Buying Gold with Realmoney

Fice94
Donor

Buying Gold with Realmoney

#1 » Post by Fice94 » 22 Jul 2015 20:21

Hey,
So I just checked the Auctionhouse and saw that Spectral Tigers are for Sale on it. (Pets from the Votesystem too)
Since you can pretty much buy it for 10€ with donating you pretty much can buy Gold with real money on this server.
Should this Method be allowed? Discuss.

PS: Sorry if its the wrong Section didn't found a fitting one
Zen - 60 Undead Mage <Crimson>
Pyroblast - Crit! - Aggro - Blink - Frostnova - WIPE

.Zsombee

Re: Buying Gold with Realmoney

#2 » Post by .Zsombee » 22 Jul 2015 20:40

10 euros for 300 gold which you can farm in some hours. If you want a fully crafted (which is not even preraid BiS gear), enchanted char with epic riding and dual proffs, it will cost you atleast 100 euros. If you really want to spend that much money then go ahead, but I have a bad news for you. Also ppl can't even sell those Spectral Tigers for that much, so in the end it will take even more money.

.ithril11

#3 » Post by .ithril11 » 23 Jul 2015 10:50

Currently Swift Spectral Tigers, and Spectral Tigers do not sell very often on the AH. In addition those prices are constantly dropping. I know friends who have picked it up for 200g.

It's a very expensive method to "buy gold" when it takes a few hours to get to that same amount.

Elvardo

#4 » Post by Elvardo » 23 Jul 2015 10:54

Still i think these should be BOP items :).

Roel
Founder

#5 » Post by Roel » 23 Jul 2015 11:28

Actually I think it prevents gold scamming, many players would be happy to sell their 300g for 10 euro. Better to donate it to the server than some scammers taking advantage of it. However this method doesn't inflate gold into the market as the gold needs to come from other players.