Imp. Stormstrike

randomknight

Imp. Stormstrike

#1 » Post by randomknight » 23 Apr 2017 14:38

When I use Stormstrike with the Improved Stormstrike talent it does not work correctly and gives only about 5% base mana instead of the 20% base mana stated in the tooltip.

Edit: I've tested with and with out gear that has int on it and both tests have resulted in only a rough 5% return of mana

KohiiKaiju

Re: Imp. Stormstrike

#2 » Post by KohiiKaiju » 23 Apr 2017 15:50

Can you put this on the bugtracker along with the data you collected?

randomknight

#3 » Post by randomknight » 23 Apr 2017 20:46

I just went to gather my information, but I found out that its giving back 20% of base mana (base mana being with out a single point of int at all on your character.) I'm not sure if the mana returned is suppose to scale with your mana pool/int or if base mana is literally only the mana you can have without int.

Nyeriah

#4 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Apr 2017 20:54

It's to supposed to give you base mana (the amount of mana your character has while not wearing any gear and not having any modifiers; e.g no buffs).

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Base_mana

Agame

#5 » Post by Agame » 23 Apr 2017 21:04

Also the Druid's skill Innervate should return 225% base mana over 10 seconds, according to its tooltip. It is an essential skill for druid healers (noobs like me) because usually druids get low on mana only when things got really really wrong (huge pulls). Normally, this means you cast all you can because your mana bar gets filled anyway in a few seconds, no matter what you cast or do not cast during these seconds. It's a sort of "panic button" with some 3 mins cool down if I remember correctly.

But on TW, you get less than 100% mana even if you cast nothing. (Probably 100% of the base mana, IDK) No more panic buttons. Just run if you panic and hope you will get to resurrect people afterwards. But on TW, mobs that got hurt follow you for a much longer distance than on any other servers. (Probably, to facilitate kiting World Boss mobs into cities.) So, even the hope you will escape by running is in vain.

But, since people seem to love TW like it is... If others can play, I can too. Even if the server applies nerfs that made Cataclism unenjoyable in his WotLK realm or something.

Edit: Since in the table on wowwiki they say a lvl 50 druid unbuffed and undressed has only 1000 base mana... Maybe all other servers were bugged and getting less than my actual 2600+ on an Innervate works as intended...
Last edited by Agame on 23 Apr 2017 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Ally for life

Nyeriah

#6 » Post by Nyeriah » 23 Apr 2017 21:16

Agame wrote:
23 Apr 2017 21:04
Also the Druid's skill Innervate should return 225% base mana over 10 seconds, according to its tooltip. It is an essential skill for druid healers (noobs like me) because usually druids get low on mana only when things got really really wrong (huge pulls). Normally, this means you cast all you can because your mana bar gets filled anyway in a few seconds, no matter what you cast or do not cast during these seconds. It's a sort of "panic button" with some 3 mins cool down if I remember correctly.

But on TW, you get less than 100% mana even if you cast nothing. (Probably 100% of the base mana, IDK) No more panic buttons. Just run if you panic and hope you will get to resurrect people afterwards. But on TW, mobs that got hurt follow you for a much longer distance than on any other servers. (Probably, to facilitate kiting World Boss mobs into cities.) So, even the hope you will escape by running is in vain.

But, since people seem to love TW like it is... If others can play, I can too. Even if the server applies nerfs that made Cataclism unenjoyable in his WotLK realm or something.

Innervate is also supposed to give you 225% of your base mana, unless you are naked or very poorly geared it will never get your mana bar complete. It's working as it should currently.

Druids have 3496 base mana at level 80.

225% of 3496 = 7866

Agame

#7 » Post by Agame » 23 Apr 2017 21:29

Yeah, my mistake. I alwais thought base mana includes base intelect. Undress all you have, including trinkets, reset your talents, give up jobs, be unbuffed and those are your base stats. In which case, with me geared for agility and talented for feral cat, mana pool would have been pretty close to base mana. Modified only by the Mark of the Wild and food with stats, probably.

I was wrong. Of course I remember it being different on other servers, but that can mean either they used the old 450% with longer cooldown version of Innervate (pre 3.2. patch), either they were simply having a bug/wrong setting.

Well, too bad. Sorry for hijacking someone else's thread. Please delete my posts and the answer to me if you think they do not belong here.
Ally for life