The new PVP realm of truewow ( insta 80 )

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Locus

Re: The new PVP realm of truewow ( insta 80 )

#76 » Post by Locus » 28 Sep 2011 20:21

It would be nice if instead of effort on the new realm, the effort could go to fixing the several (in the realm of possibility) bugs/crashes of the Trinity code (for example this new crash, or when PP gets bugged, etc). Anyway sorry, I don't want this post to seem as if I'm trying to tell Roel what to do, was just stating an opinion.

And right now the new realm has 74 people, with the main realm having 269 (only 3.6 times the amount of the instant 80 realm, and the instant one is new and buggish)

-

#77 » Post by - » 28 Sep 2011 20:29

narcissa wrote:Seems like a nice coincidence it all started when the new realm was added. Also seems like a great coincidence that when I see the second realm reaching 80 people server crashes more often. Is it Trinity's fault that bgs aren't running? Or that at this time of the day there are barely 250+ people online?
Not to mention the lag.

Roel
Founder

#78 » Post by Roel » 28 Sep 2011 20:46

I already fixed 2 crashes since the new realm, 1 one them I wouldn't know about without the new realm. But whatever, you don't notice my efforts...

Kris

#79 » Post by Kris » 28 Sep 2011 20:53

Well since everyone is sharing their opinion I will share mine as well.
Just like Locus said we need more scriptors and bugs fixed on this server and we are getting another.
TOC is undoable, ICC got heavily bugged since the update yesterday and yet "woo an instant 80 PvP server". I don't know about the rest but i came here for raiding and it seems like the raids are dying with the bugs that are worse every time.
So if this continues I'm afraid I'm leaving, there's no fun when you have nothing to raid.
As for PvP we are getting a lot of PvP on this server also. Imho instead of focusing on making the instant server the GMs along with Roel should focus on making the blizzlike one less buggy.
But then again, that's just my opinion...

Roel
Founder

#80 » Post by Roel » 28 Sep 2011 21:45

In the beginning, ulduar, toc and icc were completely bugged and closed. I have only seen progress.

Locus

#81 » Post by Locus » 28 Sep 2011 22:00

Usually things that were working get bugged after updates, including raids and classes (like Righteous defense now, or the uber armor of bear tanks, etc)

Tuffeyy

#82 » Post by Tuffeyy » 28 Sep 2011 23:11

It started when the new realm was added because Roel updated the core at the same time.

Xeru

#83 » Post by Xeru » 29 Sep 2011 01:08

I'd like to add a suggestion.
Why not turn this new instant 80 realm into a PTR aka Public test realm (like in blizzard)
So with that , you could apply the custom fixes and core updates from tinity , let ppl play there for test purposes, report the bugs found, and this way you could know when an update is gonna bug more things then teoricly fix so u 'll simply not apply the bugged update on the normal realm...

Glacius

#84 » Post by Glacius » 29 Sep 2011 08:29

Roel wrote:Lol just keep playing at the blizzlike realm. If people would leave it for the instant 80 then why did they come to a blizzlike server in the first place? Oo
That

Kraith
Former Staff

#85 » Post by Kraith » 29 Sep 2011 20:56

Wow, I finally check the website and a lot has changed...
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

-

#86 » Post by - » 29 Sep 2011 22:39

Do something, Kraith!

chickenbutt
Donor

#87 » Post by chickenbutt » 29 Sep 2011 23:10

Rehan wrote:I would like to repeat myself. Do NOT screw this up Roel. I have my reasons.
This realm WILL destroy the server in time.
Just make it back blizzlike, or if you really want to have a second realm make it a RolePlay one since it won't make a lot of players interested in it because they do not like to RP.

It WILL happen Roel, players don't grow in trees and curiosity is big. Low level players will just leave the blizzlike for the instant 80 affecting the blizzlike realm which will cause endless ques in RHCs and BGs which will further cause players leaving the server for another one who has agian a blizzlike and a instant 80 but more populated, and you can't afford to do this with the current population of the server.
Read my message one or two times untill you get what I mean Roel, this realm will destroy the server.

Yet again, this^
:=) My Mini Enhancement Shaman PvE Guide

https://soundcloud.com/open_minded_97/fullat - a punk song I wrote and produced with a friend from music community college in 2019

Darchrow
Donor

#88 » Post by Darchrow » 30 Sep 2011 05:24

Xeru wrote:I'd like to add a suggestion.
Why not turn this new instant 80 realm into a PTR aka Public test realm (like in blizzard)
So with that , you could apply the custom fixes and core updates from tinity , let ppl play there for test purposes, report the bugs found, and this way you could know when an update is gonna bug more things then teoricly fix so u 'll simply not apply the bugged update on the normal realm...
this is the best idea i heard!!! i agree 100 % with Xeru, if you turn the new realm into a testing one, it'll become so much easier to find new bugs :O

+1 to Xeru XD /cheer
teh char list ( 80s ) :
Jynx / Zubat / Alyce ( Swagmourne ) / Discord / Redtube
Disruption / Perplexity / Magejkdruid / Swagstormxqt ( Swagmobile )
Vinegar ~ Lvl 51 Rogue

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

[Guild] [Angrycow]: nice to meet u im Sava and im really horny person

kindzadza ily

-

#89 » Post by - » 30 Sep 2011 09:05

+1 From me too.

Bleed

#90 » Post by Bleed » 30 Sep 2011 15:17

This server sucks now.....
It will die soon enough(the blizzlike realm)
I'm 100% sure of that.