Why do mods get special treatment?

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Kraith
Former Staff

Re: Why do mods get special treatment?

#46 » Post by Kraith » 02 Aug 2011 01:36

I'm not sure why everyone is thinking he's getting special treatment... He's been banned twice before for bug abuse and truthfully he'll probably get banned again when Vent gets on. Do read what I posted:
Kraith wrote:That's enough. I won't ban him one because it's Intervention's call since he originally handled it and two I'm technically retired =P, but IMO a 7-14 day ban would be good and a permaban if lock abuse/rule breaking like that happens one more time. *crawls back into grave*
@Flexall, the /s screenshots in Dala are plenty when combined with ban history and circumstances. We may not moderate /raid, but it proves the intent of his speech in /s.

I'm also confused about the win trading, here's the rule on it:
Win Trading in arena is not allowed, you will get your rating reduced to 0 and all your arena gear removed if you do so.
If you have proof of it, post it on the forum and a GM will decide whether it's conclusive and if so, ban and/or send for arena adjustment.

And I'm super confused now about Aezshara. What's wrong? =P

EDIT: See? Dealt with.
http://www.truewow.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 853#p38853
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum

Bluebell
Former Staff

#47 » Post by Bluebell » 02 Aug 2011 04:09

Flexall wrote:
Even though it is inappropriate chat he can not be banned for that. Raid/part/guild are all ran by the leaders. If the party/raid/guild leader feels the player should be kicked then he will.
Seeing how this is limited people complain that there are too many rules, I say there's not enough.
I've seen moderators mute people, when they're not the leader, in party chat for what I would call casual swearing (ie not directed at anyone but at the situation and not over the top).
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Flexall
Donor

#48 » Post by Flexall » 02 Aug 2011 05:30

Mods are not supposed to mute in party....this situation is a little different seeing how he has this history.
Ever get stuck not knowing how to play free WoW? Well have no fear, just go here and download the game completely free (it's safe, even I use it). Once you do so, you will need to change your realmlist. You can do this by opening the WoW directory and navigating to (Data>EnUs>) open up realmlist.wtf with notepad and change it to

Code: Select all

Set Realmlist login.truewow.org
Congratulations!
Now you can run WoW.exe and login with your account name and password on our server

On a side-note, if you are having issues accessing TPB you can use an alternate proxie in this list.

Tassadar

#49 » Post by Tassadar » 02 Aug 2011 07:27

Aezshara wrote:Oh yes Kraith that was indeed me,

The reason i was wacting this way is that i found ou tthat the whole staff has gone to complete shreds,

The only real good moderators left are Draeniknight an perhaps Peithne but i'm doubtfull about him at this point. Seeing as i am an ex-mod i'm either not allowed to say anything about other moderators in public (as usual) blah blah blah blah,

In the past few days i've found out why some people started hating the staff and especially Zealotry and Peithne opened my eyes to this subject. That's all i have to say about it ;) It was a HUGE mistake of mine to ever come back to truewow. I'll just be glad that i get demoted finally (after 3-5 weeks waiting from Roel) even though he's on vacation. So i can finally let all this staff bullcrap behind me and focus on being a normal player again. Which is hard being a staff member because evrything you say and do, Is either looked down upon by other staff or by players.
If you know it was a "HUGE mistake" then leave peacefully, woman.

this flowery statement of yours is nothing more than you trying to justfy yourself ultimately.

If you never wanted to be "looked down upon" you shouldn't have taken the job.

Aezshara

#50 » Post by Aezshara » 02 Aug 2011 17:06

Tassadar back in the "old days" as i'll just call it. the staff was friendly to each other and actually respected each other's decisions and such. And yes im indeed trying to justify myself as i get the feeling some persons around here are trying to make me look the "evil"one in the story.

Im only explaining what happend over time,

Im only explaining how i currently feel about the staff and situation

IF there's something wrong with that than just let me know :) I'll gladly answer to it.

