Crowd Control/Diminishing Returns on Bosses

photonman

Crowd Control/Diminishing Returns on Bosses

#1 » Post by photonman » 07 Sep 2015 14:16

I am not quite sure how it was in retail, but I found that dungeon bosses are easily crowd controlled, without any diminishing returns.

One example is, as a protection paladin in Stratholme, I can chain-fear the bosses (Rivendare and Balnazzar) with Turn Evil, instead of tanking. The spell is spammable, the fear doesn't easily break, and it's always full duration. This makes the encounters trivial. Entangling Roots from druids work as well.

1. Is it intended for these spells to work on bosses? I never played retail WotLK, but I remember that up to TBC bosses used to be immune against almost any CC.
2. Is diminishing returns impelemented correctly? I remember Fear being only usable three times on the same mob until the mob becomes immune.

.aspirine101

Re: Crowd Control/Diminishing Returns on Bosses

#2 » Post by .aspirine101 » 07 Sep 2015 22:02

Hi. Retail WotLK player here.

1) No, it is not intended for CC spells to work on bosses with some very minor exceptions. I remember back on retail there was a boss in SM:GY I think that we could CC and I was real surprised by that. It wasn't a bug, I could always CC him on later runs too. However most of the low level bosses, and ALL of the 30+ level bosses are completely immune to any form of CC. Heck you couldn't even Death Grip them if I recall correctly.

2) Back on WotLK there was no diminishing returns for CC on mobs. For players it was since vanilla ofc. But diminishing returns for mobs was either a MoP or WoD mechanic.

Conjure

#3 » Post by Conjure » 07 Sep 2015 23:44

In Vanilla/BC/Wotlk. You could keep a mob cc'd. Some bosses were stun-lockable. Heck, some even kite-able. Yes, in some cases it's ridiculous on a dungeon boss. Somethings need a polish, but in my opinion we need to focus on the raids. Rather than the dungeons right now.

Dungeon Dan

#4 » Post by Dungeon Dan » 08 Sep 2015 01:26

The Dungeons need an improvement by far. I view that the current state of mobs running away at a high rate of speed, is causing somewhat of dismay. Mobs need a work on their abilities also, being able to spam such spells should not be allowed. We're after the real Dungeon experience here right? At this time, it's an issue that the population is on the low side. So forth, information isn't gathered as quick to improve the server itself. Perhaps the staffing for Primal is split by working on TrueWoW wotlk content also. That could explain the time is takes for fixing such issues.

Apathetic

#5 » Post by Apathetic » 08 Sep 2015 04:51

2) Back on WotLK there was no diminishing returns for CC on mobs. For players it was since vanilla ofc. But diminishing returns for mobs was either a MoP or WoD mechanic.
This isn't completely true. There should be DR on a few categories of spells such as stuns, horrors and silences; but for the most part there should be no DR for crowd control spells on mobs.
Parallel

Snow22

#6 » Post by Snow22 » 08 Sep 2015 06:09

I feel like I'v been doing rivendare the hard way healing through that crap!

I noticed that all the orges in dire maul are cc-able. spam cc-able even. I'v never done it on retail outside of running through it once for the achiev like late wrath so no idea if its normal. Rivendare def immune to cc I thought though. God damn like 2nd hardest to heal boss in dungeons right now to. Sweet fight though.

Always report on bug tracker by the way. As said with current pop it needs to be caught by someone. I thought my own guild was reporting bugs we found in raids, but just using tickets instead. Bugtracker is for bugs. Not tickets. So ye