The new PVP realm of truewow ( insta 80 )

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Roel
Founder

Re: The new PVP realm of truewow ( insta 80 )

#31 » Post by Roel » 26 Sep 2011 23:43

I copied the following part from what I said at the staff forum:

The truth is, a lot of players spend only a part of their time at this server and the other part at some other instant 80 server. If they stop playing that other server and play at our 2nd realm then they will play at both realms. They won't quit the blizzlike realm for the other one because they have tons of other instant 80 server to choose if that's what the wanted. On the other hand new people looking for an instant 80 server will join the community who will also discover that we have a blizzlike realm which can result in them playing at both realms which means more players at both realms in the end.

Btw anyone who leaves the blizzlike realm to play the new realm... I can only say it would just be a matter of time before that person leaves if I don't make this realm, he would find some instant 80 server and leave for the same reason.

The following I didn't say yet: The last part is really logical thinking. If someone would leave the blizzlike realm to only play at the instant 80 realm, then why didn't he leave to a diffrent instant 80 server yet? Why did he come here in the first place if he could have gone to an instant 80 server? To be honest this realm isn't meant for the current players, they should just keep playing the blizzlike realm and maybe spend a part of the time on the other if they would otherwise do that at some other server. This is meant for new players looking at the vote site and see we have an instant 80 server. more people=more votes=more people seeing our server and the vote sites=more people joining for instant 80 AND more people joining for blizzlike because they wouldn't know about us with a lower vote rank. Understand?

Btw I hear more about our blizzike "status", I can only see it's a mental thing. TrueWoW will always be blizzlike because the content of the blizzlike realm is still the same. In fact you don't notice anything of the other realm as long as you don't log into it, you can just treat it like a different server, It's really what you make of it, some call it a crappy private server which is not blizzlike because it's not even running Cata...

You want me to explain more? Oo

Tassadar

#32 » Post by Tassadar » 27 Sep 2011 00:07

Enough explanation.

That explains all your actions.

Anyways i don't disagree with you opening instant80. Just want to state I do not see any promising signs from an instant80 server when

1) It will not hold pve most likely

2) Using trinity core with same bugs and problems => what is your competitive advantage to other instant 80s that only focus on pvp and therefore have their own core to correct bugs, skills and etc.?

3) "You want me to expalin more? Oo" attitude
(Enough been said from your "The Boss" forum rank and "Leader of blabla" footnotes.)

You have fair point still. Good luck with it. Hopefully you will bring up competitive advantage over other isntant80 pvp servers and claim enough players for the realm to function.

Solstice

#33 » Post by Solstice » 27 Sep 2011 00:38

Tassadar wrote:Enough explanation.

Anyways i don't disagree with you opening instant80. Just want to state I do not see any promising signs from an instant80 server when

2) Using trinity core with same bugs and problems => what is your competitive advantage to other instant 80s that only focus on pvp and therefore have their own core to correct bugs, skills and etc.?

(Enough been said from your "The Boss" forum rank and "Leader of blabla" footnotes.)

About what i was going to say after reading roel's post. May i suggest making that server a script testing one or something ? That way the oldt one could still benefit from the new without disadvantageing the new one ? Because, as Tassadar stated, having the same bugz in an instant 80 wont make it so much competitive against other instant80 that have their own scripting, right ?

Palos

#34 » Post by Palos » 27 Sep 2011 00:51

You have fair point still. Good luck with it. Hopefully you will bring up competitive advantage over other isntant80 pvp servers and claim enough players for the realm to function.
+1 for Tass.
We have to ask ourselves:

What would be our competitive advantage to other (well a lot) instant 80 servers? Or can we actually compete with them.

Will It bring more people here? I think not. Reason: They already have an Instant 80 server.

Will it be profitable? I think not as well.

If it is just for the benefit of keeping our old people from playing instant 80 servers out there, then its just a piece of the cake and not the chunk were talking about.

Lastly what would be the biggest competitive advantage of Roel to other hardcore GMs out there who are already running an instant private server for what.. eons.. Has "better" indepth knowledge with scripting, editing etc...

Instead of putting an instant 80 server i reckon you put your ideas on how our population (people who only embraces blizzlike) will grow by improving what we already have like for example: Scripting on WG so we can play on it, those bugged bgs, dungeons etc... There are a lot of ways to improve but you need to ask yourselves, are you satisfied with what you have or not?

Cheech

#35 » Post by Cheech » 27 Sep 2011 01:14

god u are such a smart mage, whats the point of starting a insta80 with the same bugs ...... ty for breaking it down for him

Tuffeyy

#36 » Post by Tuffeyy » 27 Sep 2011 01:40

I think if your going to keep this server, it will end up turning into a place were pve'ers will go aswell, just cause they get insta 80 and can jump straight into raiding.

It will be hard to keep it focused mainly on pvp i beleive ^^

Nexxus

#37 » Post by Nexxus » 27 Sep 2011 01:43

Lol guys, he just told you. "IGNORE" this realm and continue on old one. If you don't like insta80 then don't join it.

Intervention
Former Staff

#38 » Post by Intervention » 27 Sep 2011 02:12

Remove that god damn realm.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Cover25

#39 » Post by Cover25 » 27 Sep 2011 02:20

Intervention wrote:Remove that god damn realm.
+1

Locus

#40 » Post by Locus » 27 Sep 2011 03:22

My opinion is the following (note: can and probably will reiterate things already said):

This server is not the top according to stuff working; since a lot of other servers (including some with small population) have groups of devs that make fixes to the core they download from Trinity, thus raids or classes can sometimes work better than on this server while here the amount of fixes to the TC stuff is minimal or zero, thats why things that were not broken can suddenly cease working for a while (has happened a few times).

This server is the top because of the effort put into keeping it the best blizzlike server avaiable: The rest of the servers regardless of working raids or spells or whatever, introduce things like buying t10 or wrathful with money, or faster raid id resets, or instant 80 or such things.
This is why I think opening an instant 80 realm is a bad idea: without the essence that makes truewow this good, this realm will just be one on a million other funservers and I doubt that it will attract new people, because other servers have less bugs and they already have a pvp or raid community that plays in them. Another thing to add is the risk that people will move from the normal one to the instant 80 out of curiousity or laziness to obtain gear or to try new classes and that this will fragment the community (instead of having idk, 400 people on the normal realm, we can have 300 and 120 which i dont think is worth it)

---

Now this is my theory on what will happen:
Almost all the friends I had that came to Truewow disliked how long levelling takes. But the server is great for being blizzlike, so they endured and at the end they (and me) could enjoy being 80 and most of the dungeons that we did while levelling. Why I am bringing this up? Because casual type players that want to give this server a go, instead of enduring trough the levelling they will switch to the instant 80 at the first sign of boredom. The instant 80 will not be the best because of what I said above, so they will eventually leave.

Intervention
Former Staff

#41 » Post by Intervention » 27 Sep 2011 08:14

This is my argument copied from the staff forum

This realm is a bad idea because:

- It will split up the server
- The population average of 300-500 online is no where high enough to populate both realms equally
- This will completely eliminate PVP progressions and remove a number of challenges and addictive characteristics to the game
- Will completely destroy PVP on the original realm
- Will damage PVE on the original realm with less PVE progression (Most the server 80's doing ALOT of PVP over PVE)
- Will generally make life harder to find groups, professions and so on

This realm is a good idea because:

- Allows an entire custom realms for staff to explore
- Allows staff to work in a relatively blizzlike realm to test:
- Bugs
- Items
- Spells
- Instances

These tests will cause essentially all damage to be less as there are no players on the server so players cannot accidentally earn achievements or get items added to them when not needed.

So all up, i think this new realm should be used as a test server not a PVP instant 80 realm. A good idea in theory but it WILL destroy this server in time.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Tuffeyy

#42 » Post by Tuffeyy » 27 Sep 2011 08:51

might aswell merge the staff topic with this one at the rate with all the copy and paste >:D

Thelildevil

#43 » Post by Thelildevil » 27 Sep 2011 10:27

I played around on it for a good 4-5 hours before making a judgement.

The mall area is not only very limited (which I know Roel said he will add to it) but is in a pretty bad location. Dying after a duel makes it so you have to fly a bit of the way back which takes a couple minutes. Rogue stealth is completely bugged being able to see them from 40yds away. Weird random bugs which I will keep reporting in the other topic as well.

Now as for having a new realm, I don't see why you would even consider it. For one, the population of TrueWoW is not low (for a 1x server) and has a lot of activities going on to keep people happy and busy. There is a flowing economy from the AH (not trade channel) and during the peak hours, there is plenty of PvP and PvE going on.

I came from a 1x server with better scripting, more up to date fixes on instances, quests etc... and max players online were about 50-80 on peak times, on weekends. That is low population and coming to TrueWoW is a breath of fresh air to have things to do when I log in.

Secondly, if I had come to TrueWoW for a blizzlike experience, I might have stopped by the insant 80 server to see how the bugs are. In the state the instant 80 server is in, I would not stay for the 1x server because of the 80 servers lack of... pretty much everything.

Lastly, the draw to a 1x server for a lot of people is the feeling of playing on retail. Seeing a server that has 1x is different than seeing a server that offers both, mostly from the fact that you make an assumption that it can't be blizz-like for real since there is also a fun-server offered.

These are my opinions and I am 100% satisfied so far by TrueWoW. Speaking about the current population leaving the 1x server, currently it isn't even an issue because the state of the instant 80 server is just so bad.

jamhead

#44 » Post by jamhead » 27 Sep 2011 14:16

Thelildevil wrote: Seeing a server that has 1x is different than seeing a server that offers both, mostly from the fact that you make an assumption that it can't be blizz-like for real since there is also a fun-server offered.
Exactly why this brings 0 benefit to this server. Every time I've gone looking for a new 1x blizzlike server I've always just immediately ignored any server with multiple realms because its just bound to have custom rubbish and not be focused on one or the other enough.

Staircase Server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently addicted to hearthstone playing at legend rank. Feel free to add jamhead#2986

My quest to prove anybody can paint - jamheadii.deviantart.com

Check out my new puzzle game Slide!

Cryptonite

#45 » Post by Cryptonite » 27 Sep 2011 14:27

woopty doo an insta 80 server how FANTASTIC, u know I already know 2 people I know personally that will now spend less time enduring the 1x rate server and waste most of their time on the insta 80.
I'm gona get asked to just create some char there and "just join them for a bit" and it'll turn into an everyday thing. to be honest I've thought about leaving the server for a more populated one I found but holding me here were some friends. if they leave, I'm out.

a server hardly runs with 120-450 people on at average. oh wow no wait I'm wrong Sundays it's peaktime 500-600 on WOW! I just saw all that halved by one stupid idea.
I'm sorry but people that are as single-minded as to not see that some people will leave the 1x server really need to learn to open their eyes.

Sorry Roel I see where you're going with this but u gota look at the bigger picture.

Sincerely
Crypto.