Intervention
Former Staff

#51 » Post by Intervention » 03 Aug 2011 02:11

Sorry but i don't like how you generalise the staff. Surely not everyone treated you badly...as you put it.

I don't believe i ever interacted with you badly and if you think i did such a thing, it was not intentional =/
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Kindzadza
Former Staff

#52 » Post by Kindzadza » 03 Aug 2011 02:40

Neither did I,but I was still on ignore list? :[

Rhaps

#53 » Post by Rhaps » 03 Aug 2011 03:46

i have also never been unpleasant to u in our interactions..i do not know u very well personally but i always make sure that i am respectful and polite to u.Even when i disagree with something u have done

Xentok

#54 » Post by Xentok » 03 Aug 2011 03:49

I for one welcome our moderating overlords...

Aezshara

#55 » Post by Aezshara » 03 Aug 2011 09:24

Keeping in mind that it's not nice to name people directly i just used "The staff" as a whole. And it was true. The staff was way more friendly back then. Im not saying you guys aren't currently but there's this awkward feeling of... "Oh shit if i do something wrong righ tnow i'll be demoted" or "Screw what others think my decisions are the best and theirs are totally biased and overreacted"

Inter you've changed since you've became a GM <.< Before that i could really laugh with you. You'd even make jokes about me ! But since then you grew more and more and more silent. I think you pretty much know what im talking about.

Hope this clears some out.

Tuffeyy

#56 » Post by Tuffeyy » 03 Aug 2011 13:25

>>Deleted Post<<

What i said no longer applies
Last edited by Guest on 03 Aug 2011 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

Xentok

#57 » Post by Xentok » 03 Aug 2011 14:17

She's talking about being staff as a whole now compared to before.

Intervention
Former Staff

#58 » Post by Intervention » 03 Aug 2011 15:41

Aezshara wrote: Inter you've changed since you've became a GM <.< Before that i could really laugh with you. You'd even make jokes about me ! But since then you grew more and more and more silent.
I am not online as much as i used to be. When i am online, i am juggling accounts and don't respond 100% of the time and if i do respond there's a chance that it is delayed. Whenever i do log on, i receive a whisper or answer tickets and so sometimes i like to just do my own thing and play the game for a tiny bit.

I still make jokes with everyone and frankly, whenever i did make a joke with you, you seemed to go silent and take it seriously, and so i stopped. I treated you like i do the same to Sarah, but you appeared to take some of it seriously. It is difficult to interpret people over the world wide web. You should not so easily make assumptions. Lastly, when someone leaves, no matter from what type of community, when they return it is always weird. People that i used to talk to all the time left and when they return they either do not speak with you or you are not sure what to talk about or talk at all. In other words, when you departed i said Bye, wished you all the best and then your returned, it was quite unexpected.

Anyway...sorry if you feel like that...like i said, not intentional.. =/
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Tia

#59 » Post by Tia » 03 Aug 2011 15:57

Intervention wrote: I am not online as much as i used to be. When i am online, i am juggling accounts and don't respond 100% of the time and if i do respond there's a chance that it is delayed. Whenever i do log on, i receive a whisper or answer tickets and so sometimes i like to just do my own thing and play the game for a tiny bit.
So very true, I went through the same thing many moths ago. Being a GM will have its impact on you. Trust me.

Kraith
Former Staff

#60 » Post by Kraith » 03 Aug 2011 22:10

Tia wrote:
Intervention wrote: I am not online as much as i used to be. When i am online, i am juggling accounts and don't respond 100% of the time and if i do respond there's a chance that it is delayed. Whenever i do log on, i receive a whisper or answer tickets and so sometimes i like to just do my own thing and play the game for a tiny bit.
So very true, I went through the same thing many moths ago. Being a GM will have its impact on you. Trust me.
Agree agree agree
Kraith - RIP Maelstrom - 80 Troll Huntard
Retired GM, Inactive from game/forum