And...we merge

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
jonek

Re: And...we merge

#61 » Post by jonek » 15 Sep 2012 07:58

Tibby wrote:...then we'll get way more people than two failing servers squishing together clinging to life.
I actually laughed so hard with this, because... despite all the harsh words it is partially true. Actually it was TW the dying server, we were seeing each day players leaving and carrying other people with them, at the point where on our pike hour population barely reached 61 players on each faction.
Now, since the merge, population has increased and we even have had the chance to see new players aside from Spermiks. Also, some old TW people have decided to come back (not you Dottz! Don't you dare to come back!) and PvP has never been this active (3v3 almost all days? punch me if I'm dreaming, that's heaven for me).

http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7000

I presume GMs so Roel are doing their best... right???.... due the DCs and laggs are becoming more sporadic. So, stop complaining and go vote!.

Quixoticrogue
Donor

#62 » Post by Quixoticrogue » 18 Sep 2012 14:00

feels like ages since I played here. (hmmm 3 months perhaps?).

But now you merged with another server, (well, as I heard it they came to you...no biggie) so that should be fun. Ditched the 80's channels (I thought it was kinda elitist anyways) & added more forum trolls and bronies!

ya know what...retail is awfully nice, but sadly they keep destroying the retail version.

I missed you guys and thought I'd shove my 2 cents in here.

I'll bring the server's ONLY tank priest in for a bit of fun later on. (yes, a TANK PRIEST!...3 year FAIL in progress)
ImageAnyone got a light?

lollypop

#63 » Post by lollypop » 27 Sep 2012 16:32

merger is the best thing that could happen to a 1x server, dunno why all the hate......hopefully roel and the gang have made a "template" process so we can merge with other low pop servers on a more regular basis.
there's probably a bunch of ~100 players populated servers with a core of 40-50 diehard fans, and some might be interested in growing together with TW.

just a thought....
Last edited by lollypop on 27 Sep 2012 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

Cover25

#64 » Post by Cover25 » 27 Sep 2012 16:33

lollypop wrote:merger is the best thing that could happen to a 1x server, dunno why all the hate......hopefully roel and the gang have made a "template" process so we can merge with other low pop servers on a more regular basis.
there's probably a bunch of ~100 players populated servers, and some might be interested in growing together with TW.
well, if you can show us some, we could look into it. :)

lollypop

#65 » Post by lollypop » 27 Sep 2012 16:38

Cover25 wrote:
lollypop wrote:merger is the best thing that could happen to a 1x server, dunno why all the hate......hopefully roel and the gang have made a "template" process so we can merge with other low pop servers on a more regular basis.
there's probably a bunch of ~100 players populated servers, and some might be interested in growing together with TW.
well, if you can show us some, we could look into it. :)
not my job, i can just suggest, but when i vote i see lots of server banners, that appear to be barely clinging to existence. those lists on vote pages should be a good start.

Roel
Founder

#66 » Post by Roel » 27 Sep 2012 19:08

Technically it's indeed easier to merge with other servers due to the experience and scripts that I now have. The hard part could be finding 1x servers that actually want to merge population with us instead of the other way around. Our best bet is probably asking the really small servers.

Ragnorak
Donor

#67 » Post by Ragnorak » 27 Sep 2012 19:15

During the ddos i was able to scout out another server, i have mentioned it to inter about the name of the server but didnt bring it up again since we agreed it would be in the server's best interest to focus on the current merge and getting everything all normal again
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!

Cover25

#68 » Post by Cover25 » 27 Sep 2012 19:38

Ragnorak wrote:During the ddos i was able to scout out another server, i have mentioned it to inter about the name of the server but didnt bring it up again since we agreed it would be in the server's best interest to focus on the current merge and getting everything all normal again
Mind if I got that pm as well?

Ragnorak
Donor

#69 » Post by Ragnorak » 27 Sep 2012 19:42

Aight it's somewhere deep in the facebook chats, lemme try to pull it out, i got all the info on the server, raid content, contact info for staff, rates on everything, population etc, basically they are a mini truewow that just had ICC open up 3 months ago with a population of around 200 at peak times, but like i said i'll dig around for the info
Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!