Why do mods get special treatment?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
River
Donor

Re: Why do mods get special treatment?

#61 » Post by River » 03 Aug 2011 23:55

employ active gm's? just a solution :p.

Oh and i like this kind of music :3

Accounts that matter to me.
Mekop - spriest/holypriest - 5.9 k pve and pvp
River - resto dudu - 6k pve and pvp

Kraith
Former Staff

#62 » Post by Kraith » 04 Aug 2011 00:33

Liberty wrote:employ active gm's? just a solution :p.
We do. Right now we have 2 active GMs (Intervention and Peithne), 1 active admin (TIa), and an active owner.

Thing to remember is that staff aren't in any way compensated for their work. They don't gain unfair advantages, they aren't paid, etc. Staff still have their normal characters which they want to play just as much as you. Being a GM drastically cuts into play time. It is very important however for GMs to PLAY the game. If they dont (and I speak from personal experience), they tire of the game. We aren't online 24/7 like Blizzard GMs (who work as GMs).

The ONLY reason GMs take that time out of their play time is because they want to help you. You don't pay to be here, you shouldn't expect service like Blizzard offers. However, staff does their best to emulate that because they believe in the server.
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Rehan

#63 » Post by Rehan » 08 Aug 2011 19:11

I finished my popcorn, brb.

-

#64 » Post by - » 09 Aug 2011 02:27

-_-' Uh... You know you're not in a cinema or something...
But...
/target Rehan
/cast Give Loads of Popcorn

Dumb

#65 » Post by Dumb » 13 Aug 2011 02:21

Intervention wrote:I know Mith, but just saying, for all you guys know Aezshara or some other player may be underage and talking about it isn't appropriate.

Anyway, Aezshara being a ex-mod and all should know better, these topics aren't meant for global channels, even though they would be quite riveting...
Aezhara is not mod anymore... THANKS GOD! She was one of the mods that i hated the most (besides Peithne who putted my rage to the limit <3) Bastard is better now since he is GM. I am very thankful for this decision.

Kraith
Former Staff

#66 » Post by Kraith » 13 Aug 2011 04:43

Floormat wrote:
Intervention wrote:I know Mith, but just saying, for all you guys know Aezshara or some other player may be underage and talking about it isn't appropriate.

Anyway, Aezshara being a ex-mod and all should know better, these topics aren't meant for global channels, even though they would be quite riveting...
Aezhara is not mod anymore... THANKS GOD! She was one of the mods that i hated the most (besides Peithne who putted my rage to the limit <3) Bastard is better now since he is GM. I am very thankful for this decision.
1. Calling a GM a "bastard" isn't too smart. =P
2. This topic has been dealt with and you're not adding anything to it...
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum