A HUGE MISTAKE

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Zaakira

Re: A HUGE MISTAKE

#76 » Post by Zaakira » 27 Nov 2012 11:57

Intervention wrote:Zaakira, congratulations for saying something stupid. Here is a cookie.
Well yea,im trying to beat u..so far impossible :D
p.s CAN I HAZ TWO?

@Winged:
Ye..its bad...not pressing 3 buttons fast enough.. :oops:

edit:
anyway,all idea about removing buff sounds interesing..more bizzlike and most important-i wanna see ppl raging on world :D
tho would be nice to fix all bugs before removing it.
Last edited by Zaakira on 27 Nov 2012 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
Im not totally useless.
I can be used as a bad example.

Arockalypse
Donor

#77 » Post by Arockalypse » 27 Nov 2012 12:00

Intervention wrote:Zaakira, congratulations for saying something stupid. Here is a cookie.
Can i haz cookie too Inter pls :cry:
Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

Zaakira

#78 » Post by Zaakira » 27 Nov 2012 12:05

Arockalypse wrote:
Can i haz cookie too Inter pls :cry:
Mens u gotta say something stupid..dont cheat pls.
Im not totally useless.

Andrick

#79 » Post by Andrick » 27 Nov 2012 12:44

Chillmaster wrote:Most of them are bugged rofl cause we are blizzlike ftw!!!!! Ulduar bugged as hell, even icc bugged but hey instead of fixing bugs lets remove the buff of icc and why?
Well for a lot of things, yes they are bugged, but also a lot of it is working just fine. the problem comes not from the bugged part, but from the lack of interest in uldu in general. Thus not enough players that are willing to follow a simple koncept of every boss but arrogantly (cause they have ICC gear) rushing into the bosses and wiping...i say this just cause i was in a OS25 the other day and only a few ppl were interested in actualy doing it how it's sposta be done but rather ignoring the 3 drakes and nooking down sartharion. Yes ppl did 10k dps but still we wiped from a simple flame breath of the 1st drake (vesperon i belive)
Anoth wrote:Correction, you never did. A lot of older truewow players faced it when getting past Deathbringer was a rarity, killing PP was awesome, Blood was out of the question and Frost was closed.
I sed ICC is boring not because it's easy. if something's hard, doesn't make it fun... the raid itself looks like it was thot of and made in hurry b4 cataclysm

sindy => just another sephiron
DW => same shit as 1st phase of kel'thusad
DB => sry but the boss is just a joke (and yes i know he works with only like half is that of what he does on retail...he's still boring and dull)

All in all...it's a mater of opinion, some like ICC i just cant make my self say i like any part of it other then PP and LK after doing ulduar...ulduar is an interesting story-line, and after you go into it deeper after the guardians, gets some eerie fealing from all the Lovecraft's Cthulhu stuff...dam it you can write a horror book about ulduar and i asure you it wuld be a hit! The bosses were interesting and even sed interesting catch phrases as ICCs case when that Lady Deathwhisper starts babling you just want to turn off the sound in the game. And as for the bosses...well...just start with the firsta one...other then PP and LK, NONE of the ICC bosses can compare in the FUN factor with FL. TANKS FTW! Blow stuff up with insane damages.
I know those are just novelty things that 90% of the population don't give 2 f!%$s about but it's those details that make a raid fun. NOT if it's hard as hell.
Ragnorak wrote:Well fuck you whoever thinks that, i worked hard for this gear for over a year, nobody carried me. Many of the spermik players and new 80s on this server have had the PRIVILEGE of getting boosted from 4.8k gs to 6k gs in less than 2-4 weeks. While players like me had to spend months just to get our first invite into ICC...
-this is also a reply to Roel

you worked hard? no kiding? i started playing on spermik exactly 2 years and 2 months ago...do you think we had all of ulduar from the start? No. We didn't even have a RAID open...ANY raid. Just several bugged dungeons that for the daily reward gave just 2 EoH extra...not even a way to get EoVs, and need i remind you, a tier7 token is just as hard to get with emblams as is t10, go to the heroism vendor and look. We got EoVs when they opened up OS25 about the time i joined and only like 2-3 groups were able to kill Sarth will all 3 drakes alive. My 4,8k GS b4 the merge was a 2year project in the making so don't tell me i'm privilaged for anything (i'm still not even 5,7k GS...i'm not a girl nor a friend of a girl ingame so...don't want to mention names).

We're all in the same sitaution, both Spermikans and TrueWoWers. For better of for worse were are one big happy family and for our family to stay happy we need some balance betwen ''hardcore'' players and the ''carryalongs''.

Nerf the buff...

As for staying blizzlike...Blizzard some of you don't get why Blizzard implemented the buff in the first place... It was not cause ICC was hard for everyone (it was downed by the pro guild rly fast) it's so that all casual players get to see the content of ICC b4 Cata gear made raiding in ICC obsolite...

Cover25

#80 » Post by Cover25 » 27 Nov 2012 13:04

Ragnorak wrote:This topic itself is a waste of time...
People are complaining that ICC is too hard to do without the buff and shit like that... ICC is not supposed to be a faceroll dungeon it is the endgame dungeon for Wotlk. The only thing this will affect is cutting down the population of lvl 80s that we are carrying through ICC. There are so many fucking geared 80s who cant dps for shit. This will actually force people to learn how to play their class properly and learn how to dps with them. As well as force new 80s to gear up in RHCs and going to ToC/Ony before they attempt ICC.

Not fair for the Spermik players/New 80s?
I'll tell you what's not fair, as a new 80 i farmed a total of 250-275 PoS Farms for over 3 months just to get enough emblems for gear and loots from boss drops. I didn't even touch fucking ICC until i was 5k GS. And with Tyrannus in PoS getting bugged and disappearing for 3 months that fucking sucked because as a warrior he carries a lot of gear i needed to raise my GS. We had no RHCs, nothing... We all started from shit... people look at me and go like "Look at this warrior... 6.6k GS with Shadowmourne no wonder he doesn't give a shit about removing the ICC buff it doesn't affect him" Well fuck you whoever thinks that, i worked hard for this gear for over a year, nobody carried me. Many of the spermik players and new 80s on this server have had the PRIVILEGE of getting boosted from 4.8k gs to 6k gs in less than 2-4 weeks. While players like me had to spend months just to get our first invite into ICC... And no i did not reach 6k gs in less than a fucking month, it took me 8 months to get from my first ICC to where i am now.

"But even with ur shitty gear in the beginning u still had the ICC buff to help u guys"
Yes this is true however the reality is that EVERYONE had shitty gear, nowadays u can't join a raid without having a 5.8k+ gser in the same raid as u, so that is why new 80s today will always have an advantage, the removal of the ICC buff reduces the amount of carrying but it will never get rid of it completely. I cannot say how irritated i am of hearing countless people cry over the fact that they lost their precious buffs and that they cant raid ICC as effectively as they used to. Newsflash, if you know how to properly play your class and follow raid tactics by the letter and apply it in the encounter for 2-6 minutes at a time u will be just fine and you wont even notice the buff missing. Anyways the buff has been jacked back up to 20%... if people still complain about ICC being too hard even with the 20% then you need to seriously stop raiding and learn ur class before u attempt ICC again.

Enough said. People don't remember how it was, they just know how it is now...Being carried from the old people who had to fight tooth and nail to get in icc (These iccs wiped at festergut mind you because of lack of dps).

Arockalypse
Donor

#81 » Post by Arockalypse » 27 Nov 2012 13:06

MY GOD!
PEITHNE IS THAT YOU? :|

Shadow Council of Hellraisers
TrueWoW member since 2010.

