Download the Truewow Client

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Zadrik

Re: Download the Truewow Client

#346 » Post by Zadrik » 07 Jan 2018 07:00

hi, i had to reinstal the game and non of the links to download works :S dont know if its only me or anybody else is haveing this issiue

Eronox
MVP

#348 » Post by Eronox » 07 Jan 2018 14:58

Download the Truewow Client: ZipFile!
In addition to the Torrent, we've added an alternative download for the times when seeding is low or for issues likewise. The method is the same, download->extract->Play! - No installation needed.
Be aware, game files are tuned to the minimum. Files which is not always being used has been neglected. For example, there will not be any launcher.exe 'nor repair tool or DLL's attached to them.

Edit: Use the "Download Through your Browser" option!

Only Requirement is to have Winrar/7zip installed:
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

- J.R Cash

yoggz1234

#349 » Post by yoggz1234 » 15 Jan 2018 20:53

hey can i use this for mac?

Fastor

#350 » Post by Fastor » 15 Jan 2018 23:17

Almost yes, Blizzard made game with almost all files same with exception of few. After you download this, you also need to download this file which essencially is a starter for WoW on Mac.

More info in this topic viewtopic.php?f=92&t=14695

Ashtastic87

#351 » Post by Ashtastic87 » 24 Feb 2018 05:50

I realize this thread is from 2013, but I just downloaded the torrent. Everything was running smoothly until I try to log in. When I log in with the UN and PW I created here, it says they do not match... however, if I use my email address and password, it works, but prompts a download which never completes...it tells me to restart the program and try again. This keeps happening continuously. Any answers?? Thanks!

Ashtastic87

#352 » Post by Ashtastic87 » 24 Feb 2018 05:56

Ashtastic87 wrote:
24 Feb 2018 05:50
I realize this thread is from 2013, but I just downloaded the torrent. Everything was running smoothly until I try to log in. When I log in with the UN and PW I created here, it says they do not match... however, if I use my email address and password, it works, but prompts a download which never completes...it tells me to restart the program and try again. This keeps happening continuously. Any answers?? Thanks!

Disregard! It seems to be working now. ^_^ ^_^

MrBigDoink

#353 » Post by MrBigDoink » 30 Mar 2018 05:06

Hey guys played for about a year originally and I'm having trouble working the torrent I cant seem to get the url to work everyone of the doesn't seem to want to connect to the url when I copy and paste and click any direct link I just don't connect or the url is broken. Pls help I miss primal wow so much. ( I'm using u torrent)

Eronox
MVP

#354 » Post by Eronox » 02 Apr 2018 23:20

MrBigDoink wrote:
30 Mar 2018 05:06
Hey guys played for about a year originally and I'm having trouble working the torrent I cant seem to get the url to work everyone of the doesn't seem to want to connect to the url when I copy and paste and click any direct link I just don't connect or the url is broken. Pls help I miss primal wow so much. ( I'm using u torrent)
Look at our alternatives.

There's things that never will be right I know, and things need changin' everywhere you go.

- J.R Cash

arijitb

#355 » Post by arijitb » 08 Apr 2018 17:29

Ashtastic87 wrote:
24 Feb 2018 05:56
Ashtastic87 wrote:
24 Feb 2018 05:50

Disregard! It seems to be working now. ^_^ ^_^
I got the same issue and it did not solve itself. Every time it fails to download update and asks me to restart and then gives me an error message saying something like "patch could not be downloaded".

Additionally, I am not getting any sound! If I change the system default to the specific output and click on okay (still no sound though), it resets itself to system default.

I have almost given up hope. I was hoping to play with some of my long lost characters from 2011. *sigh*

If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated. I am running Windows 10 64 bit.

Thanks in advance.

natnat123
Former Staff

#356 » Post by natnat123 » 08 Apr 2018 18:38

you should be using the Wow.exe not the launcher. that is why it tried to download a patch.

as for the name and password thing. make sure the inside of the "realmlist.wtf" file in the "data\enUS" or "data\enGB" contains only "set realmlist login.truewow.org", you can open it with a text editor to check/edit, notepad ect.

Eronox
MVP

#357 » Post by Eronox » 08 Apr 2018 20:32

It's worth to mention that the game will try to update if you try to login with your Email.
Instead, use the actual username of your game account to login.

- J.R Cash

arijitb

#358 » Post by arijitb » 09 Apr 2018 13:31

I had already checked the realmlist and it is ok. If I use my actual username, it says that information entered is invalid and asks me to check my user name and password. I am out of options here.

Eronox
MVP

#359 » Post by Eronox » 09 Apr 2018 14:00

Remember that your forum account and game account is not the same, unless made like so.
Visit here to see your game accounts, alternatively reset your password for your Game account.
https://truewow.org/account-manager

- J.R Cash

Shade169

#360 » Post by Shade169 » 16 Apr 2018 19:51