Corpses despawn too fast

.fornever

Corpses despawn too fast

#1 » Post by .fornever » 20 Jul 2015 19:37

Hi, i'm not sure if this is brought up before( checked forum, no hits), but i have a lot of issues with corpses despawning way too quickly. When you killed a group of mobs and make some room in your bag, you lose the loot if you can't loot quick enough. Would be nice if you could have them stay on the floor 30sec longer or something.

.CoolFangs

Re: Corpses despawn too fast

#2 » Post by .CoolFangs » 20 Jul 2015 19:39

Agreed, I've had several instances where I killed a mob, but then got killed by another mob and the corpse was already gone by the time I made it back to my corpse.

Gawerty
Donor

#3 » Post by Gawerty » 21 Jul 2015 17:32

I wouldn't call this a big issue, but it would be nice if it was looked into, it would help.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return.
Main Character: Shadraex - Paladin - Horde

Fice94
Donor

#4 » Post by Fice94 » 22 Jul 2015 00:35

I've got the same Issue.. killing a Mob other one aggros killing him to first mob despawned without loot.
Guess the despawntimer should atleast doubled!
Zen - 60 Undead Mage <Crimson>
Pyroblast - Crit! - Aggro - Blink - Frostnova - WIPE

FussyMath

#5 » Post by FussyMath » 27 Jul 2015 14:40

It's very annoying, and frustrating how fast mobs despawn. Today I had to kill a questmob 3 times, because everytime I was too late to cast an item on him. He despawned before I could get rid of the other mobs around him.

Arneld

#6 » Post by Arneld » 27 Jul 2015 18:54

Yeah, I agree.
+1

.Magicono

#7 » Post by .Magicono » 28 Jul 2015 03:03

Have had this happen fairly frequently. The only reason I can see for this being a thing is to keep server load down by reducing "unnecessary" clutter like corpses around the world, but this seems negligible.

.r00ty

#8 » Post by .r00ty » 03 Aug 2015 16:46

The issue here I think is an age old TrinityCore (and actually all the current cores) one.

The respawn time is tied in with the corpse despawn time due to the same creature object being re-used. As opposed to the way it's done on retail servers where the creature dies and despawns and the respawn is not linked to the previous creature object at all. Hence it's possible to have an unlooted corpse on the ground while the same named creature is respawned. This isn't possibly in Trinitycore (except for temporary summoned creatures).

So, I doubt you'll see a real solution in the short term.

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Aug 2015 16:47

The corpse despawn time for creatures has been increased to 2 minutes up from 1 minute.

Cleofatra

#10 » Post by Cleofatra » 03 Aug 2015 17:58

Admins be praised! :)

FussyMath

#11 » Post by FussyMath » 03 Aug 2015 19:49

Nyeriah wrote:The corpse despawn time for creatures has been increased to 2 minutes up from 1 minute.
Good to hear! :D

eugewo

#12 » Post by eugewo » 04 Feb 2017 21:12

Bump. I know it's been like two years. But just confirmed that despawn after looting is 30sec, and despawn unlooted is 1min. Can we get a look into this to see if it's still really 2mins or I'm just crazy?

Eronox
MVP

#13 » Post by Eronox » 06 Feb 2017 21:09

eugewo wrote:Bump. I know it's been like two years. But just confirmed that despawn after looting is 30sec, and despawn unlooted is 1min. Can we get a look into this to see if it's still really 2mins or I'm just crazy?
Errorista wrote: despawn time can be set for each creature differently, unless reporter provide some names of NPCs there is nothing I can do about it

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash