by freakout9903 » 17 Jun 2017 15:31

If you are getting 1k per kill you are rested xp. Did u transfer a toon and start at 60? I quested almost the whole way to 70. Maybe 1 lvl worth of dungeon xp early. The only zone I didn't touch was shadowmoo valley and parts of blades edge.

-Lights

Irri

#18 » Post by Irri » 18 Jun 2017 02:47

Started Hellfire with full rested xp and have accrued at least 10 extra bubbles of rested xp. I have completed 81/90 hellfire quests and 8/54 zangamarsh quests. I have ran blood furnace once. I have just dinged 64.

I assume that the XP per level, and xp per kill/quest is as it was on retail @ 3.3.5, and not as it was 2.x.

Of the quests I've done, I haven't noticed drop rates to be considerably higher or lower than my memory of retail during 3.x. The only thing I've noticed to be higher is blue world boe's.

Bobins

#19 » Post by Bobins » 19 Jun 2017 01:01

I have run about 6 dungeons and done 87/90 of hellfire. I have left hellfire to Kill 55 ogres in Nagrand, so that I can go back to hellifre to hand in the Envoy quest at the Mag'Har. I am just about to ding 65 as I type, with around 48 Ogres left to kill. This is a bug in itself.

To further support my claim about drop rates, the "mysterious Tome" which is dropped by the Unyielding Knights should be more or less guaranteed, as this is designed to be picked up doing a previous quest where you need to kill several of the knights. Again, this likely took over 20 kills. There is only one Horde quest where you would encounter the knights (Make them Listen) and if it doesn't drop then, you would never know about it.

I said in an earlier post (prolly the first) that I am on rested XP.

I cannot speak for others but during my time, the drop rates are miles out. I have no reason to believe this trend won;t continue into Zang which is why I predict a high level exiting that area.

Final Updatefor Hellfire Perninsula:

I have just completed the achieve To Hellfire and Back. I am level 65 and 32%.

Flooded
Former Staff

#20 » Post by Flooded » 19 Jun 2017 18:28

Please report specific quests and quest items which you feel have a low drop rate on our bug tracker.

As far as uncommon and rare equipment drops are concerned, today I've reduced the drop rates of those items - in some cases up to a 50% reduction. You should notice rare equipment being much more rare than previously.

There have also been drop rate changes on other items based on economic movements on the Auction house. These items include various mote drop rates and other items.

Our next focus is adjusting the rate at which mining nodes, herbing nodes, and chests spawn in 5 man dungeons.

Bobins

#21 » Post by Bobins » 21 Jun 2017 12:10

Flooded wrote:
19 Jun 2017 18:28
Please report specific quests and quest items which you feel have a low drop rate on our bug tracker...
Let me stop you right there. It's all quests that drop quest items. Certainly in Hellfire.

The 3.3.5 patch boosted XP to help get players through vanilla and TBC into northend so with a 100% drop rate, the XP is still going to be high. The drop rates here far worse than when the TBC client was first released. Someone in guild commented last night that had gained a quarter of a level doing the quest for raptor ribs, in BEM. Yes, yes, I know someone will pop and say "I got the ribs within 8 kills or something".

In my opinion, with the 3.3.5 client being high XP anyway, the drop rates need to be on the other side of wrong. This would help to give the levelling a more 2.4.3 (or whatever patch) feel.

ccfus

#22 » Post by ccfus » 21 Jun 2017 21:19

The best way to get devs to act on that would be submit to the bug tracker.

https://truewow.org/account-manager will have a place to create an account for the bug tracker;

https://truewow.org/bugs willhave an option on the top bar to submit a bug. If you are making this thread in good faith, I would suggest this route as being the most efficient in enacting change.
-Moral Orel

O:^)

Bobins

#23 » Post by Bobins » 22 Jun 2017 12:32

That would be hours of work and relevelling an alt. The few that have read and responded to the thread declare that the drop rates are fine, which will likely cause the devs to ignore it. Its too late to assist me and I was doing this for up and coming levellers. Oncre I hit 70 the drops dont matter.

Ariel

#24 » Post by Ariel » 22 Jun 2017 14:20

Have you guys not read the countless times he has stated he does not wish to contribute to things getting fixed with bug reports?

This thread just gives me the feeling the OP is saying the game is too hard for them. And they don't care to bother helping solving anything, they just want their demands to be heard.

Seeing how this thread contributes with nothing but the OPs feelings that the game is too hard, yes, the devs will likely ignore it.

Bobins

#25 » Post by Bobins » 22 Jun 2017 18:13

Final Update:

I'm 4 quests short in Zangamarsh and 1.5k rep short of obtaining them. I'm 28% into level 67 and will head straight to netherstorm to finish levelling. This is due to my gear being out of date for my level which is causing problems for me in Dungeons (low DPS). In order for me to compete properly, I will need half decent gear.

Hellfire Perninusal > Zangamarsh > netherstorm.

I was looking forward to outland and think it's a shame.

Deim

#26 » Post by Deim » 22 Jun 2017 19:34

I realy don't get what this post as a whole is supposed to mean. If you were looking for authentic TBC experience there are plenty of servers that offer original TBC xp rates and drop rates more or less because they require TBC client. So there is absolutely no point of doing it. As forumals for exp got changed a in both 2.3.x patches and later on wrath:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Formulas:XP_To_Level

Lemme use a parable:

It's like comming to american style pizza restaurant and bitching u can't get true italian pizza. They are simmilar but not the same and u cannot expect them to be.
TrueWoW - Retired
PrimalWoW - Retired
Rest in pepperoni Crimson
RIP in pepperoni Aftershock
Spokesman of Aftershock in case of any questions/complaints hit me up in game or via PM.

Disclaimer: What I write on behalf guild doesn't always corelate with my own beliefs.

Bobins

#27 » Post by Bobins » 22 Jun 2017 19:52

Deim wrote:
22 Jun 2017 19:34
I realy don't get what this post as a whole is supposed to mean. If you were looking for authentic TBC experience there are plenty of servers that offer original TBC xp rates and drop rates more or less because they require TBC client. So there is absolutely no point of doing it. As forumals for exp got changed a in both 2.3.x patches and later on wrath:
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Formulas:XP_To_Level

Lemme use a parable:

It's like comming to american style pizza restaurant and bitching u can't get true italian pizza. They are simmilar but not the same and u cannot expect them to be.
This is going over people's head.

simple version: Drop rates are too low, up them pls.

End of point.

I was under the impression this section was for discussing this sort thing. If you're going to recommend other private servers to anyone who posts PTR or bug info, you won;t need this section after a while ;-)

Bobins

#28 » Post by Bobins » 03 Jul 2017 19:37

I was wondering if the quest drops rates are going to be looked at some point on primal or not, so I can decide what I am doing.

Thanks for any info.

IronSharona
Former Staff

#29 » Post by IronSharona » 03 Jul 2017 21:57

Until specific issues are documented and reported in the bugtracker, no, we do not plan on making such changes. We have plenty of pressing changes and fixes to create based on already existing reports and upcoming releases. Based on the multiple staff responses you have already received previously: no report = no fix for generic complaints.

Based on the way you expressed the "simplicity" of the issue before, I'm going to give you a bit of dev perspective so you can better understand why we often insist on getting reports before we address the issue. There is not one single "quest item drop rate in OL" number that can be increased to up all quest item drop rates. We would need to know IDs for every single creature that drops a quest item in that map, along with the ID of the quest item, plus the current drop rate for each of those combinations so we can increase it without making it overkill drop. This would be hundreds to thousands of numbers we need to know. Much of it can be automated with SQL by creating Cartesian products between many database tables and filtering down to only the values we need, but it is still a long and slow process to confirm everything selected is correct and the adjustments we make are suitable. Even after changes are applied to test, we must confirm the changes do actually improve the experience as intended and must ensure the submitted fix will not conflict with current fixes. Without player assistance it's simply not feasible nor a good use of our time to jump into such an undertaking, particularly given the queue of existing fixes and development projects in progress.

I hope this helps you to better understand why you've received the response you have. Let us know if you have any further questions!
Welcome to the new decade! Let's hope the Roaring 20's come with just as much jazz, but a bit less prohibition and Great Depression. 8-)

Bobins

#30 » Post by Bobins » 03 Jul 2017 23:20

Until specific issues are documented and reported in the bugtracker, no, we do not plan on making such changes...
I got this far, but thank you.