There are more comps in this game than Rogue/Priest

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
jamhead

There are more comps in this game than Rogue/Priest

#1 » Post by jamhead » 03 Apr 2013 13:22

There are 10 classes in WoW, each has 3 specs. That's 30 potential specs!
Now lets take out the pve only specs: Fury, Holy priest, Demo, Blood. (Of course there's no reason these can't be super fun in pvp!)

In arena that means there are 26 specs that are perfectly viable in arena. Now, in 2v2 that comes to a total of 26*26 possible combos, 676!! Now of course that includes double healers, so if we remove double healers we get 22*26 possible teams.

That's 572 possible comps!!

So why then, is it such an increasing problem of the same few comps? Every time I queue arena it's the same few comps, Rogue/Disc, Rogue/Spriest, Warrior/Holy.

When I first joined Truewow the ladder was overflowing with awesome interesting combos. There was Roel and Rhorn playing double prot warrior at rank 1, Toxicreaper and Akumako with their affli/resto team, me and Core playing Ele/feral, Whatchya and Tesak playing Warrior/Disc, Demo/Combat teams etc.

So here's my message: Please start playing more interesting combos! There is so much more to arena in this game than rogue/priest and warrior/holy and they are perfectly viable for high rating as well. So next time your looking for an arena partner, give one of the more interesting combos in this game a try! Trust me, it's super fun for both you, and the other team to fight!

Note: Please don't take this as a QQ thread about not being able to beat these comps, I've beaten many and lost to many (I blame Akshay for any losses :P).
The point of this thread is to encourage people to try play less popular combos for a change, I've become increasingly bored of WoW arena for this very reason.
Currently addicted to hearthstone playing at legend rank. Feel free to add jamhead#2986

My quest to prove anybody can paint - jamheadii.deviantart.com

Check out my new puzzle game Slide!

Darchrow
Donor

Re: There are more comps in this game than Rogue/Priest

#2 » Post by Darchrow » 03 Apr 2013 14:30

words of wisdom!
this is exactly like another server ( only pvp ) won't mention it xD
every combo there is rogue spriest / disc frost mage / holy arms
it gets super boring and stupid in the end, to face all the same combos over and over and over again
currently i'm playing arms / ret
and the fact that the warr i'm playing with has shit for gear makes it even better
people! listen to jamhead xD
try new combos :D :D :D
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Kindzadza » 03 Apr 2013 14:34

I am playing rogue/feral druid atm!

Myaoming
Former Staff

#4 » Post by Myaoming » 03 Apr 2013 14:45

Feral/Enha Shaman :D

By the way Jammy, every spec can be a PvP spec. If you look closer at the trees of Fury, Holy Priest, Demo, and Blood DKs, they do have PvP talents, but they're just not performant. Of course you already know that : P
Elder Myaoming (aka Slardar): Level 80 Tauren Feral PvE/PvP
Siforosse of the Undercity: Level 80 Undead Affliction Warlock PvP/Demon PvE
Zibuluge of the Ashen Verdict: Level 80 Human Frost DK PvP/PvE
Inverse: Level 80 Human Fire Mage PvP/PvE
Slar: Level 80 Night Elf Resto/Feral Druid PvE

marko1984

#5 » Post by marko1984 » 03 Apr 2013 14:52

bugged classes FTW xD

my team was and always will be arcane/destro!! :)
Three mages!

jamhead

#6 » Post by jamhead » 03 Apr 2013 15:39

Myaoming wrote:Feral/Enha Shaman :D

By the way Jammy, every spec can be a PvP spec. If you look closer at the trees of Fury, Holy Priest, Demo, and Blood DKs, they do have PvP talents, but they're just not performant. Of course you already know that : P
Yep very true. I remember fighting Hawkeye/Royal as rogue/demo and that was really interesting as feral/ele. Rogue with that gay evasion and a warlock with a tank form. And I enjoyed playing Fury/resto once with whatchya which was great fun. I wanna see moar fights like that personally :D

Also good to see people agree :P
Currently addicted to hearthstone playing at legend rank. Feel free to add jamhead#2986

Folkk

#7 » Post by Folkk » 03 Apr 2013 16:55

I support Napkin healer/warr comp .
Here's a complete guide on it http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/98231 ... 800-guide/
Folkk -Subtlety/Combat
Fleaks - Discipline/Holy

Royal

#8 » Post by Royal » 04 Apr 2013 00:02

There was Roel and Rhorn playing double prot warrior at rank 1
Me and Jenny got into arena with them once, we killed Roel and were about to kill Rhorn, but then Roel crashed server >:/

And anyhow now there are enough people around that you can find a person for a proper setup, no one is gonna bother trying something that puts them at an disadvantage .

Zaakira

#9 » Post by Zaakira » 04 Apr 2013 01:08

70% of comps im facing in 2v2 are DK/Hpala and Warr/Hpala.
and 3v3..do i even have to mention it? 80% teams are playing TSG (Hpala/DK/Warr)

and yes its quite annoying,but in general,everything is beatable if you know what you're doing.
Im not totally useless.
I can be used as a bad example.

Nexxus

#10 » Post by Nexxus » 04 Apr 2013 04:02

jamhead wrote:Rogue/Disc, Rogue/Spriest, Warrior/Holy
Ah still the same eh? :lol:
Well at least Noctus and Me were the only 2 dk's on server that played that combo (2x unholy) and made 2100 rate with it lol...

So all those combos where easy, specially Rogue Spriest lol,

psst <invade priest with 2x lichborne on> (to avoid sap). If he use scream (fail) if dispersion you go AMS on 1 sec before dis ends and there ya go, one dead priest.

Oh and keybound ghoul's stun to focus on focus (rogue) so you can keep him cc'd all the times.

Tnx. Cheers Lol :lol:

Roel
Founder

#11 » Post by Roel » 04 Apr 2013 11:46

Haha double prot, that is really a long time ago and I honestly can't remember being rank 1 with that until Top joined us for Prot/Holy. However that was a time when there were barely arena teams because most players weren't level 80 and if they were, they probably didn't have PvP gear. The good ol' times!

jamhead

#12 » Post by jamhead » 04 Apr 2013 14:37

Nexxus wrote:
jamhead wrote:Rogue/Disc, Rogue/Spriest, Warrior/Holy
Ah still the same eh? :lol:
Well at least Noctus and Me were the only 2 dk's on server that played that combo (2x unholy) and made 2100 rate with it lol...

So all those combos where easy, specially Rogue Spriest lol,

psst <invade priest with 2x lichborne on> (to avoid sap). If he use scream (fail) if dispersion you go AMS on 1 sec before dis ends and there ya go, one dead priest.

Oh and keybound ghoul's stun to focus on focus (rogue) so you can keep him cc'd all the times.

Tnx. Cheers Lol :lol:
Maybe an army of DKs would help control the number of priest/rogue teams queuing xD maybe someone can convince matsy to pay them 100g per win xD

Hmm, or maybe I should bribe a hunter to play tons and tons of arena with me till all the rogue/priest teams get bored of being anti comped for a change :P
Roel wrote:Haha double prot, that is really a long time ago and I honestly can't remember being rank 1 with that until Top joined us for Prot/Holy. However that was a time when there were barely arena teams because most players weren't level 80 and if they were, they probably didn't have PvP gear. The good ol' times!
Hah, yeah I remember Neji and I could never quite beat you as prot/holy. I blame Neji being a bit useless at setting up cc chains xD

Boxis
Donor

#13 » Post by Boxis » 04 Apr 2013 16:36

jamhead wrote: Hmm, or maybe I should bribe a hunter to play tons and tons of arena with me till all the rogue/priest teams get bored of being anti comped for a change :P
Ye,do it and we will be the first rog/spriest who you meet :) .

Anyway spriest/Rogs arent problem here and I think you mean spriest/rog not disc/rog since you should beat that comp without many problems,at least here where you can kill disc in few seconds.
Anyway dk+hpals with cleanse spam are problem for sure.

jamhead

#14 » Post by jamhead » 04 Apr 2013 17:30

Boxis wrote:
jamhead wrote: Hmm, or maybe I should bribe a hunter to play tons and tons of arena with me till all the rogue/priest teams get bored of being anti comped for a change :P
Ye,do it and we will be the first rog/spriest who you meet :) .

Anyway spriest/Rogs arent problem here and I think you mean spriest/rog not disc/rog since you should beat that comp without many problems,at least here where you can kill disc in few seconds.
Anyway dk+hpals with cleanse spam are problem for sure.
Both spriest and disc are a pain in the ass for rshaman/feral, especially when your partner can't learn to avoid randomly getting sapped :P It's far easier with disc/feral.

Either way, dangerous levels of boredom are reached xD

Nexxus

#15 » Post by Nexxus » 04 Apr 2013 18:02

Roel wrote:Haha double prot, that is really a long time ago and I honestly can't remember being rank 1 with that until Top joined us for Prot/Holy. However that was a time when there were barely arena teams because most players weren't level 80 and if they were, they probably didn't have PvP gear. The good ol' times!
Lol prot is way too op here. Cant forget the day when you solo diryn and alkapawn 2v1 in arena lol :lol: eh, good old days..

Double prot = dafak :twisted: