Download the Truewow Client

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
huskycommander

Re: Download Truewow Client

#46 » Post by huskycommander » 04 Sep 2013 00:22

ok I compared them, I have some files in my folder 4 of them are: Common.mpq, Common2.mpq, expansion.mpq and lichking.mpq. (are these supposed to be replaced by the ones in the torrent?)

The only files I see that are not there but are in the torrent are: patch.mpq, patch-2.mpq and patch-3.mpq.

Reifr

#47 » Post by Reifr » 04 Sep 2013 02:06

huskycommander wrote:hello? I tried clicking the torrent link but it says that there's no file or 404 not found when I put it on a new tab. Is this still working?
I Appoligize for the server downtime i have been having issues with my Nginx web server, everything should be back up and running in a short while after i fix a security flaw. However the main torrent seed is still running you just will not be able to use the Direct http download or download the .torrent file untill this is fixed i shall report when they are both back online.

Reifr

#48 » Post by Reifr » 04 Sep 2013 08:42

Server is back online and functioning perfectly all links should now be working on the main post.

huskycommander

#49 » Post by huskycommander » 04 Sep 2013 12:01

I decided to take the long route and just patch everything, but I have this weird error right when I click the very first patch. It says "Patch can't be applied because it is missing data for enGB - etc"

this is really quite distressing especially since it took quite awhile to download all of those patches :(

Polkic
Former Staff

#50 » Post by Polkic » 04 Sep 2013 12:13

It must be the client files missmatch aka enGB or enUS or....

huskycommander

#51 » Post by huskycommander » 04 Sep 2013 12:17

i just figured, my client is GB...does this mean I have to re torrent a US client?... :'(

Polkic
Former Staff

#52 » Post by Polkic » 04 Sep 2013 12:22

No, if you are using enGB client all your patches must be enGB. Also when updating manually you must check for every patch version. Blizzard has a funny way of patching things. There are allways big patches and small bug fixes that uselly end with character a at end. Like patch we use it is 3.3.5 a (version 12340). This is last WOTLK patch. Before this patch there was 3.3.5 (version 1XXXXX). It is important that you follow them correctly or you will get errors.

huskycommander

#53 » Post by huskycommander » 04 Sep 2013 12:24

so since all of my patches are enUS I have to re download all patches this time, enGB?

Polkic
Former Staff

#54 » Post by Polkic » 04 Sep 2013 12:33

Correctly. Bit since that is a big size and it will take same time as downloading our preinstalled client from torrent. Also it is confirmed to be a working client, witch could in your case after manually patching not be the case.

huskycommander

#55 » Post by huskycommander » 04 Sep 2013 12:56

can this game be played with an EU client?

Reifr

#56 » Post by Reifr » 18 Sep 2013 22:40

Important Torrent information:

There was downtime the last 48hrs due to the installation of my own personal tracker on my server as of today 09/18/13 there is a NEW updated torrent to reflect the new tracker information. using 20+ public trackers was not exactly ideal and caused a lot of peoples connection to the main seed to time out now the torrent is being tracked properly and should cut down on failed connection attempts.

To all that are currently seeding this torrent the Files have not changed in any way there is no need to delete or re-download files just simply remove only the torrent and load the new .torrent into your torrent client.

Toughy

#57 » Post by Toughy » 19 Sep 2013 13:09

huskycommander wrote:can this game be played with an EU client?
You can play with an enGB client, I have it (WoW-WotLK-3.3.5a-enGB-GC .torrent)

Don't know about other languages, but if you use them remember you are still expected to speak English when you /join world or LookingForGroup

Eyla

#58 » Post by Eyla » 07 Oct 2013 05:11

Probably a complete n00b question, but...

I just downloaded the HTTP client (after 2 days, the torrent had only received 41% of the file) but what I received was only the Data folder. Do I just replace the Data folder from WoW (a fresh install, I'm assuming) with this one?

Thanks in advance!

Cap'n Dave

EDIT: Arrgh...never mind, I just answered my own question. I renamed the Data folder to "xyz" and copied over the Data folder from the HTTP download. It didn't work at all. The game wouldn't even launch. Sigh...back to my original plan of getting each of the patches and installing them individually.

EDIT TO MY EDIT: Well, darn. I copied the Data folder over to a different folder for safe-keeping, then copied the downloaded Data folder directly into the WoW Data folder, hoping that over-writing the necessary files would be the key. Again, it didn't work. Back to Plan A!

THIRD EDIT: A last-ditch effort - I copied over all of the files and ensured that nothing was over-written (meaning only copying over the new stuff), but still no dice. C'est la vie!

Question: Was there supposed to be more than just the Data folder in the HTTP download?

Myaoming
Former Staff

#59 » Post by Myaoming » 07 Oct 2013 21:38

Yes, I believe your download is incomplete.

What's the size of that Data folder you got?
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

Eyla

#60 » Post by Eyla » 07 Oct 2013 21:42

I think it was something like 16.4 gigabytes, but yeah, that's all that was included was the Data folder. Weird. Then again, I've been having problems with downloads completing as of late (wi-fi access here isn't the most reliable at times) so that's probably the reason why it conked out.

Oh well - I'm almost done downloading the patches - I only have one more to go and it's nearly complete.

Looking forward to playing here again! It's been awhile!