Why do mods get special treatment?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Mithrandir

Re: Why do mods get special treatment?

#16 » Post by Mithrandir » 31 Jul 2011 13:54

Regardless of what she has done, is this really the way to talk to her?
Were you there? Did you see what was said to her? Exactly. I did see it, and from my understandings it affected Aez a lot. Some people don't care about others, but if you reach rock bottom and start yelling such things at people for no legit reason? Then yes, I support the mute she initially gave, regardless of me being a mod or not, or anything, just sharing my opinion.
What Hawkeyes said was WAY below the belt. And he gets away with it, he gets away with everything. It's about time you guys make a limit, and if you do, you'll find that Hawkeyes has passed it several times.

Aezshara

#17 » Post by Aezshara » 31 Jul 2011 14:14

Great to see that you didin't notice i downed the mute to roughly 300 minutes Tuffey, I have never spoken to you, I don't even knew you were a moderator but right from that instant you were extremely offensive to me and constantly claiming i should be demoted (true true, I don't even want to be part of the staff anymore with the current way of rules set up by Moderators themselves)

Kraith
Former Staff

#18 » Post by Kraith » 31 Jul 2011 15:56

Kindzadza wrote:She plays again now Kraith :p
I'm behind on the times. I'll shut up now.
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Tuffeyy

#19 » Post by Tuffeyy » 31 Jul 2011 16:19

Reducing the mute time after getting him temp. banned doesnt make a difference lol, perhaps my previous comment was slightly rude, sorry. Also don't exaggerate, i said you should get demoted once not "constantly claiming" it. And if being offensive is disagreeing with your actions and telling you what i think, then yeah i was offensive.

Also the rules that were set up were not done by moderators, you know this. You come back after being away for however long you was and then mute someone for 20 hours (reducing it to 5, therefore admitting you was wrong in muting for that long). Then when i said you was wrong you had a massive rage in GM chat. so excuse me if come across as a little blunt but what i say is true.

Aezshara

#20 » Post by Aezshara » 31 Jul 2011 16:39

You didin't follow the whole topic now did you ?:P

He never was temp. Banned.

I reduced the mute because yeah i knew it was overreacted. I admitted it and since when is it wrong to admit your mistakes. ? Your reactions to that mute really pissed me off. That'swhy i exploded on the GM chat.

Rhaps

#21 » Post by Rhaps » 31 Jul 2011 17:59

i will only say that i personally think u should not have muted anyone at all since u did ask for a demotion before it may not have happened yet due to someone being absent minded but still in all intents u are no longer a moderator therefore have no right to mute anyone for anything.
And had i been in ur situation im sure i would have been offended too i have personally been on the recieving end of Hawks harrassment but still 1200 minutes is a little overboard.
U should have just SS the whole mess and put the issue before a GM like any other player would have had to.Instead u overreacted.
@Tuffey i completely understand ur reaction and yes she should have been demoted earlier but it was overlooked noones fault it just happens sometimes..I think that like Aez u overreacted a bit and should have let the GMs handle the issue instead of causing such a fuss in GM chat.
I think that this issue should be dropped now that it has been pointed out that Aez is no longer a part of the staff..continueing this will only lead to more arguements.
And to the title of this thread...No Mods do not get special treatment..and even tho we could not have muted Aez someone should have at least warned her about the caps.Mods are meant to follow the rules just like anyone else and if they cant manage that then they should not be mods.

Aezshara

#22 » Post by Aezshara » 31 Jul 2011 22:38

Mods are meant to follow the rules just like anyone else and if they cant manage that then they should not be mods.

This is true, but then comes the sensitive subject. Who decides the rules that Moderators should follow in their position. I've been trying to get an answer from both Mod's and GM's in the past few days and here's what i found out.

Nothing at all. The GM's prescribe a maximum length of mute. But when i ask them who put up this rule they cannot give a real answer. If asking a Moderator about who they listen to it's generally the GM's or either Roel as in various answers were given as: Roel, Inter, Peithne and Debi. Each Moderator gave a different answer Which is fine and all but now comes another part. Are the GM's the ones who set rules for lengths of mutes?

I asked both this to Peithne and Intervention, Neither of them could give me a real clear answer to it.

Who can we consider the "real" boss? Roel? No he barely speaks to the staff. Well maybe to the GM's but barely any of the Moderators speak with him. Then i ask the following questions again:

Who is the person that is legit to set up rules for the staff to follow?

If so then what rules do Moderators HAVE to follow in using their "powers"

Is it Intervention, Peithne or Roel or like the current situation sometimes is, The Moderators themselves.?

As for the fact that i was still moderating, I asked Roel to demote me roughly 2-3 weeks ago or maybe even longer ago. He must've forgot to demote me seeing as he was busy planning his vacation. When i came on i saw alot of things happen, Wrong channel uses over and over and over, Racism you name it. The times that i muted/warned were the times that i was the only Moderator online. Even though i wasn't actually part of the staff (which i never was in my own opinion) i felt the urge to do something about it.

Cover25

#23 » Post by Cover25 » 01 Aug 2011 00:18

Tuffeyy wrote:Reducing the mute time after getting him temp. banned doesnt make a difference lol, perhaps my previous comment was slightly rude, sorry.
She never sent me the Screenies of the Mute avoiding so I Didn't ban Him. You Honestly Need to Confirm your statements before you just shout them out..... as for Laras Mute It was Insanly long and unneeded though she brought it down to a Reasonable Time. Also you Starting a fight in GM Chat wasn't helping the situation either.

No Mods Don't get Special treatment, Nor do GMs.

Mithrandir

#24 » Post by Mithrandir » 01 Aug 2011 01:11

Cover25 wrote:No Mods Don't get Special treatment, Nor do GMs.
But seemingly Hawkeyes does.

Intervention
Former Staff

#25 » Post by Intervention » 01 Aug 2011 01:45

How does Hawkeyes get special treatment? If this was my server i would have perma banned him long ago for lock abuse. Sadly i could only ban him 3 days according to the rules. Hawkeyes has always asked me to add things to his inventory and i say no every time.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Tuffeyy

#26 » Post by Tuffeyy » 01 Aug 2011 02:01

Perhaps i was wrong about the temp ban part but its what i last heard. To be honest i over-reacted slightly, as did aezshara, as rhaps said.

Lets just drop this now, i was wrong in some of my accusations and i beleive aezshara acted without thinking. So... thats that from me.

Cover25

#27 » Post by Cover25 » 01 Aug 2011 02:16

Intervention wrote:How does Hawkeyes get special treatment? If this was my server i would have perma banned him long ago for lock abuse. Sadly i could only ban him 3 days according to the rules. Hawkeyes has always asked me to add things to his inventory and i say no every time.
Rules & Agreement
Don't ask GMs for items, gold, levels or any other unfair boost.
Hmm.....

Kraith
Former Staff

#28 » Post by Kraith » 01 Aug 2011 07:23

Intervention wrote:How does Hawkeyes get special treatment? If this was my server i would have perma banned him long ago for lock abuse. Sadly i could only ban him 3 days according to the rules. Hawkeyes has always asked me to add things to his inventory and i say no every time.
You're free to permaban him...
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Intervention
Former Staff

#29 » Post by Intervention » 01 Aug 2011 10:07

Kraith wrote:
You're free to permaban him...
o.O?
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Aezshara

#30 » Post by Aezshara » 01 Aug 2011 10:12

Meh they won't Kraith, Sexual harrasement towards a Moderator, severe racism and such doesn't deserve a Permaban these days anymore :)