Primal Wows low population

Archive of discussions that have went stale. Lots o' dust over here!
KingRjay

Primal Wows low population

#1 » Post by KingRjay » 10 Jun 2019 19:57

I've put quite a bit of time into this server over the past 3.5 years, and it's getting really sad to see the population so low after years of people being there to talk to and hang out with in game.
In short, we need some way to reboot the population. Personally, I think the best way to do this is to get more YouTubers reviewing this server, such as what dodgy kebaab and hamster wheel did back in the day. Those videos got huge amounts of views and bumped up the population.

What should we do about this?

Dreadnought101

Re: Primal Wows low population

#2 » Post by Dreadnought101 » 10 Jun 2019 20:04

Wait for a good wrath launch, theres a lot of sleepers that are just waiting for that. You cant save Burning Crusade at this point.
Degaris
-
A wise man once introduced me to this game "It shall protect your virginity my lad." He said...

bobsmyname
Donor

#3 » Post by bobsmyname » 10 Jun 2019 21:07

Dreadnought101 wrote:
10 Jun 2019 20:04
ou cant save Burning Crusade at this point.
Sadly, this is true.
Trans Rights

kokewe

#4 » Post by kokewe » 10 Jun 2019 22:36

Very true. The pop has take a bad hit, it all probably comes back to the TBC launch, with a new core just a few weeks before, tbc was not ready for release and we saw a massive drop in population.

At least for wrath release, they should have almost all necessary scripting done (from truewow) and therefore it should be hard screwing that up. But dunno if wintergrasp works? That should be a priority going forward at least.
However for that to be a smooth transition the server needs alot of publicity, although, I have no idea when wrath will launch.

andriuspel
Former Staff

#5 » Post by andriuspel » 30 Sep 2019 11:10

wrath is expected to be open after complete swp unlock + few months maybe to have things sorted for pw. Since its major expansion opening, it indeed will require additional work
A son asked his father (a programmer) why the sun rises in the east, and sets in the west. His response? It works, don’t touch!

Everyone says it's difficult to work with a person while they have a negative attitude or constantly exhibit uncooperative behavior.