End game wrath

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
Tauren

End game wrath

#1 » Post by Tauren » 27 Jul 2011 08:03

do boring faceroll heroics, no thought what so ever. sure this could be fun in games like diablo where everything is interactive. heroics suck hard and i dont even considered this part of end game because its just a chore. no one enjoys these

raids. Toc and MOST of icc. other raids you will only do for teh lulz. them being extremely easy with your faceroll heroic t9 gear.

and then we got bg and arenas.

thats pretty much what your going to be doing. im not trying to bash the server or anything but just stating the facts. still better then cata i guess... at least for some months. just kinda sucks wintergrasp doesnt work or full ICC

ive been playing on a pre BC server, its a lot of fun other then the fact you have like no abilities. just seems like theres a lot more things to do.

bleeeeeeeeeh

River
Donor

Re: End game wrath

#2 » Post by River » 27 Jul 2011 10:15

Okay, so whats the point in this thread?

If your going on about ingame content, there are many threads which go on about there being basically none.

I would say for sure that cata has far more ingame content than wotlk even at its present state, but i can imagine it wasnt as "good" as tbc area.

The game for me didnt actually begin at 80, it ended at 80. Anything beyond it is all social politics and trying to get into the most geared raid by trying to be everyones friend.

Oh and i like this kind of music :3

Accounts that matter to me.
Mekop - spriest/holypriest - 5.9 k pve and pvp
River - resto dudu - 6k pve and pvp

Intervention
Former Staff

#3 » Post by Intervention » 27 Jul 2011 10:35

LOL....all finished?

Not sure what the point of this post is, i couldn't quite find a contention..
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Tauren

#4 » Post by Tauren » 27 Jul 2011 10:39

im just saying that end game of wrath kinda sucked nuts... it would of been better if you had to gear up by doing other raids or something

idk what the point of this thread is

and im only in my 60s. i just know that if i bother leveling to 80 i know ill just be doing icc and arena

Prite

#5 » Post by Prite » 27 Jul 2011 11:33

"Older" raids are faceroll, cause u have T9 and T10
want challenge... start with iLvL 200 gear and try and do Naxx :-)
ofc things are more faceroll mate cause u're very geared... Even with bugs and such, but we're at the endgame of WOTLK, so we're all very geared.. we can do OS 5 men, we can probably do Naxx 5 men cause lot's of us are already getting full T10's and some even sanctfied, depends on their luck
Taht's why imo achievements are fun, they provide u with a little escape of the dailly routine, of farming mats, doing dailly quests and dailly hc's...
"All Warfare is based on Deception."
"Dura Praxis, Sed Praxis"
"Engenhus Facultis"

Fenris

#6 » Post by Fenris » 27 Jul 2011 12:10

Imo, Cataclysm is better, heroics are actually pretty damn hard, you can expect wipes there and raids on heroic difficulty are the hardest thing you'll ever see. WotLK can begin to be boring if you cleared all the PvE or PvP content, it kinda turns into a boring routine :s Doing achievements and accomplishments with your guild may be fun though.
Fenris - the ultimate tank

The angels sang out... in an immaculate chorus
And down from the heavens... descended Chuck Norris

Bluebell
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Bluebell » 27 Jul 2011 13:00

It's nice to see some people try hard mode though. The game gets a lot harder (for me as a healer at least) when your tank is a Ret paladin using a sword and a shield, not tanking ones mind you, but a dps sword and a healer shield, as well as having about 10k mana. Or mages with 12k hp who decide the green goo in PoS is a good place to hold their position and then blame the healer (part of the fun!).

See, there are lots of ways to make the game harder/more fun! One of my personal favourites is the "Who can aggro the most in PoS" game, although the "Who can kill themselves the quickest against reflecting shields" game might be favoured for casters who don't have enough health/armour to aggro enough mobs.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

SinanOmmaya

#8 » Post by SinanOmmaya » 27 Jul 2011 13:23

^ <3

Tauren

#9 » Post by Tauren » 28 Jul 2011 00:48

Prite wrote:"Older" raids are faceroll, cause u have T9 and T10
want challenge... start with iLvL 200 gear and try and do Naxx :-)
ofc things are more faceroll mate cause u're very geared... Even with bugs and such, but we're at the endgame of WOTLK, so we're all very geared.. we can do OS 5 men, we can probably do Naxx 5 men cause lot's of us are already getting full T10's and some even sanctfied, depends on their luck
Taht's why imo achievements are fun, they provide u with a little escape of the dailly routine, of farming mats, doing dailly quests and dailly hc's...
exactly i have to gimp myself just to have a challenge. it shouldnt be that way.

also yeah i think cata is better in some areas but mostly it sucks because as soon as i dinged 85 on my tauren pally ALL you did was sit in a city and queue for things. the only times you left was for gathering or a daily quest. at least here its just one server so it feels like a proper mmorpg

i wish someone would make a blizzlike TBC server :D

Locus

#10 » Post by Locus » 28 Jul 2011 01:33

Cataclysm is easier than wotlk. Problem is, we are accostumed to the normal versions of icc. This is also something to complain, its boring to kill the same bosses over and over again on 4 different difficulties -.- Another complaint is that bosses of icc are too easy, just Blood Queen Sindragosa and the LK are hard. (at least on normal difficulties)

You can find 5 mans hard on cata because they are on the lower tiers of gear, I mean, its like doing HoS with level 200-226 items at most. I dont agree the raids are more difficult than the wotlk ones, Al Akir for example is pretty easy.

Fenris

#11 » Post by Fenris » 28 Jul 2011 13:25

bluebell wrote:It's nice to see some people try hard mode though. The game gets a lot harder (for me as a healer at least) when your tank is a Ret paladin using a sword and a shield, not tanking ones mind you, but a dps sword and a healer shield, as well as having about 10k mana. Or mages with 12k hp who decide the green goo in PoS is a good place to hold their position and then blame the healer (part of the fun!).

See, there are lots of ways to make the game harder/more fun! One of my personal favourites is the "Who can aggro the most in PoS" game, although the "Who can kill themselves the quickest against reflecting shields" game might be favoured for casters who don't have enough health/armour to aggro enough mobs.
Or just tank Onyxia naked like me! /brag

xD

And Locus... Al'akir really easy? :o
Not really... on first try he can be hard as hell, it just depends on the group and so on. I know that people had really a lot of trouble with him on 25 HC on retail.
Wotlk raids are way too easy, for example ICC isn't that hard and it's supposed to be the hardest raid. At the moment on retail in The Firelands most people rae still struggling with the last few bosses on 25m and HC modes.
Fenris - the ultimate tank

The angels sang out... in an immaculate chorus
And down from the heavens... descended Chuck Norris

Tassadar

#12 » Post by Tassadar » 02 Aug 2011 07:30

Liberty wrote:Okay, so whats the point in this thread?

If your going on about ingame content, there are many threads which go on about there being basically none.

I would say for sure that cata has far more ingame content than wotlk even at its present state, but i can imagine it wasnt as "good" as tbc area.

The game for me didnt actually begin at 80, it ended at 80. Anything beyond it is all social politics and trying to get into the most geared raid by trying to be everyones friend.
which "some" fail miserably.

Gurdjieff

#13 » Post by Gurdjieff » 02 Aug 2011 08:29

I'm also bored with the LKs end game. I thought it was going to be way better. I think the problem with Wotlk is that you don't have to pass through some of the old content to access the new one. For instance you don't have to mandatory do toc to get the quests or items that grant you access to icc, you just farm frosties get your t10 and do icc. Also you don't have to raise reps, just the icc one for that ring the others just give you a dragon, they don't give you anything else and they farm themselves while you do "heroics". I think that makes lk pve kinda boring.
I'd talk about pvp but i'd be nerdraging all night long so i'll just say it's ok but it could be better.
To make things funnier my solution is to level alts and explore all the classic and burning crusade content. I've been leveling a warrior as a tank just to get fast groups and explore, and i have to say it has been really fun. Now I hope i'd do all the dungeons on outland and some raids just to postpone the tedious 80 endgame.

Finally a Burning Crusade server as cool as this one would be really awesome I'd totally the up to play there, if someday there is such a thing made.
Let me introduce myself: I'm Gurdjieff and...
I rolled a Warlock but Rogues raped me all the time
so I rolled a Rogue but Warriors raped me all the time
so I rolled a Warrior but Mages raped me all the time
so I rolled a Mage but Warlocks raped me all the time
so I rolled a Warlock but...

Bluebell
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Bluebell » 02 Aug 2011 14:27

Actually, except for ICC 25 Blood queen, I believe ToC is the only place you can get a item level 232 or more shield for tanking. Except for wrathful, but meh, not really a tanking shield.

And the other factions give you enchants and recipes, especially Sons of Hodir with good head enchants, 2 mammoths and I think the 24 slot bag recipe.
Why join the winning side if you can change the winner?

Locus

#15 » Post by Locus » 02 Aug 2011 17:00

Well there is a shield on icc 10, but sadly it drops from the gunship. Anyway, I believe the problem wotlk has is that only one raid drops the "good loot" (well, icc and RS, but RS is short like OS is) ToC 25 hc also drops good items, but its even more difficult than icc 25, which is ridiculous. Good raids like Ulduar are not done much because they are rather hard and drop bad items. I think tbc did a better job connecting all the raids, while wotlk introduces a system in which one starts to "progress" with the surpassed raids get useless item-wise. I would love to have 2 or 3 end game raids instead of one with a million difficulties (having 10 man, 25 man, 10 man hc and 25 man difficulties on the same raid gets boring)