About Drops & Drop Rates

elvisrooy

About Drops & Drop Rates

#1 » Post by elvisrooy » 15 Jul 2015 15:49

Ok dudes i dont know if it's really a bug but are the drop rates buffed in this server? i just hitted to Crossroad and started to do my quests and even before i done with plainstrider one my bag got fulled in 2 mins and i had like 20 free space. almost all striders drop the same cloak etc. also there are really many chests, ore nods etc. as well. really much more than vanilla and lich king times as i remember. this should be fixed cos visiting vendors in every 5 or 10 minutes will be boring after a while.

Nyeriah

Re: About Drops & Drop Rates

#2 » Post by Nyeriah » 15 Jul 2015 15:51

Most loot tables are parsed from WoWhead, so there might indeed be some cases where the values have been set wrong. Please name the mobs that drop incorrect loot so the developers can have a look at it.

.Xannidel

#3 » Post by .Xannidel » 15 Jul 2015 15:59

I do not think it has to do with 'incorrect' loot tables, it sounds more like the mobs just drop a higher number of loot than expected.

.doctorwho

#4 » Post by .doctorwho » 15 Jul 2015 18:20

There are a couple of places with mobs like that. The Harpies in the one canyon in Durotar filled up my bags pretty quick with all of them dropping the same pieces of gear. On the plus side, it did add some cash when I sold it all. ;)

The only wrong loot I've seen are the Blue Pearls dropping from ordinary low level clams. Their only use is for a quest in the Badlands, and are only supposed to be found in STV in clams that are near the murlocs underwater. The problem is that the loot tables tend to favor these basically useless pearls over ones needed for crafting, like iridescent, etc.

.Sorrugis

#5 » Post by .Sorrugis » 20 Jul 2015 03:51

Blue Pearls are also used for flash bombs. Please don't nerf them!

Elvardo

#6 » Post by Elvardo » 20 Jul 2015 13:33

Also the trolls in STV drops a lot of blue, i could ofc. just be lucky, but i got like 5 blues within 20 minutes, one mob even dropped 2 blues.

More specifically the troll ruins near Grom Gol.