Some changing thoughts.

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
River
Donor

Some changing thoughts.

#1 » Post by River » 16 Jul 2011 12:38

So, in light of me thinking of changing for da horde i was voting recently and decided that i might aswell donate instead

A. because i suck at remember to vote
B. id like to help out keep the server alive

However theres a few things i need to think about and i think it would be nice to have someone elses thoughts on the matter.

So it breaks down to a few things when changing race;

What race should i be -
What looks cool astheticly (dance, player model)?
whats good for my class?
What emulates my personality?

Since im a preist the natural thing to assume is that trolls have that awesome haste racial that ive been told would go hand in hand with being a spreist and a holypreist. Astheticly however i dont think the troll is that very good to look at, i dont know whats peoples thoughts? I kind of like the male troll dance but im not sure about anything else. Recently I saw connery change to horde and its very hard to even preceive him as a player, personally its like your invisble if your a troll, i dont know if i just phase them out or what.

The second choice i can have is a belf, and i'll be honest, i think they are quite... pompus... is that the right word? arrogant? The type of person who would attack you for no reason and would be a complete jerk to you ingame. Maybe i have some hatred for them or something seen as they consist of 90% of DK's and holypaladins on this server. They do however have a quite interesting racial, their enchanting would improve my slowly climbing secondary proffesion and their intrupt/mana regen racial skills theoreticly sounds amazing for both my spreist and holypreist as they are quite dependant on silences and mana regen skills to survive(atleast my roation would benfit from another silence anyway). Visually i think they are a crude reskin for a belf thats just way to close to gnome height for my liking, vanity isnt for me, so its not emulating who i am either.

Last but not least we have undead... An undead mage was the very first proper char i ever played, back when me and bluebell first tried the nerdy concept of trying wow. She was a rogue(squishy with no real dps or hp to last more than a few seconds), and i was a overpowered sheep polymorphing dps machine.... that could blink! Their racial isnt too bad, but it offers nothing immediate, i would never need their infinite underwater breathing, but their resistance to fear would be a step closer for me being able to defeat those pesky warlocks.

Anything else im vitally missing from one of these classes?

My second choice i need to make is wether or not i keep a female char, i mean it really doesnt matter, but i think alot of people associate me with my female dranei now, and turning up as a male troll would just be a bit.. different?

My third choice is do i name change? I'm sure theres plenty of people who love or hate me already so would having a new name give my char a new clean slate?

Anyway, thats about it for now, i may edit the post if i think i need to add anything else.

I've made this post quite long because im pretty sure it will ward off warpath from posting, but if you do by any chance get to this topic and feel the need to comment warpath, make it meaningful, and not something to add to your postcount.

Oh and i like this kind of music :3

Accounts that matter to me.
Mekop - spriest/holypriest - 5.9 k pve and pvp
River - resto dudu - 6k pve and pvp

Zutt

Re: Some changing thoughts.

#2 » Post by Zutt » 16 Jul 2011 12:50

It might be ooc but Why are you going to horde ?

Warpath

#3 » Post by Warpath » 16 Jul 2011 13:04

make a female belf. sexy.

River
Donor

#4 » Post by River » 16 Jul 2011 13:05

Zutt wrote:It might be ooc but Why are you going to horde ?
the main reason for moving to horde is that alliance is litrally going down the plug hole for community and overal quality of a faction you should play on.

I'm here for the community, and considering it feels like most of the alliance faction seems quite immature and full of trolls.

I've had first hand experince, and other people tell me that horde as a whole are far more friendly, far more inteligent when it comes to raid/pvp/and dunegons.

Edit: im glad warpath proved my point and didnt read my post :p.

Oh and i like this kind of music :3

Accounts that matter to me.
Mekop - spriest/holypriest - 5.9 k pve and pvp
River - resto dudu - 6k pve and pvp

Warpath

#5 » Post by Warpath » 16 Jul 2011 13:08

Im not stupid to read all that, Im just suggesting, female belf.

and, horde is on same level as alliance when it comes to immaturity and trolls. youll see.

Felnight

#6 » Post by Felnight » 16 Jul 2011 13:52

B'elfs overpopulate horde in my opinion, but hey, people want to be pretty.

As far as cool looking. I dont much care for the way trolls look...gangly...eh, undead - kinda look normal, what they lack in jaw bones, and missing muscle mass they make up in personality.

Keep your name, its your name, who cares if someone doesnt like you...
Male/Female - If you kept your name, definitly stay female...doesnt really sound like a 'guys' name.

And just so you know, Horde has its days too. Both sides are filled with immaturity, atleast horde side has me and my sarcasm button when things get out of hand.

Intervention
Former Staff

#7 » Post by Intervention » 16 Jul 2011 14:00

Leaving Alliance means you leave Intervention which means you commit social suicide.
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

Warpath

#8 » Post by Warpath » 16 Jul 2011 14:00

Byeee Liberty, have fun. And play nice with Hordys :D

Plätzchen

#9 » Post by Plätzchen » 16 Jul 2011 14:11

Interesting that we had almost the same thoughts, Lübertü. We're really one of a kind :)

But personally I had different conclusions than you. Instead of changing my main to horde, I created a new toon there and packed it with all the heirloom goodness :)

For aesthetic reasons I chose female belf, because unfortunately horde is butt-ugly. When it comes to aesthetics, there are no other choices. In fact, it is so narrow that you cannot even choose a male belf. Even as someone who has great sympathies for gay people, male belfs are just too much for me to handle. Even one of my best buddies who is gay and happens to play on retail makes nasty jokes about them O_o
But what you said about belfs about arrogance and such is true. It's not just your oppinion, it's the way Blizzard created them. They are supposed to be like that with a superiority complex, arrogance and a strong xenophobia.

So my advice to you: Go undead. It's something from your past, your very first experiences with wow and as it seems from a time when you started to really cling to wow. So kind of a personal thing that goes beyond looks.

Last point for me: Everything you said about what you hear about horde. As I said, I created a new toon and therefore don't know the 80's society. Maybe it is a wonderful place that is magically totally different from all other under-80 hordes on this server. Maybe the many 80s that went from alliance to horde before my time here transformed horde80 into a world of intelligence, kindness and skilled teamplayers.
But my horde char is now my by far most played char and all I can say is: If 80s horde are just like those people I play with and read the brainfarts on world channel, then you will be soooooo disappointed.

With that being said, after my advice to go undead, here is an even more important advice. Do NOT change your main to horde untill you didn't donate or vote enough to be able to change back.
I really feel and share your disappointment about quite a lot of trolls and noobs on ally. But I have a red handprint on my face from the regular facepalms ever since I went horde. :/
So in the end, maybe you should just abandon all hope and accept that 80% of all wow players are idiots and you and me are losing brain cells with every day we play this abomination of a game. :)

Royal

#10 » Post by Royal » 16 Jul 2011 14:22

Leveling an new toon is always an better solution as Plätzchen suggested... maybe you would like to come back to alliance one day who knows...

But if you really wanna wanna change i guess just stay female and pick whatever race you are into... all 3 ya named are coll... tho personally i find trolls lamer then undead or belf...dunno... imo they should just stay in dungeons and drop some lewt :D

Cover25

#11 » Post by Cover25 » 16 Jul 2011 15:21

Why are you leaving me Liberty -.-. First Bluebell now you, Why V.V. All im going to have left now is Mithrandir :/.

Dumb

#12 » Post by Dumb » 16 Jul 2011 15:35

If inter changes to horde im leaving this game for sho now :(

Mmeko

#13 » Post by Mmeko » 16 Jul 2011 16:16

Awww, guess the haircut your char had 2 days ago will go wasted. Anyway don't change name, I personally found out i was more (in)famous in horde then in alliance, probably because of my fail solo Orgrimmar raids. My advice is to make a male char, unless you get a "pompus" belf

Intervention
Former Staff

#14 » Post by Intervention » 16 Jul 2011 16:19

LOL who are you Psy :D?
Chicken, Fried Chicken
Send me mail in-game or a PM if you need to contact me!

axe

#15 » Post by axe » 16 Jul 2011 19:45

Undeath˙s are cute.