⌁ How the little piggies will grunt when they hear how the old boar suffered ⌁

DarkSilver

#82 » Post by DarkSilver » 27 Nov 2012 13:07

Hi this is DS. I jast wanna ask retoricaly: do we need 5,5k gs or 6k gs to make a raid wich drops 200 gear score items? And is it suppose to gather 6k+ gs ppl for raid wich drops 251 gear score items? if you will gear up your char with all of 200 items you would have around 3,6 - 3,8k gs. And if you would gear up your char with 251 items you would be around 5.4k gs. So tell me why I am asking this questions :)

Cover25

#83 » Post by Cover25 » 27 Nov 2012 13:09

Arockalypse wrote:MY GOD!
PEITHNE IS THAT YOU? :|

@DS Hey, buddy you do know TOC drops 232 on 10N, and 245/251(?) from TOC10HC. Toc25N drops 245, and TOC25HC drops like 258. Do you know what ICC drops :O? 251, 264. Ony 25 also drops 245, as does HOR HC. You seeing a collation here?

Zaakira

#84 » Post by Zaakira » 27 Nov 2012 13:36

Ragnorak wrote: Not fair for the Spermik players/New 80s?
I'll tell you what's not fair, as a new 80 i farmed a total of 250-275 PoS Farms for over 3 months just to get enough emblems for gear and loots from boss drops. I didn't even touch fucking ICC until i was 5k GS. And with Tyrannus in PoS getting bugged and disappearing for 3 months that fucking sucked because as a warrior he carries a lot of gear i needed to raise my GS. We had no RHCs, nothing... We all started from shit... people look at me and go like "Look at this warrior... 6.6k GS with Shadowmourne no wonder he doesn't give a shit about removing the ICC buff it doesn't affect him" Well fuck you whoever thinks that, i worked hard for this gear for over a year, nobody carried me. Many of the spermik players and new 80s on this server have had the PRIVILEGE of getting boosted from 4.8k gs to 6k gs in less than 2-4 weeks. While players like me had to spend months just to get our first invite into ICC... And no i did not reach 6k gs in less than a fucking month, it took me 8 months to get from my first ICC to where i am now.
and again you guys keep forgeting that Spermik is older than TW.
That our ppl farmed rhc's(for 200 lvl items) and shitty naxx25 (our best raid-(213 items and last boss KT- 226lvl)) for over than 2 years too?
and then we suddenly merged with TW..with end game raids and gear,and we was like wow..so many wasted hours in naxx..for nothing.But NP,we'll gear up again.
And you dare to say that we're getting carried ? well shame on u,and fuck u too.
Last edited by Zaakira on 27 Nov 2012 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
Im not totally useless.

kraklups

#85 » Post by kraklups » 27 Nov 2012 13:41

I have to agree with you Discarnate, with all. And with Andrick too.

And personally I agree with the suppression, the full suppression. It's good for the skills of ppl in this server.

And if it's possible I try to add something of my own. I love the removing of the buff, I'm not well geared, but I really think this rule is good, I love the bitter taste of succeed after many wipes.

Yeps I'm from Spermik, a lazy spermik player, really lazy believe me, I didn't learn to dance with Heigan in Spermik (my mates were cool dancing, I died in 2nd part of dance always), but we ended Naxx, I never killed Freya, too hardcore for me, hunters were really bugged in core version, and I was too busy in this moment, but my mates succeeded, believe me.

Well I started using hunter's mark in this server :D :D :D (in Spermik was never fixed), you used it as a signal point in rhc, LOL...

I remember when ToC5 was opened in Spermik, was hard as hell, remember the first time we succeeded OS10, and OS10 3D, when we first kill Gluth, we even calculated the amount of dps we need in Naxx10 + Tranquilizing Shot, 2.8K dps in this server is a LOL, but in Spermik you need to take potions, food, all buffs, and we killed the bloody dog. Here I killed in a 9 person RAID the BQ first time I reach her, and in a ICC25N I wasn't even bitten, as a Hunter and TOP10 DPS, I wasn't bitten and we succeeded, WTF...

Onyxia's Lair was hard, very hard. Ulduar was even worst.

The only rule was old darwin's rule, the most prepared group prevails, small mistakes are deadly. Some ppl invite you to their raid because you get all the juice from your spec, my top dps dmg in spermik was lower than 4K, but all my gear has been always enchanted, all gems are socketed, always, dunno know the amount of gems I wasted, my highest gear lvl 226 (one) and lvl 219 (two).

All these in PVE, in PVP Spermik was even worst. In this server I saw ppl joining to BG's with full PVE, near 5.7K GS, this ppl with the standard PVP in Spermik will be killed so many times in BG's, they'll never rejoin. Nobody unless several mental stroke would join to BG's in full PVE (ok, except shammy spammers, or as a big failure error after RAID), because the other side smells blood and they will whisper your name in 3 secs, after this you'll be dead every 28 secs. They know how to kill you, and they will always come to get an easy HK, improve or die, and believe I died many times.

And believe me I suffered the charm dispensed by Discarnate, Ragnarok, Roel after the merge, and wow, one hit and my HP was near half, this taught me one thing, evade them, kill them from the distance because you'll have only one opportunity. I stoped playing BG's when my side won all BG's with ppl geared full PVE, and we won because of luck, not knowledge, some ppl don't even know Fel Reaver was bugged (OMFG), and many don't know the first tactic in BG's "KILL THE HEALER!!!" (don't mind if he's a tree, a pala or a priest, kill'em all!!! it's the only and first rule for rdps).

It was funny, that's why I have been playing this so much time. You spend time with friends, you smile with your stupid mistakes, and sometimes you die and sometimes you kill the boss.

That's perhaps the reason I'll play again, now it's more difficult, and I'll have a good time again. If nobody gives value to something, then it's worthless. If you don't remember with a smile succeeding something, you will never give value to this...
Discarnate wrote:I already talked about it once in details in another thread. I'll just paste the relevant part here.
Discarnate wrote:Spermik was of a different patch of WOTLK. Your 4.8k gearscore cannot be compared with our 4.8k gearscore standards. There's a scaling issue that any old player should be aware of. It's a bit like a new player leveling to 70 and a fully TBC geared level 70. 4.8k gearscore from Spermik means nearly endgame gear + trinkets + set bonuses, etc. Your performance can easily be compared with a normal 5.4k gearscore player from our patch and regime. When we see a 4.8k gearscore player in TrueWoW, we basically look at a person with 3 to 4 blues, barely a T9 or two, Northrend trinkets, with no gems/enchants. Also, there are some stat EP changes (if you're a theorycrafter like me, you'll know what I mean). So, the gearing phase (3.9 to 4.7 for you and 5 to 5.7 for us) makes itemization quite imbalanced and thus results in lower output.
While this may not be the case for 100% of these situations because I actually have seen a 6.1kgs warlock (I won't mention HER name) with a certain heroic trinket doing 5k DPS in ICC25hc. It was one of those things that make you die a little inside. But at the same time, I saw many other 6.1kgs players doing 20ks. So, I cannot be blind to the ratio. However, this is the case for the majority of such situations.

As far as the gearing is concerned, TrueWoW suffered a rather dark time before 2 years or so. I tanked my first ICC10n in this server with 4.5k gs. There was no ICC10hc. The only way to win marks were through ICC25ns where EVERYBODY rolls on stuff. All 3 of my 80s went through full PoS farming with full T9s, triumph trinkets and offsets before stepping into ICC. My druid is the youngest one and did feel a bit of privilege compared to the my older 80s though.

However, the point is, comparing our progression to look for a valid reason related to this change isn't gonna go anywhere.

Actually, I did form an opinion about this in the last half an hour.

Let the 30% buff be as it is right now until next year's February. Since everything's active and running at the moment, give the undergeared players a chance to reach a comfortable gear level as a compensation -- a very harmless compensation. After February though, take it off or nerf it according to your preferences. How about that?

Ragnorak
Donor

#86 » Post by Ragnorak » 27 Nov 2012 14:43

Zaakira wrote:
Ragnorak wrote: Not fair for the Spermik players/New 80s?
and again you guys keep forgeting that Spermik is older than TW.
That our ppl farmed rhc's(for 200 lvl items) and shitty naxx25 (our best raid-(213 items and last boss KT- 226lvl)) for over than 2 years too?
and then we suddenly merged with TW..with end game raids and gear,and we was like wow..so many wasted hours in naxx..for nothing.But NP,we'll gear up again.
And you dare to say that we're getting carried ? well shame on u,and fuck u too.
That passage was not directed at all the spermik players which seems to be what you thought it was, it was directed at the many Spermik and New 80s that were carried through ICC with the help of this buff and because of it; causing an increase of level 80s with 5.8k-6k gs with no PvE skills whatsoever even though PvE requires almost no skill. And yes i dare say that many Spermik and New 80s got carried because that is the truth, many people who didn't deserve to be carried at all received that privilege while many who did deserve to be never did. The nerfing of the buff will be able to screen out the geared people who don't know how to play their class properly and replace them with people who actually know what they are doing, and will force the people with gear to learn their classes in depth to improve their gameplay in order to continue raiding.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Vaen

#87 » Post by Vaen » 27 Nov 2012 15:23

And yes i dare say that many Spermik and New 80s got carried because that is the truth, many people who didn't deserve to be carried at all received that privilege while many who did deserve to be never did.
lol how do you decide who is worthy of getting carried and who is not ? If the 30% buff carried me and my guild (our raids are composed 90% of people from spermik btw) then it carried people from truewow as well since the moment it was implemented
Vaen - Human Warrior
Verwandlung - Human Lock
Parallel - Human Priest

Follow me on Twitch

Sinnerly

#88 » Post by Sinnerly » 27 Nov 2012 17:27

Winged wrote:First of all hello there, and now let's get "on topic". Personally, I stick with the as fully Blizzlike as possible idea, despite of the super greater EXP in Battlegrounds thing being awesome and not such a bad idea, and the 10% less heals, absorbs, HP and damage done giving a more 'challengy" atmosphere to those who seek it (like me). However it isn't about some liking it and some not, it's about sticking as Blizzlike as possible, and I don't think how this will do any good to be honest (I don't mind at all). Now:

1.: If Sinnerx = Maurelius, about the "Marrow10HC is difficult with IMBA dps", please define "imba", because your DPS on your warrior is horrid as hell. 1.5: "Hunters, DKs and palas with bugged dmg.", what about all those warriors abusing Deep Wounds to get as high? (lol).

2.: @Zaakira, ROFL. I bet your dps is bad, and also your performance, give it a try.

3.: As some have said, this topic is pretty 'meh', I just want to let you guys know, we must by all means stay Blizzlike.

Cheers.
when i'm not lagging i do 10k on marrowhc with my warrior and i mostly pvp with the warrior i rarely raid

and with my dk i make more and imba dps means imbalanced means you need to down spikes fast enough so the player won't die and with the new buff removing i don't think it's possible to it

to be fair i don't think people are ready for a 0% buff in icc because it was never added in the 1st place at all

and please let the ego at the door dude no one needs it
Sinnerly - level 66 rogue (first char ever idk shit about rogues)
Sinnerx - level 80 warrior prot / fury
Maurelius - level 80 DK frost / unholy

Vaati
Banned

#89 » Post by Vaati » 27 Nov 2012 18:12

I typed out a nice long reply to this. Then my internet decided to disconnect when I tried to post it and now it's gone.

So time for the short version! Either keep the buff or make it optional with the faction leader like it should be.
Biscuit - Level 80 Arms/Fury Warrior (Horde)
Bisquick - Level 80 Feral Druid (Formerly Narcissa's) (Horde)
Bisquit - Level 80 Elemental/Resto Shaman (Horde)
Biscadin - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Horde)
Bisclock - Level 80 Affliction Warlock (Ally)
Bisc - Level 80 Shadow Priest (Ally)
Biscation - Level 80 Retribution/Holy Paladin (Ally)
Formerly known as Patregis - Undead Rogue
Roel wrote:What's wrong with your brains?

Sinnerly

#90 » Post by Sinnerly » 27 Nov 2012 21:26

i agree with biscuit on this one

and i forgot bugged kincet bomb on BPC it just knocked my shammy out for 47k

GG on the new stuff in the server
Sinnerly - level 66 rogue (first char ever idk shit about rogues)
Sinnerx - level 80 warrior prot / fury
Maurelius - level 80 DK frost / unholy