Zone Testers wanted.

.Venna
Donor

Zone Testers wanted.

#1 » Post by .Venna » 30 Jan 2017 09:55

As we know, Primalwow is going to the Burning Crusade in June. To ensure everyone has the best possible experience we need to test the new zones extensively.

We test as many things as we can in each zone:
Quests to make sure they work as they should. Using the addon Everyquest, we can be sure we have done every quest in each zone.
Mobs - their spells, their drops/droprates, pathing, roleplay. We check these while questing - this ensures that we check every mob in each zone.
Rare mobs, specifically, need to be checked.
Professions - mining and herbalism nodes, fishing, cooking drops and first aid.
Class Quests.

Zones requiring testing are:
  • - [ :tick: ] Azuremyst Isle PRIORITY - QUESTS/MOBS Lhotsegirl
    - [ :tick: ] Azuremyst Isle PRIORITY - RARES VanillaPVE
    - [ :tick: ] Azuremyst Isle PRIORITY - NODES VanillaPVE
    - [ :tick: ] Azuremyst Isle PRIORITY - OTHER VanillaPVE
    - [ :tick: ] Bloodmyst Isle PRIORITY - QUESTS/MOBS Deim
    - [ :tick: ] Bloodmyst Isle PRIORITY - NODES VanillaPVE
    - [ :tick: ] Bloodmyst Isle PRIORITY - OTHER VanillaPVE
    - [ :tick: ] Eversong Woods PRIORITY - QUESTS/MOBS .Venna
    - [ :tick: ] Eversong Woods PRIORITY - NODES VanillaPVE
    - [ :tick: ] Eversong Woods PRIORITY - OTHER VanillaPVE
    - [ :tick: ] Ghostlands PRIORITY - QUESTS/MOBS .Venna
    - [ :tick: ] Ghostlands PRIORITY - RARES .Venna
    - [ :tick: ] Ghostlands PRIORITY - NODES VanillaPVE
    - [ :tick: ] Ghostlands PRIORITY - OTHER VanillaPVE

- [ :tick: ] Hellfire Peninsula - HORDE .Venna
    - [ :tick: ] Hellfire Peninsula - ALLIANCE Quietly
    - [ ] Hellfire Peninsula - NODES
    - [ :tick: ] Hellfire Peninsula - MOBS
    - [ ] Zangamarsh - HORDE
    - [ :tick: ] Zangamarsh - ALLIANCE + NEUTRAL Longi
    - [ :tick: ] Zangamarsh - NODES Longi
    - [ :tick: ] Zangamarsh - MOBS Longi
    - [ :tick: ] Nagrand - HORDE x00er00
    - [ :tick: ] Nagrand - ALLIANCE x00er00
    - [ :tick: ] Nagrand - NODES x00er00
    - [ :tick: ] Nagrand - MOBS x00er00
    - [ :tick: ] Blade's Edge Mountain - HORDE x00er00
    - [ :tick: ] Blade's Edge Mountain - ALLIANCE + NEUTRAL Mylea
    - [ :tick: ] Blade's Edge Mountain - NODES x00er00
    - [ :tick: ] Blade's Edge Mountain - MOBS Mylea
    - [ ] Terokkar Forest - HORDE
    - [ ] Terokkar Forest - ALLIANCE iaxx
    - [ ] Terokkar Forest - NODES
    - [ ] Terokkar Forest - MOBS
    - [ :tick: ] Shadowmoon Valley - HORDE + NEUTRAL Timeconsumer
    - [ ] Shadowmoon Valley - ALLIANCE Lhotsegirl
    - [ ] Shadowmoon Valley - NODES
    - [ :tick: ] Shadowmoon Valley - MOBS Timeconsumer
    - [ :tick: ] Netherstorm - HORDE Deim
    - [ :tick: ] Netherstorm - ALLIANCE Deim
    - [ :tick: ] Netherstorm - NODES Deim
    - [ :tick: ] Netherstorm - MOBS Deim

If you would like to be part of the ZONE TESTING team, please reply here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little run down of what is expected for zone testing.

First up, you need the Add On Everyquest. https://www.wowace.com/projects/everyquest/files/417247 This enables us to be sure we have checked every quest in each zone.

Next, you need to have open in another window http://wotlk.openwow.com/items. This is to check each mob is casting the correct spells and dropping the right items. Check every mob.

Here is an excerpt of one of my reports:
  • Darnassian Scout - ok
    Prospector Anvilward - ok
    Springpaw Stalker npc=15651 - did not use ability spell=24450 Prowl. I don't think you should be able to see these mobs just running around, they should be stealthed before combat.
    Crazed Dragonhawk npc=15650 - did not use spell=34889 Fire Breath
    Grimscale Seer npc=15950 - did not use spell=20802 Lightning Bolt
    Grimscale Murloc npc=15668 - did not use spell=26661 Fear. However, I am not sure they are supposed to. I think when Mmmrrrggglll dies, they are all supposed to run about in fear and this spell may be to do with that. Regardless, they did not use it.
    Mmmrrrggglll npc=15937 - did not use spell=12058 Chain Lightning, spell=21030 Frost Shock or spell=12491 Healing Wave (although I may have killed him too fast for the heal as I had him feared a lot). Also on his death all the Grimscale Seer npc=15950 and Grimscale Murloc npc=15668 in the vicinity are supposed to run around in fear for a few seconds but this did not happen.
    Wretched Hooligan - ok
    Wretched Thug - ok
    Aldaron - ok
    Old Whitebark - ok
    Withered Green Keeper npc=15637 - did not use spell=13584 Strike
    Angershade npc=15656 - did not use spell=8599 Enrage
    Rotlimb Marauder - ok
    Gharsul the Remorseless - ok (couldn't find any information on him, as long as he doesn't have any abilities, he is fine)
    Ether Fiend - ok
Notice that npc item numbers and spell numbers are used for things that need to be corrected.

Post in this thread which zone, area and faction you want to test. For instance I am currently working on Horde side Hellfire Peninsula, quests and mobs. I am not doing professions, mining and herb nodes, class quests or dungeon quests. Neither do I test Alliance only quests or mobs. But when an Alliance tester comes along, they won't need to be testing most of the mobs as I have already tested them. Once you have a report ready, pm it to me.

Here is a link to a youtube channel of how most of the quest in outlands should look. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs0b-R ... A95uIvTAVg (thanks mylea)

Make a character on the PTR. You will probably want to change the level to match the zone you are testing use [.character level [$playername] [#level].] Give yourself a few bags - [.additem 51809 4] (portable hole). Use openwow to find heirloom gear.

You will want a mount, I just bought mine as fancy ones are usually needing level 70.
A _very_ handy spell you can use to get around is .tele <placename> .tele shattrath will put you next tot he flight master in shattrath. you can go anywhere in the world with this as long as you know the name. Spaces and punctuation is just left out. Be careful though, I once put myself in the middle of the Stormwind throne room as a level 13 horde. It wasn't pretty.
If you do die, you can use .revive and you'll just pop up.
A handy macro is .damage <value> I use 10000 for this. Once you have tested each mob, you can just kill them with this to complete your quests. Sometimes you need to let a mob hit on you a while to be sure it isn't using the spells.

Have at it! Have fun - gm commands make everything awesome! Also, others may be online, check and chat with us!
Australian Tauren Resto Druid.
Primalwow.

Errorista
Issue Tracker Leader

Re: Zone Testers wanted.

#2 » Post by Errorista » 30 Jan 2017 09:58

werent some zones already tested? :o

.Venna
Donor

#3 » Post by .Venna » 30 Jan 2017 10:46

I've done the quests and mobs in Eversong and Ghostlands, but the mining and herbalism nodes, professions and rares need testing there.
Primalwow.

x00er00

#4 » Post by x00er00 » 31 Jan 2017 00:36

Would look forward to the chance to be a part of the zone tester team ( i especially have an in deep knowledge of outland chain quests - farming them for loremaster of outland plenty of times )....
Kind regards.
mAtHzZ

Lhotsegirl
Donor

#5 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 31 Jan 2017 01:19

I'm happy to roll a dranaei shaman and have a play testing on azuremyst and bloodmyst. I've done this about three times on retail in those areas...

Not sure when you wish for one to start, but I am on leave all this week, and then I can offer 2/4 hours most evenings UK time to explore every area and level here.

Been on this server on and off for several years so am not going anywhere fast :-) Slowest leveller in town here... :-) If speed is your need then... I'll just play...

Regards,

Krystyna
RETIRED FROM TRUEWOW & PRIMAL
--------------------------------------------

.Venna
Donor

#6 » Post by .Venna » 31 Jan 2017 02:13

x00er00 wrote:
Lhotsegirl wrote:
Welcome aboard! I have edited the first post to help you get started.
Primalwow.

x00er00

#7 » Post by x00er00 » 31 Jan 2017 02:58

Hey Venna,
As seen that Draenei starter area is on priority i could help krystyna with it ... altough my main area of expertise would be the outlands in particular / alliance quest hubs/neutral quest hubs / chain quest sequence / particularities on the herbarium of the outlands as i call it :)
So krystyna if u need help give a shout ....
Ill make sure the outlands /quests/zones/faction specific stuff..
mAtHzZ

.Venna
Donor

#8 » Post by .Venna » 31 Jan 2017 03:09

x00er00 wrote:Hey Venna,
As seen that Draenei starter area is on priority i could help krystyna with it ... altough my main area of expertise would be the outlands in particular / alliance quest hubs/neutral quest hubs / chain quest sequence / particularities on the herbarium of the outlands as i call it :)
So krystyna if u need help give a shout ....
Ill make sure the outlands /quests/zones/faction specific stuff..
mAtHzZ
May I suggest you start on Nagrand? Do alliance side - make sure you get those big quest chains and the ones that start the mag'har equivilent faction.

I'll be online on Diane in half an hour or so, so you can chat with me then if you want.
Primalwow.

VanillaPVE

#9 » Post by VanillaPVE » 31 Jan 2017 04:10

I get how the report is supposed to look like for mobs, but what about the various nodes? For example this is a listing for all the fel iron mineral veins. http://wotlk.openwow.com/object=181555 Would someone have to manually put all those coordinates into TOMTOM, or similar addon to track coordinates, or is there a system already set up for that? I assume you are testing to see if it works, obviously. But if it is not there, say another tester mined it, do you stand by and test the times to see how long it takes to respawn? Do you force spawn it somehow? For testing nodes, what are you looking for exactly and what is the process?

.Venna
Donor

#10 » Post by .Venna » 31 Jan 2017 08:33

VanillaPVE wrote:I get how the report is supposed to look like for mobs, but what about the various nodes? For example this is a listing for all the fel iron mineral veins. http://wotlk.openwow.com/object=181555 Would someone have to manually put all those coordinates into TOMTOM, or similar addon to track coordinates, or is there a system already set up for that? I assume you are testing to see if it works, obviously. But if it is not there, say another tester mined it, do you stand by and test the times to see how long it takes to respawn? Do you force spawn it somehow? For testing nodes, what are you looking for exactly and what is the process?
Nodes can be annoying - to test them generally you just have to see they are able to be picked/mined, they are not double-spawned or have any obvious problem. Problems I have run across over my testing career are nodes out of reach (floating in mid air above tree height has happened!); respawning immediately they are picked, nodes underground, clumping, inappropriate materials dropping from mines or wrong species in the wrong zones (eg mithril in Durotar!). I am not sure what other problems may occur.

What I would suggest you do is check nodes are working in a way that you think seems normal. That is the best we can do as testers. Anything that is outside of that is reported for the devs to work with. The thing is, they don't know there is a problem until/unless it is reported. I am not sure how many run through a zone you would need to have covered most of the nodes, five or six? No one else should be farming - if anyone wants stuff they can use .additem to get it for profession testing.

Nodes not being there may not be a problem - generally zones have a limit on how many nodes are spawned at any one time. For example, Eversong Woods may have a limit of 5 peacebloom, 10 silverleaf and 2 mageroyal. OR they may be limited as 17 herbalism nodes active at any one time for the zone. I don't know which way the are done here but as long as there are enough, not excessive or too few, it will be fine.
Primalwow.

Lhotsegirl
Donor

#11 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 31 Jan 2017 12:28

Hello .Venna/all,

Thanks for this... there goes my day off LOL... I've never tested before but I'll have a good go and do my best. I think I've got a gist of the above advice with the addon and openwow which I've never used before, but that's fine, I'll pick up quickly.

I'm really pleased to be having a go as a tester for the server.

Firstly, shower, eat, drink, prepare and I'll shall get started in the next hour or so. I shall report back after each session.

The shaman dranaei toon I've created is "Chogori" if anyone wants to shout... ^_^

Regards,

Krystyna

Lhotsegirl
Donor

#12 » Post by Lhotsegirl » 31 Jan 2017 12:43

x00er00 wrote: So krystyna if u need help give a shout ....
mAtHzZ

Awesome, thanks... I should be okay.. but it looks like you are destined for a higher realm as Lord .Venna commands, but I'm okay as a lowly pauper as my life destination, toiling the fields etc... Hows my role play going ;-)

VanillaPVE

#13 » Post by VanillaPVE » 01 Feb 2017 00:34

I have printed out maps for the copper, peacebloom, silverleaf, and earthroot in Azuremyst Isle. I will make a toon on the PTR and start with the copper ore.

As a side note how do you find the item numbers. Using "51809 4" for the portable hole as an example...I don't see that number when I look it up the portable hole on openwow.

Jiranthos
Admin

#14 » Post by Jiranthos » 01 Feb 2017 00:44

Longi has made a nice template for Zangarmarsh, if it's useful to you guys.
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=36979

Everybody knows that the best way to describe the ocean to a blind man is to push him in

VanillaPVE

#15 » Post by VanillaPVE » 01 Feb 2017 01:13

I have a toon on the PTR by the name of Nodetester. when I try to get to Azuremyst it says I have to have the Burning Crusade installed. Now I have taken a look at my account settings and when I do change it to BC, it goes back to Vanilla as soon as I leave the screen. Is this happening because all my toons are on Primal?