Sota turret damage.

Aasamath

Sota turret damage.

#1 » Post by Aasamath » 15 Jul 2015 23:40

I'm trying to uderstand what's wrong with sota atm. More specifically i felt something was wrong when being on passenger seat of a tank didn't prevent me from behind two shoted by a turret which never happened to me on retail. So i thought maybe players in passengers where immune to the turret, but i couldn't find anything going that way. Then i looked at the turret themselves that seem to create a no man's land under the gates. So i looked into it and find this

First problem is that they do not use fall off damage. Fall off damage means that when shooting your rocket, he closer your target is from the impact, the more damage it does.
"Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20):
Antipersonnel Turrets will now gain vehicle immunities, use falloff damage, and damage increased to 4000 + 200 per level to compensate for falloff."

Second problem is the damage itself. I quote again wowwiki
"The closer the target is to where the rocket lands the more damage it will take. Up to 6000 dmg against a tank and 3000 against a player"

It seems that the damage forumla for the damage calculation "4000+200 per level" doesn't work from 1-80 but from 70-80 (lvls when the bg is avaible)
that would explain the quote talking about 6k damage on tanks at lvl 80
from 70 to 80 there are 10 levels so formula gives
4000 + (20 x 10) = 6000

Now it also looks like that damages againt players are halved since the quote says 3k damage on players

Tank being already hard to kill with turret only, a damage nerf would make things worse, but tanks seem to have a bug too
"The Demolisher has 80,000 HP at level 80" states wowwiki but on our server it seems to scale with the players ilvl and also if i remember right, health increases with the number of passenger.
(note that a patchnote mentionned an hp boost on demolisher and turrets, i don't know if the 80k hp is before or after this patch.

Another matter is turret range
"On Defense, defend your east and west GY's with a furor. The turrets on the Red and Purple walls can shoot players that are trying to capture them making it very easy for 1 person to defend a GY"

all quotes come from http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Strand_of_the_Ancients

I didn't make a bug report because this feels like a rough draft, informations are very scarce so i want to put it up for discussion to try and gather more proofs of what should and what shouldn't be. ilvl may also have a role in all of this but i didn't find anything about it, maybe someone has that info and could link it.