Sometimes I really think I make the server crash

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Raxxo

Sometimes I really think I make the server crash

#1 » Post by Raxxo » 25 Oct 2012 12:20

I'm not such of an active player because I'm busy with other things, but I do regularly login at the website to vote and stuff.
When I do that I see the server being online for 2 days, 3 days in a row in the status bar.
But always when I log in the server crashes within half an hour.
It's like the hardware can't handle my awesomeness or something :D

banuga

Re: Sometimes I really think I make the server crash

#2 » Post by banuga » 25 Oct 2012 12:45

Raxxo wrote:I'm not such of an active player because I'm busy with other things, but I do regularly login at the website to vote and stuff.
When I do that I see the server being online for 2 days, 3 days in a row in the status bar.
But always when I log in the server crashes within half an hour.
It's like the hardware can't handle my awesomeness or something :D
Yeah that must be it :lol: :lol: ;)

Doctor_J
Developer

#3 » Post by Doctor_J » 25 Oct 2012 12:50

Nah cant prove anything but I suspect ICC is to blame for a lot of the crashes, it seems far from coincidental that every time server crashes there's at least one group in ICC but as said still threes no real evidence of what I said and even if it was could be any encounter or maybe a player ability which is in been used there, no one knows for sure the exact cause.

Cover25

#4 » Post by Cover25 » 25 Oct 2012 12:58

Doctor_J wrote:Nah cant prove anything but I suspect ICC is to blame for a lot of the crashes, it seems far from coincidental that every time server crashes there's at least one group in ICC but as said still threes no real evidence of what I said and even if it was could be any encounter or maybe a player ability which is in been used there, no one knows for sure the exact cause.
Just like whenever alliance was winning BGs the server would crash :lol: I swear horde was abusing a bug! :lol:

Anoth
Former Staff

#5 » Post by Anoth » 25 Oct 2012 13:03

I remember those days it was bloody bull shit. =/ You'd be lucky to get through 2 Icc bosses without a crash.

narcissa

#6 » Post by narcissa » 25 Oct 2012 13:07

Cover25 wrote:Just like whenever alliance was winning BGs the server would crash :lol: I swear horde was abusing a bug! :lol:
Nah, back in the days server used to crash when ally was losing, because Roel used to crash his own server #Roelmyths

Ragnorak
Donor

#7 » Post by Ragnorak » 25 Oct 2012 13:17

narcissa wrote:Nah, back in the days server used to crash when ally was losing, because Roel used to crash his own server #Roelmyths
I remember this, it was always when allies were losing, why do you think back in the days we would always say "Were the allies losing again?" xD those were the best days
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Anoth
Former Staff

#8 » Post by Anoth » 25 Oct 2012 13:32

I do remember reading that a lot but see both sides have a different side to the story. xD

Roel
Founder

#9 » Post by Roel » 25 Oct 2012 13:47

Ehm allies were always losing so also when it crashed, myth busted xD

Ragnorak
Donor

#10 » Post by Ragnorak » 25 Oct 2012 13:49

Anoth wrote:both sides have a different side to the story.
The allies spread lies and propaganda in hopes of installing an even stronger form of dictatorship than what we already have. Only the Horde's side of the story is valid.
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

Anoth
Former Staff

#11 » Post by Anoth » 25 Oct 2012 13:53

I was on horde's side I agree wholeheartedly with that statement.

Ragnorak
Donor

#12 » Post by Ragnorak » 25 Oct 2012 13:58

Anoth wrote:I was on horde's side I agree wholeheartedly with that statement.
WTB Faction change for Anoth Nao

Mmeko

#13 » Post by Mmeko » 25 Oct 2012 18:55

narcissa wrote:Nah, back in the days server used to crash when ally was losing, because Roel used to crash his own server #Roelmyths
I was actually hoping for Roel to be the author of this thread as soon as i read the title. It's a shame that after so much time he still doesn't want to admit it :(

narcissa

#14 » Post by narcissa » 25 Oct 2012 20:36

Well, it's a largely known fact that the author of Roel myths is Roel himself in an attempt to keep his glory alive. And he did a fine job I must admit.

Aezshara

#15 » Post by Aezshara » 26 Oct 2012 19:49

Heh.. There's so many damn myths about that "Guy" O.o

As in.. 4 hordies trying to derp his ass in a bg... 10% hp.. and magically he heals to 100% or something like that xD, Although i do remember him saying he accidentally hit the "heal full" command button once during a bg... But that was ages ago.

Is he still kicking evryones butts in pvp ?