Download the Truewow Client

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
THE_TOWN_NAGGER

Re: Download Truewow Client

#106 » Post by THE_TOWN_NAGGER » 09 Mar 2014 08:23

What am I supposed to do after I DL the client? When I login it asks me to patch. Then I patch. Then I try to open Wow.exe and the file crashes.

Fastor

#107 » Post by Fastor » 09 Mar 2014 11:45

THE_TOWN_NAGGER wrote:What am I supposed to do after I DL the client? When I login it asks me to patch. Then I patch. Then I try to open Wow.exe and the file crashes.

Ok, you doing it bad. :)

First, as you know after download from torrent click wow.exe directly, not anything else.

Second, on first screen you dont write email there (like field ask you), you write your account user name.

Third, forum account is not game account. If you dont have one, click here and make it. http://www.truewow.org/account-manager

fauxbrains

#108 » Post by fauxbrains » 10 Mar 2014 04:33

Nyeriah wrote:
fauxbrains wrote:I've changed realmlist.wtf to set realmlist login.truewow.org and tried logging in with my username instead of my email but I keep getting a notification that my account has been closed/banned. Where should I go from here?
Too many failed log ins auto ip ban, wait out 10 minutes.
I log in using fauxbrains and my password and I'm really careful to make sure I put the password in correctly but it tells me my information is invalid, and when I try again it temporarily bans me.

Reifr

#109 » Post by Reifr » 10 Mar 2014 05:53

fauxbrains wrote:
Nyeriah wrote:
fauxbrains wrote:I've changed realmlist.wtf to set realmlist login.truewow.org and tried logging in with my username instead of my email but I keep getting a notification that my account has been closed/banned. Where should I go from here?
Too many failed log ins auto ip ban, wait out 10 minutes.
I log in using fauxbrains and my password and I'm really careful to make sure I put the password in correctly but it tells me my information is invalid, and when I try again it temporarily bans me.
Things to check:
1. seen as you are using your own 3.3.5a are you double, tipple sure that your realmlist file (./world of warcraft/Data/enUS/realmlist.wtf) has "set realmlist login.truewow.org" in it?
2. Sometimes windows 7+ likes to add the txt extention to the end of the files name when edited by notepad are you sure the realmlist file is labeled "realmlist.wtf" and nothing more?
3. Are you truly positive you made an in-game account and not just a forum account with the login credentials you are using?
(Account > Account manager > Create Account)

Hope you figure it out!
Reifr

intrepid

#110 » Post by intrepid » 10 Mar 2014 06:12

Hello there! I am trying to download the client but when I click on the link a 404 Error Not Found pops up :( . I mention I already have WoW installed and updated to version 3.3.5 , I only need the TrueWow Client. Is there any other way I can get it?

Thanks!

Reifr

#111 » Post by Reifr » 10 Mar 2014 06:26

My bad. i moved my file structure on the server its now working fine sorry for the trouble.

intrepid

#112 » Post by intrepid » 10 Mar 2014 06:47

And how can I get the Truewow Client? :( Any help please?

Reifr

#113 » Post by Reifr » 10 Mar 2014 06:55

If you already have a copy World of Warcraft 3.3.5 all you need to do is change /World Of Warcraft/Data/enUS/realmlist.wtf to "set realmlist login.truewow.org"

If you do not have a copy of World of Warcraft then download the Full client from the Main post.

intrepid

#114 » Post by intrepid » 10 Mar 2014 07:05

Thanks for the info ! ^_^

Glacius

#115 » Post by Glacius » 06 Apr 2014 20:13

Hi, I've just downloaded the thing through the torrent (16.6 Gb) and now when I click on Wow.exe to try and start the game, it goes fullscreen, but then just minimizes the game, I click on the game again, goes fullscreen, then goes back to minimized in a sec. No idea what to do, help please. Running on Windows 7.

Fastor

#116 » Post by Fastor » 06 Apr 2014 20:20

Glacius wrote:Hi, I've just downloaded the thing through the torrent (16.6 Gb) and now when I click on Wow.exe to try and start the game, it goes fullscreen, but then just minimizes the game, I click on the game again, goes fullscreen, then goes back to minimized in a sec. No idea what to do, help please. Running on Windows 7.
Seems like problem with background programs that try to steal front of screen. Maybe your Firewall asks you "do you wish to let Wow.exe on internet"?

Glacius

#117 » Post by Glacius » 06 Apr 2014 20:22

Nah, wasn't that, I was able to get the game going by spaming left click on the black full screen, the game booted after that.
The resolution was really weird tho, so I set it up to my desktop, appears to be working now....

Reifr

#118 » Post by Reifr » 06 Apr 2014 20:45

Their is not "preset settings" on the torrent they are automatically generated the first time wow.exe is executed and normally wow uses the same settings that windows is set to which makes me believe that Fastor is on the right track but if the issues persist delete ./World.of.Warcraft.3.3.5a.Truewow/WTF/config.wtf

If problems continue to arise post your Native screen resolutions and the contents of your config.wtf and we will try to help you out.

Fastor

#119 » Post by Fastor » 06 Apr 2014 20:57

Well, gz than and welcome.

WarpMaiden

#120 » Post by WarpMaiden » 20 Apr 2014 08:45

Hi,
I've read this whole topic and have a problem logging in.
I've downloaded the client, used the wow.exe shortcut, the realmlist is the correct one and when I log in with my game account login, it just gets stuck on 'Authenticating' and doesn't go any further...

Help?