Isle of Conquest - Beta Testing Season

Nyeriah

Re: Isle of Conquest - Beta Testing Season

#16 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2015 01:03

Please, WG is not the topic of this thread.(and so far very very little has been said about IoC which is the main purpose of this thread). If there's no input from the community, it'll likely be released as it is.

Fastor

#17 » Post by Fastor » 09 Feb 2015 01:13

Ok dont release it yet please, it still have material for PvPers to QQ. Give one week to organize at least 5v5 battle.

Nyeriah

#18 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2015 08:34

So far the biggest issue with this seems to be loading times while teleporting to moving transports

Fastor

#19 » Post by Fastor » 09 Feb 2015 12:29

For it, just do trick like l said on Test forum. Switch location to front of ship. Its not Blizz but unlike Bliz we spawn after loading while in Bliz its instant spawn no matter if we loaded.

Boxis
Donor

#20 » Post by Boxis » 09 Feb 2015 13:03

I did some testing today and these are things that I have come into so far. Remember, I have just basic knowledge of this BG.

Seaforium bombs on bases - Hordes can pickup Alliance ones only, and Alliance can pick up Horde bombs only.

Oil Refinery/ Quarry - they are adding reinforcements correctly / also the faction is getting siege buff as it should - buffs also stacks if one faction holds both of them.

Docks - Spawns Catapults / Glaive throwers normally.

Catapult
- abilities work correctly
Glaive thrower
- 1st ability seems to be doing less damage on players than it is supposed to do , siege damage of the ability is fine.
- 2nd ability does not do any dmg at all .

There is problem with both Catapult / Glaive Throwers that they reset they health when you enter/leave - wait 2-3seconds /enter them.

Workshop - Demolishers / Siege engine spawns normally as well as Seaforium Bombs do.

Demolisher
- 1st ability does less damage to players than it is supposed to do, its siege damage is normal however.
- 2nd ability does normal damage to players as well as it does normal siege damage.

Siege engine
- 1st ability does normal damage to players, its siege damage is normal as well.
- 2nd ability does less damage to players but its siege damage is normal.
Main turret
- 1st ability does normal damage to players as well as knocking them back.
- 2nd ability seems to do less damage to players but its siege damage is normal.
Secondary turret
- Does less damage to players.

Again there is problem that after entering/leaving/entering both Demolishers / Siege engine are regenerating health.

Hangar - It makes you able to teleport to gunship however most of the times you will get ported behind it even if your loading screen is fast.
Gunship
- Its turret does normal damage to players as well as normal siege damage.

Keep Bosses - I have tested just Overlord Agmar and he seems to be a one real challenge :D, the damage seems to be high but this is something that needs to be tested on live with full battleground, since it is obvious you should not be able to solo him in my opinion so it looks to be fine.

All these "less damage on players" are just minor issues, so except that gunship teleport issue (and maybe being unable to pick up bombs at your own base and reseting health of siege machines) the battleground is at very good state at the moment.

belekoxa

#21 » Post by belekoxa » 09 Feb 2015 13:07

Blade salvo http://ptr.wowhead.com/?spell=67195 starts channeling but makes no damage to buildings

Catapult's Shadow Veil http://ptr.wowhead.com/?spell=66305 (turns catapult into stealth) ability doesn't get CD applied

Horde Gunship portal doesn't work always. Upon death I wasn't able use it. It was clickable, but nothing happened(P.S. That's probably due to fact that ship was too far. 1min later i was able to teleport)

Keep Cannon Incendiary http://ptr.wowhead.com/?spell=68169 spell does 1k damage instead of 1.5k

At the moment, we are able to bomb our own faction gates with Huge Seaforium Bombs... (with .gm off )

Bosses don't have evade mode. Once boss is agroed, he's going chase you till he kills you ;d.. Doubt It should be this way. Imo bosses should evade upon leaving a building or a room, the way it is in AV. Because now, I was able to kite boss out of building and tank it with siege engine... Would be great if anyone could confirm or provide some source.

P.S. Just in case, a usefull post with spell id's for IoC http://www.wowhead.com/zone=4710/isle-o ... id=1004490
Last edited by belekoxa on 10 Feb 2015 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
Lukas

Fastor

#22 » Post by Fastor » 09 Feb 2015 13:19

Blade Salvo should not do damage to buildings. This spell works correct.

Nyeriah

#23 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2015 13:59

All these 'deal less damage ' issues aren't quite legit, the spells base value is correct, it's just a tooltip mismatch. Unless there's more consistent sources on their damage I'm not sure it should be considered an issue

Boxis
Donor

#24 » Post by Boxis » 09 Feb 2015 14:07

Ye, I dont consider the damage on players to be an issue as well. I was just pointing out that the damage on players is on some spells lower than tooltip shows it should be, while siege damage seems to be exactly as it shows it should be.

Nyeriah

#25 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2015 15:33

belekoxa wrote: Bosses don't have evade mode. Once boss is agroed, he's going chase you till he kills you ;d.. Doubt It should be this way. Imo bosses should evade upon leaving a building or a room, the way it is in AV. Because now, I was able to kite boss out of building and tank it with siege engine... Would be great if anyone could confirm or provide some source.

P.S. Just in case, a usefull post with spell id's for IoC http://www.wowhead.com/zone=4710/isle-o ... id=1004490
They enrage when moved out of building, then they go rampage at everyone

[youtube]GbKBCYRNvjo[/youtube]

I don't think they should enter evade mode until everyone's dead

Myaoming
Former Staff

#26 » Post by Myaoming » 09 Feb 2015 17:06

Fastor wrote:For it, just do trick like l said on Test forum. Switch location to front of ship. Its not Blizz but unlike Bliz we spawn after loading while in Bliz its instant spawn no matter if we loaded.
Well, ships rotate.
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Nyeriah

#27 » Post by Nyeriah » 09 Feb 2015 17:13

Myaoming wrote:
Fastor wrote:For it, just do trick like l said on Test forum. Switch location to front of ship. Its not Blizz but unlike Bliz we spawn after loading while in Bliz its instant spawn no matter if we loaded.
Well, ships rotate.
I really doubt that fixes it. If your loading screen is too long you'll still be placed on weird places or even fall off ship.

Fastor

#28 » Post by Fastor » 09 Feb 2015 17:14

True but you will increase amount of people that could be on ship. Only those that pay wow on wooden pc would have problem.

Nyeriah

#29 » Post by Nyeriah » 10 Feb 2015 03:53

Applied some changes to the teleporters, needs to be tested.

assassin10

#30 » Post by assassin10 » 10 Feb 2015 04:25

Nyeriah wrote:Applied some changes to the teleporters, needs to be tested.
Is the change active? I'm still popping up behind the airship.