Development Q&A July/2015

Nyeriah

Development Q&A July/2015

#1 » Post by Nyeriah » 01 Jul 2015 05:18

DEVELOPMENT
Q&A
This is our Development Question & Answers thread. Ever had any questions regarding our server's development you'd like to ask? Is there something from the change logs that wasn't introduced clearly enough? Would you like to know the development status on something specific? Ask it here.

In general, this is the first stop on end-line community feedback. Here you'll have the opportunity to contact the ones working on your server directly and we'll be addressing your questions at the best of our capabilities.

This thread will follow certain rules that go as-is to remain always on-topic:
  • - This thread will be reset monthly and every reply removed. Relevant and frequently asked questions will be quoted in the first post.
    - Try to be specific and clear on your posts so they can be addressed efficiently. Badly formulated questions may not be addressed.
    - Off-topic will not be tolerated and will be removed very briefly.

cherno666

Re: Development Q&A

#2 » Post by cherno666 » 01 Jul 2015 09:28

official RS25hc release date is 20th july?
Chernoo - lvl 80 MM Hunter (Main Char)
Eviltities - lvl 80 DK Tonk
Cherniggar - lvl 80 UH DK
Chernomoffo - lvl 80 Shadow Priest
Chernokingg - lvl 80 Disc Priest
Chernobull - lvl 80 Boomie/Feral Dps Druid
Chernomoo - lvl 80 Boomie/Resto Druid
Hollyboner - lvl 80 ProtHoly/Ret Paladin
Hollycherno - lvl 80 Prot/Holy Paladin
Belewonnabe - lvl 80 Prot/Ret Paladin
Chernobylus - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Evilsmile - lvl 80 Demo Warlock
Onlyforbl - lvl 80 Resto/Ele Shaman
Friedpan - lvl 80 FFB Mage
Chermoo - lvl 80 Fury/Prot Warrior

*Proudly Married to Liqueur*

Fretykso

#3 » Post by Fretykso » 01 Jul 2015 11:25

I have a question :

I know you have a lot of work to do and blah blah. I'm just wondering why almost none of my bug reports got fixed. For example there are some bs, jc and lw recipes missing - they don't drop from mobs in Sunwell Plateau at all (not even listed in TW armory as dropping anywhere) . So I'm wondering if maybe you'll tell me if it is really that hard to add a loot to the loot table. Cause it seems to me like an easy thing to do and I don't understand why it takes few months or so? Or am I just wrong and it is actually hard to fix a recipe to be dropped by mobs? I admit don't know much about how the fixing process is made.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Hansrutger » 03 Jul 2015 01:16

This is actually a serious question, I'm not trolling when I ask this:
- Will SM proc ever be buffed to a higher procentage?

: D
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Nyeriah

#5 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Jul 2015 01:21

cherno666 wrote:official RS25hc release date is 20th july?
Yes.
Fretykso wrote:I have a question :

I know you have a lot of work to do and blah blah. I'm just wondering why almost none of my bug reports got fixed. For example there are some bs, jc and lw recipes missing - they don't drop from mobs in Sunwell Plateau at all (not even listed in TW armory as dropping anywhere) . So I'm wondering if maybe you'll tell me if it is really that hard to add a loot to the loot table. Cause it seems to me like an easy thing to do and I don't understand why it takes few months or so? Or am I just wrong and it is actually hard to fix a recipe to be dropped by mobs? I admit don't know much about how the fixing process is made.

Loot is in general an easy thing to fix, you just need to find what mobs drop it and the chance they drop it. The problem is, I believe these issues have dropped in a low priority queue, and that's why they haven't been fixed it.

Hansrutger
Former Staff

#6 » Post by Hansrutger » 03 Jul 2015 01:44

Hansrutger wrote:This is actually a serious question, I'm not trolling when I ask this:

^ Actual question... -.-' The ": D" in the end was because you're probably annoyed by people crying but I want an honest answer at least ...

EDIT: Didn't see that posts got "off-topic" marked. Delete this post :I
Retired

I'd say that trying is the best one can do in order to higher themselves from the people crying and only complaining. Whilst you try, it doesn't mean it is always going to be the most successful result but I'd like to think that it is still a better choice than standing idle.

TrueWoW main: Palamaster

Relina

#7 » Post by Relina » 03 Jul 2015 02:57

Relina wrote:[OFF-TOPIC]

Since this thread has turned into a wishing fountain: WTB a merge with Atlantiss, so that we don't have to develop a cata realm :P.
Even though I worded it poorly, I'm asking something quite relevant in regards to the long term plans for the development of the server.

What are the plans for progression once we have finally released all WotLK raids (RS 25hc being the last), will we stagnate on WotLK forever, are there plans to maybe develop a cataclysm core or has this issue not been discussed among the staff ?
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

Nyeriah

#8 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Jul 2015 03:44

Relina wrote:
Relina wrote:[OFF-TOPIC]

Since this thread has turned into a wishing fountain: WTB a merge with Atlantiss, so that we don't have to develop a cata realm :P.
Even though I worded it poorly, I'm asking something quite relevant in regards to the long term plans for the development of the server.

What are the plans for progression once we have finally released all WotLK raids (RS 25hc being the last), will we stagnate on WotLK forever, are there plans to maybe develop a cataclysm core or has this issue not been discussed among the staff ?
There are no plans of moving to another expansion. The times we did discuss moving to another expansion it was mostly voted down. We believe to have more future as a WotLK expansion that hoards players interested in WotLK than we would have as a Cataclysm server seeing how the public seems displeased with the expansions that came after WotLK.

Nyeriah

#9 » Post by Nyeriah » 03 Jul 2015 03:50

Hansrutger wrote:This is actually a serious question, I'm not trolling when I ask this:

As I said in the previous thread I, Nyeriah, have no intentions of touching the SM proc chance again due to how unease the community seems to be regarding it.

The proc chance currently is the same there was before anything had been applied and that is 20%.

Additionally, the charges can still be obtained through Consecration, Cleave, these spells.

Ragnorak
Donor

#10 » Post by Ragnorak » 03 Jul 2015 06:47

Does the development team plan on tackling the scripting of the faction leader bosses? At the moment the faction leaders are a simple tank and spank fight however there are several sources that prove that this was not the case on retail during WotLK. For example Cairne has knockback abilities that are capable of throwing people off Thunder Bluff and knocking the tank out of aggro range causing him to reset if Cairne isn't tanked properly. Sylvanas has the ability to vanish and summon a bunch of skeletons, and Vol'jin has an AoE Hex ability. Also Magni Bronzebeard was considered one of the toughest faction leaders to kill due to all his abilities.

Here are some sources that I found...
http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-o ... -bear.html
https://tankthat.wordpress.com/tag/cairne/

And these are some sources I found for Magni Bronzebeard and the Goblin leader
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Magni_Bronzebeard
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/High_Tinker_Gelbin_Mekkatorque
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

benzviliran

#11 » Post by benzviliran » 03 Jul 2015 07:56

Ragnorak wrote:Does the development team plan on tackling the scripting of the faction leader bosses? At the moment the faction leaders are a simple tank and spank fight however there are several sources that prove that this was not the case on retail during WotLK. For example Cairne has knockback abilities that are capable of throwing people off Thunder Bluff and knocking the tank out of aggro range causing him to reset if Cairne isn't tanked properly. Sylvanas has the ability to vanish and summon a bunch of skeletons, and Vol'jin has an AoE Hex ability. Also Magni Bronzebeard was considered one of the toughest faction leaders to kill due to all his abilities.

Here are some sources that I found...
http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-o ... -bear.html
https://tankthat.wordpress.com/tag/cairne/

And these are some sources I found for Magni Bronzebeard and the Goblin leader
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Magni_Bronzebeard
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/High_Tinker_Gelbin_Mekkatorque

i have brought this up couple of times, also king varian wrynn is supposed to be pretty taugh should have atleast 3 abillities:

1)heroic leap which varian use to jump into the air and land a slam on all enemies within 5 yards for 50% weapon dmg and stun them for 2 sec and he should also do this very often so its pretty imba.

2)whirlwind should instantly hit all nearby enemies for 100% weapon dmg.

3) whirlwind should channel for about 5 sec and cause nearby enemies double dmg every 1 sec during the channel.

4)charge, should randomly choose a target and charge at it cause serious amount of dmg.

Prophet vellen should have quiet nice abillities too:

1) holy blast should cause a serious amount of holy dmg and knock back the target

2)holy nova should cause around 4k dmg to nearby enemies

3)holy smite should cause a high amount of dmg to the target

4)staff strike should inflict some amount of physical dmg that should hit harder than normal.

Tyrande Whisperwind, should have these:

1)hunters mark should mark like a hunter mark a target increases all dmg taken by 25%(thats alot).

2)shadowwalk should turn her invisible and defending players for about 8 seconds.

3)starfall should deal massive amount of dmg to all nearby targets in large area and slow them by 20%

4) light of elune should heal a single target if casted on her she will heal for a serious amount if cast on friendly targets it should heal for even more.

5)lunar flare should deal a high amount of dmg and stun for 1 second all enemies in the area she should cast it very often.

6)sentinal she should send an owl that fly in a straight path and deal dmg to the first hero it reaches.

king bronzebeard should have these;

1)avatar should turn him into an avatar just like in wc3 which increases his size his physical dmg by 50% and armor by 15%.

2) knock away should spam it like every 5 sec he should hit his hammer on the ground dealing normal dmg to all enemies within 30 yards and knock them back

3)storm bolt should be the strongest abillity that faction bosses can use and it should cause a serious amount of dmg and stun it for 8 seconds he should cast it about every 15 seconds.

4)thunder clap should spam it slowing all enemies movement and attack speed by up to 25% and causing a serious amount of dmg to all enemies within 15 yards.

Cairne Bloodhoof should be a badass (!!!):

1)thunder clap should do this very often inflicting a around 3k dmg and increasing time between attacks by 100% and movement speed by 60% for 8 seconds in the area.

2) upppercut should be his most famous abillity which is unique, he hits the target with his totem dealing normal amount of dmg and knocking it back to the air (if nothing blocks or stop the target it will end up falling outside of thunderbluff and suffer form fall dmg).

3)war stomp should spam it pretty often causing a fine amount of dmg and knocking back targets and stunning them for 5 sec.

4war stomp should knock back enemies.

Thrall (should be the hardest boss to kill):

1)chain lightning should work just like in wc3 hits a target for high amount of nature dmg and jump to nearby targets dealing a reduced amount of dmg after each jump and hit by up to 8 targets.

2)shock should inflict high amount of nature dmg to a single target.

Voljin should be together with thrall:

1)hex should hex nearby enemie(s) for 10 seconds rendering and unable to cast abillities or attack and he should spam it very often.

2)shadow shock should be casted very often randomly on a single target causing it a high amount of shadow dmg.

3)shadow word pain should cast it also very often dealing shadow dmg to the target every 3 seconds for 18 seconds

4)veil of shadow should reduce healing by 75% to nearby targets for 15 seconds he should cast it about every 25 sec or less.

lady sylvannas windrunner should be hard:

1)fade should turn the lady invisible increases her movement speed by 50% for 3 seconds.

2)multi-shot should fire arrows to enemy targets dealing high amount of dmg to up to 10 enemies in the area.

3)shoot should deal a range physical dmg.

4)summon skelletons should summon 3 skeletons to aid her and lasts 2 miniutes she should spam that and have an army of skeletons if they are not killed.

Lor'themar Theron should not be easy aswell:

1)arcane shock should strike a single target for a high amount of arcane dmg

2)cleave should inflict 110% physical dmg to an enemy and nearby enemy targets hits up to 3 targets.

3)mana-burn should strike an enemy target burning its mana and inflict a high amount of dmg for every mana point drained(at some sites it says it can kill in 1 hit ).

4)mass charm, this one i cant remember but it should charm nearby targets and work like mind controll causing the charmed enemy targets to attack friendly targets.

also he has more mini bosses around him that should have abillities aswell.

so in other words those bosses should not be easy at all and they should be challenging, the fact that some of them reduce healings and stun nearby targets and slowing them and dealing massive aoe dmg means that even 1-3 players are coming to defend against 20-40 players raid it can cause a wipe to the whole raid.

can see for example the bosses in AV and IOC, they are scripted and its enough that 1-3 are defending it can cause a whole raid to wipe.

i hope they will be scripted soon, as i said i brought this up many times but none of them was scripted yet.
I am the swarm

Relina

#12 » Post by Relina » 03 Jul 2015 09:17

Instead of taking the time to construct long posts like the one above, why not report these issues to the bugtracker where they might catch the attention of the more active Dev's, though then again it might not matter :P.
Truewow: Retired for now.
Peace - Lvl: 80 Paladin

Primalwow: Retired for now.
Relina - Lvl: 70 Paladin

I'm willing to become a stone bridge.
Just...
to catch a glimpse of you passing by.

benzviliran

#13 » Post by benzviliran » 03 Jul 2015 10:49

Relina wrote:Instead of taking the time to construct long posts like the one above, why not report these issues to the bugtracker where they might catch the attention of the more active Dev's, though then again it might not matter :P.
they are aware that the faction bosses are not scripted why they dont work on it ? i dont know i assumed they might have given lower priority to scripting them and i assumed if we will explain the importance of those bosses it might encourage them to give them more priority
I am the swarm

andriuspel
Former Staff

#14 » Post by andriuspel » 07 Jul 2015 11:29

I have question, how basically i could help with development? i have skills (http://github.com/sanctum32) and as i see development now is private because http://github.com/truewow is not maintained anymore.

ps: my project EasyWoW is based on arcemu, so it contains older arcemu developers strange code... :D
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.

Polkic
Former Staff

#15 » Post by Polkic » 07 Jul 2015 18:51

andriuspel wrote:I have question, how basically i could help with development? i have skills (http://github.com/sanctum32) and as i see development now is private because http://github.com/truewow is not maintained anymore.

ps: my project EasyWoW is based on arcemu, so it contains older arcemu developers strange code... :D
Hi, we are always looking for people who would like to help. We are using Trinity Core base. For start you would need to set up a working core and DB at your end for development and testing. The core is mostly written in C++. (That where the main things and scripts come). For DB development you would need some basic skills of SQL and later on SAI (SmartAI) Smart scripts system for quests and npc scripting.

Once you have it all set up and ready you can just open our BT and try to fix a thing or two. Ofc you can start working on something you prefer or like more.

I would also suggest joining IRC where you can be in contact with our active developers.

Good luck :)